Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 216 217 [218] 219 220 ... 277

Author Topic: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2! And 3!  (Read 484796 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2!
« Reply #3255 on: July 13, 2018, 01:10:40 pm »

Thanks to some investigation, users have figured out what the next dlc for Rome 2 is about. It's a campaign pack about the Second Foundation of Rome and will feature playable Rome, Veneti, Tarentum, Senones, Syracuse. I hope that's not all of them, I wanted a playable Etruria.

Source
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3256 on: July 13, 2018, 01:49:29 pm »

Time to be surprise Iceni again. I like to make big armies in Britain, then sail to Egypt and stuff, to start EXTREME long range wars.

Have you, by chance, read the "A Scotsmen in Egypt" let's play?

I have not but I will now. I do this sorta thing all the time. Romans in scythia is especially fun.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3257 on: July 17, 2018, 03:26:24 pm »

Today a bunch of news got dropped, it seems. Since I am in vacation, I'll sum up what I think is interesting for each.

If you can't see it properly due to phone or whatever, the two unanounced LLs have a Dark Elf and a Jungle background respectively. I guess they are aiming for a total of 4 LLs for each launch faction. That there seems to be room for one more FLC after the Lizardmen one is interesting.

For Throne of Britannia, it was stated earlier, though I can't find the source now, that the obligatory Blood dlc will be free for people who own the Attila one. Also there's a beta update called Allegieance.

As if that wasn't enough, there was the monthly "What are we working on" blog post. From it, we can tell there's going to be apparently some sort of betrayal mechanic in 3 Kingdoms, Rome 2's next DLC will be formally announced soon, and TWW3 is still in preproduction + Chaos jokes.

All in all, Total War is in a pretty good state.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3258 on: July 17, 2018, 04:15:56 pm »

Fingers personally crossed for Kroak and Malus darkblade, although I can see the former being PLC.
Maybe temple guard guy.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3259 on: July 17, 2018, 04:20:29 pm »

I hope they eventually add a playable vampire faction for the vampire coast.  I think it would be fun to play over there instead of being smushed between the empire and the dwarves.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #3260 on: July 18, 2018, 08:52:35 am »

I know in the first game there were mods that made all the factions playable. There something similar for the second one yet?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3261 on: July 18, 2018, 09:07:20 am »

I know in the first game there were mods that made all the factions playable. There something similar for the second one yet?
Crynsos Faction Unlocker. It is also a requirement of a lot of other mods.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #3262 on: July 19, 2018, 09:14:52 am »

Total War just streamed some calming music this morning, then dropped the trailer for the new Rome II DLC two minutes from the end.
Full Stream (with Trailer)
Trailer
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3263 on: July 19, 2018, 09:54:14 am »

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3264 on: July 19, 2018, 01:31:41 pm »

I will play if I can use the original Pyrrhus.
This is my lifelong dream.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3265 on: August 22, 2018, 09:29:14 am »

A small patch is currently in opt-in beta on Steam. Called the "Reinforcement Beta" it focuses on re-fixing the bug where reinforcing armies arrive from the wrong side of the map to where they're located on the campaign map.

It also fixes and changes a few other small things, though it is by no means as extensive as the ones that usually come with DLC packs.

Patch notes:
  • Reinforcements should now enter the battlefield from the expected direction.
  • The Tier 3 and Tier 4 Dark Elf entertainment buildings can now be constructed by those who do not own The Queen and The Crone.
  • Fortress Gates, Skavenblight, Hell Pit and Occupied Elven Colonies can now be upgraded by those who do not own Tomb Kings.
  • Sisters of Slaughter are now recruited from Tier 3 Halls of Ravaging.
  • Tomb Kings’ Skeleton Warriors and Skeleton Spearmen are now available to recruit from the Infantry Level 1 building Open Graves

The change to Tomb Kings is an interesting one. I kind of liked how you could recruit armies of skeletons basically anywhere, but perhaps it was a bit too armies-for-nothing.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3266 on: August 22, 2018, 11:03:58 am »

• The Tier 3 and Tier 4 Dark Elf entertainment buildings can now be constructed by those who do not own The Queen and The Crone.
  • Sisters of Slaughter are now recruited from Tier 3 Halls of Ravaging.
They didn't fix it so much as they've bypassed it by shunting the Sisters of Slaughter to another building.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3267 on: September 25, 2018, 07:36:23 pm »

The CA dripfeed of news is starting again: https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/9isdl7/a_fantastical_announcement_draws_near/

Looks like it's a treasure map? So probably announcing Sartosa?

Edit: There was also some sort of false outrage ending in some people brigading Rome 2's scores because someone lied about how you can recruit tonnes of female generals as Rome or something like that. Then it turns out they cheated it either with photoshop or mods and the only female generals you can hire are really low percentage or 50% as that one African weed nation or whatever.

Either way it's pretty dumb.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3268 on: September 26, 2018, 07:23:37 am »

Edit: There was also some sort of false outrage ending in some people brigading Rome 2's scores because someone lied about how you can recruit tonnes of female generals as Rome or something like that. Then it turns out they cheated it either with photoshop or mods and the only female generals you can hire are really low percentage or 50% as that one African weed nation or whatever.

Either way it's pretty dumb.
Oh no, it's way dumber than that.

Youtuber ArchWarhammer decided he wasn't making enough outrage and manipulated the game until he got 5 female generals, and then started claiming that the devs had issues a secret patch that caused all generals to become female and how this is an outrage, where is muh 'historical precision'. Then to make sure this was an actual shitstorm and not a mere shitbreeze, actual literal Nazi newspaper The Daily Stormer (that I am not going to link, and you probably shouldn't search for) issued a piece about how in Total War, white soldiers are being replaced by women and black people (though obviously they used a pejorative term).

Did people look at this and calmly check the information? Of course not, that would be sensible. Instead they started review-bombing the game about how Rome 2 has no historical precision (Gauls in Arabia? Just fine. Women in my game? OUTRAGE), how it is SJW, how it is dragging politics into their precious gaming (which is a laughable complaint, since culture and politics might as well be the same thing), and so on and so forth.

Things got even more inflamed when a CA community manager said that there were no changes, the game was working as intended on that aspect and no plans were being made to change anything, and that if they still didn't like that to mod it or stop playing. Obviously this led to more OUTRAEG and cries for the community manager to be fired.

In short, youtuber and literal nazis inciting outrage, plus a huge load of misoginy and racism because of course.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #3269 on: September 26, 2018, 07:58:32 am »

Hey, So, does anyone know if theres a mod to increase the amount of people you can have a campaign with in Total Warhammer? From what I've heard 2 can bring you up to 4, but I was wondering if you could get to like one player for every faction
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha
Pages: 1 ... 216 217 [218] 219 220 ... 277