Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 229 230 [231] 232 233 ... 277

Author Topic: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2! And 3!  (Read 483419 times)

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
Re: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2!
« Reply #3450 on: November 16, 2018, 01:43:48 pm »

+75 AP?!? That thing really could cut through a tank.

Is that a generic item or is it one of the legendaries I haven't seen?
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

Sindain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3451 on: November 16, 2018, 05:02:19 pm »

I got that from a skull island battle. Really awesome weapon. Not sure if you can get it anyway else.
"just once I'd like to learn a lesson without something exploding."

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3452 on: November 16, 2018, 07:13:32 pm »

+75 AP?!? That thing really could cut through a tank.

Is that a generic item or is it one of the legendaries I haven't seen?
Generic item, blue quality, and weapon slot.

The Wind Blast is really more useful given the Breaths of the VC don't do too much damage to anything with decent armor.
I got that from a skull island battle. Really awesome weapon. Not sure if you can get it anyway else.
I got it by kicking Tyrion's shit in early on.

Then he went and got Sunfang, the asshole.

Dunno how he got it, was busy killing Caledorians.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3453 on: November 16, 2018, 09:29:54 pm »

AI don't do quest battles. Once they hit the proper level they automatically gain their quest items.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3454 on: November 16, 2018, 09:37:35 pm »

AI don't do quest battles. Once they hit the proper level they automatically gain their quest items.
Ah, I was busy killing Caldorians, I don't know how Tyrion got the animu katana.

But I mugged it from him!

(He spent the entire battle killing two Zombie Handgun Mobs by himself while the rest of my army crushed his)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3455 on: November 16, 2018, 09:41:45 pm »

Ah, I was busy killing Caldorians, I don't know how Tyrion got the animu katana.

But I mugged it from him!

(He spent the entire battle killing two Zombie Handgun Mobs by himself while the rest of my army crushed his)
Welcome to the wonderful world of tarpits.

Works great on lords and heroes with no AOE killing power whatsoever. Is more or less useless against guys who can uhh... walk over them.

It's also why I really don't like melee-focused lords who never get good mounts. What exactly is Tyrion going to do when he's surrounded by zombies? Maybe that's why he became such an edgelord in the end times. Couldn't handle being manhandled by the worst units in the game.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3456 on: November 21, 2018, 04:25:40 pm »

Man, I'm fighting the wood elves for the first time as Kemmler, they are kinda scary.  The forest causes attrition no matter how vampiric I make it, they have lots of armies, and each time I fight them they have 37 billion arrows flying through the air.

I've managed to take two cities so far though.  I'm kind of hoping that puts a dent in the amount of armies they can field.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3457 on: November 21, 2018, 05:26:18 pm »

Man, I'm fighting the wood elves for the first time as Kemmler, they are kinda scary.  The forest causes attrition no matter how vampiric I make it, they have lots of armies, and each time I fight them they have 37 billion arrows flying through the air.

I've managed to take two cities so far though.  I'm kind of hoping that puts a dent in the amount of armies they can field.
Yeah, welcome to Warhammer Vietnam.

VC are really good at dealing with them though. They can generate free units inside there and they have lots of fast moving units to catch the buggers.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3458 on: November 21, 2018, 05:41:18 pm »

I always neglect my cavalry.   :o   :P

Raising dead after each battle is the only thing keeping me going (and raiding my own territory as I take it so my guys can heal).  I don't know how other races would handle it.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3459 on: November 21, 2018, 05:54:56 pm »

Very very slowly. I went through a period of treating the WElves as my main enemy in the mid-game because of how wonky they were when they first got added to WH1 and it was generally a case of entering with overwhelming power, smashing a city and then leaving and circling around to another angle to attack more cities without having to face the attrition until hitting the point where they couldn't muster enough units to stop your moth eaten forces finishing them off. Took ages and was frankly not worth it since all it did was leave smoking ruins for 30+ turns of work.

WH2 made it a lot easier since you can occupy Athel Loren even though it's pretty terrible. If you take the Oak you get immunity to AL attrition (think that's still the case, been a while since I played in the area,) so that's generally my second target now. 2 or 3 stacks rush King's Glade, camp there and then slowly raid shuffle up to the OoA and try to snag it, then pick off the WElves cities as desired. Works best as Vampires, but I've made it work as Brettonnia, Tilea (mods), Skarsnik, Lothern and Clan Angrund.

The attrition is the biggest issue, but WElves are also just kind of a pain in the ass to fight most of the time.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Xardalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Being bored and stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3460 on: November 21, 2018, 07:00:17 pm »

I have fallen in love with Tretcht and the skaven in general. They are so fun.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3461 on: November 21, 2018, 09:39:45 pm »

Gasp, TW:W2 has made it's way to mac and at $30 no less... is it worth the price tag? I enjoyed the first one... but mostly with the addition of a lot of mods.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3462 on: November 21, 2018, 10:55:59 pm »

Gasp, TW:W2 has made it's way to mac and at $30 no less... is it worth the price tag? I enjoyed the first one... but mostly with the addition of a lot of mods.
TW:W2 is just an improved version of the first. Drastically improved.

I think it's worth it. Also all the mod makers migrated over to W2 too.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3463 on: November 22, 2018, 08:13:38 am »

TW:W2 is just an improved version of the first. Drastically improved.

I think it's worth it. Also all the mod makers migrated over to W2 too.

This.

Also now I'm playing a Vlad/Isabella game and I managed to force Mannfred to confederate and I'm being suspiciously polite and generous for psychotic blood hungry soulless monsters. I'm allied to Karak Kadrin and Zhufbar, and I'm only at war with Stirland and the orc tribes that are gobbling up Kadrin. I'm trying to grab dat third Blood Knight for infinite power freedom from corruption so I can be a travelling army of chivalrous monsters and undead cavalry, swooping in to save Order races at random. And also to march Mannfred to Naggarond and have an epic Magic Knight on Dragon fight with Malekith.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3464 on: November 22, 2018, 10:10:18 pm »

Still haven’t tried the new bloodline systems. Cool that there’s many ways to circumvent the attrition now though.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.
Pages: 1 ... 229 230 [231] 232 233 ... 277