Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 217 218 [219] 220 221 ... 277

Author Topic: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2! And 3!  (Read 484786 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2!
« Reply #3270 on: September 26, 2018, 08:00:34 am »

Hey, So, does anyone know if theres a mod to increase the amount of people you can have a campaign with in Total Warhammer? From what I've heard 2 can bring you up to 4, but I was wondering if you could get to like one player for every faction
Pretty sure that's impossible. Also would make it probably unplayable if it was.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #3271 on: September 26, 2018, 08:03:54 am »

The Idiocy
I really hate when devs put this (present  :P) kind of TOLERANT stuff in games but... Oh God, The Idiocy!

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3272 on: September 26, 2018, 10:11:18 am »

I liked one comment from a Steam user that mentioned that this isn't really that new of a mechanic, rather, it's an expansion on things that were already in the game.
Previously generals could have wives but they only gave a few stat changes (+ Authority - Zeal), now with all the other changes to agents to make them more useful you have a lot more options for wives and female family members to influence and manipulate the diplomatic and political systems (Spread rumours, hold parties, send diplomats and gifts, etc).

This also comes with some factions being able to have female generals if there was historical precedent (such as for Ptolemaic Egypt or the Kush) which might happen if, say, your leader passes away and you don't have a direct male heir or you have a daughter you want to steer towards command.
For factions where this doesn't really work historically (like Rome or Carthage), while you still have all of the agent options available for a wife to influence politics or diplomacy, they cannot be put into a military position.

Spoiler: Comment from Steam (click to show/hide)

Anyway:

A post has been made on the Total War forums about a coming "Fantastical Announcement" as well as a picture with the date 4th October 2018 and a black X.
People are suggesting Dogs of War, Sartosa, Vampire Coast as the most likely. I don't really have any ideas as it's not much to go off of.

Also, another post was made about a version of Total War: Warhammer 1 called the "Dark Gods Edition" that is a limited physical run including Bretonnia, Norsca and Chaos Warriors along with some box art and a free e-book about Archaon the Everchosen.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3273 on: September 26, 2018, 10:17:48 am »

Regarding the tease:

It's probably a Southern Realms one, because they're making always 4 lords per new faction pack, and Vampire Coast doesn't provide that.

While I wanted Araby, Southern Realms is fine. I am just wondering how the lords will be handled for the Vortex map, since currently we just got Sartosa and the Colonies.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3274 on: September 26, 2018, 12:55:41 pm »

I'd be very tickled if the Southern Realms ends up being way more interesting than playing the Empire because of all the added features and stuff.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #3275 on: September 26, 2018, 02:03:22 pm »

Am I the only one that finds the AI in this game annoying?

Started a Skaven campaign with the Plaguedood. Take the first unoccupied city on the coast.

The AI for a rival skaven clan sails a boat down from further up the coast and keeps wanting to take the city. As soon as my move my one army near it, they turn tail and flee.

Meanwhile the Slaan push in ever closer from the west.

It's like, the AI in this game is all or nothing. Like Ork WAAAGGGGHHHs will travel halfway across the world, ignoring every other faction while they are in turn ignored, so they can plop down on your doorstep. It was even funnier when I was playing Beastmen and had WAAAAGGGGHHHs chasing me from the Dwarf Holds to fucking Altdorf and they still wouldn't fuck off, nor would they be contested by any other faction.

It's like....mathematically boring. The AI just numerically builds up a larger force than you, and attacks incessantly, or if they're weaker, they run incessantly. Factions diameterically opposed to each other will straight up ignore each other if the player is a more valid target, regardless of faction. It was ok with Beastmen because you don't have to hold cities. But when you've got territory to defend, the AI in this game sucks the fun right out of it.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2018, 06:46:27 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3276 on: September 26, 2018, 02:06:46 pm »

That is why I went back to Rome 2. At least the campaign AI pays attention to more than just the player faction. Plus it's hilarious to watch some of the minor factions steamroll major powers. "Sparta is held by... Pergamon?! WTF?!"
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3277 on: September 26, 2018, 03:44:51 pm »

It's like, the AI in this game is all or nothing. Like Ork WAAAGGGGHHHs will travel halfway across the world, ignoring every other faction while they are in turn ignored, so they can plop down on your doorstep. It was even funnier when I was playing Beastmen and had WAAAAGGGGHHHs chasing me from the Dwarf Holds to fucking Altdorf and they still wouldn't fuck off, nor would they be contested by any other faction.
While this is hilariously in character for the greenskins, unfortunately it is just stupid AI coding. While doing a Beastman run in WH1 I was being chased all across the empire by:
1) Karl Franz
2) Some savage orc WAAAGH!
3) Skarsnik
4) Belegar
5) Helman Ghorst
6) Louen

Frankly, I am surprised there were no wood elves or norscans after me too (this was before the Bretonnia patch, for whatever it matters).

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3278 on: September 26, 2018, 04:52:05 pm »

Played a co-op Beastmen/Morathi game and had Karl Franz follow me all the way across the sea and get caught at Clar Karond. Ten turns later, the Empire had started conquering the dark elves.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3279 on: September 26, 2018, 05:44:25 pm »

Played a co-op Beastmen/Morathi game and had Karl Franz follow me all the way across the sea and get caught at Clar Karond. Ten turns later, the Empire had started conquering the dark elves.
This action does have my consent!

(That's actually hilarious)

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3280 on: September 26, 2018, 11:35:55 pm »

I have had things like that happen. Being at war with a lot of other factions, such as when playing the Beastmen, can lead to factions sending their armies across the map to attack you. I guess it's a side effect of your comparative strength being less then all the factions against you, even though they may be quite minor or your strength being considered less for every war your engaged in.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3281 on: September 26, 2018, 11:44:48 pm »

Can't say it's ever happened to me, but I tend to play with a lot of mods so maybe those interfere.

Also the only time I ever played Beastmen was when I played Morghur and had a slow, methodical, destroy-the-entire-world campaign. Nobody chasing me anywhere in that one.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3282 on: September 27, 2018, 01:16:56 am »

It's mostly a thing with Malagor in my experience. When I try him I'm consistently chased across the world by the Top Knots savage orcs faction.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #3283 on: September 27, 2018, 10:59:01 am »

It's mostly a thing with Malagor in my experience. When I try him I'm consistently chased across the world by the Top Knots savage orcs faction.

Aye, it was during a Malagor playthrough for me too.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3284 on: September 27, 2018, 11:03:05 am »

CA just announced a Yellow Turban DLC for 3K... and of course it is pre-order DLC. I thought they had learned after TWW, but I guess not. Sigh.
Pages: 1 ... 217 218 [219] 220 221 ... 277