Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 231 232 [233] 234 235 ... 277

Author Topic: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2! And 3!  (Read 484749 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2!
« Reply #3480 on: December 07, 2018, 09:33:07 am »

Since CA is taking its sweet time in fixing the literal game-breaking bug with Vampire Coves...

Someone made a mod to disable them

EDIT: This one blocks agents

It's shitty that we need this to play the damn game.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2018, 10:03:54 am by Teneb »
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3481 on: December 07, 2018, 10:01:50 am »

I've got the Sword of Khaine and am starting with Ulthuan and those poncy elves.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3482 on: December 07, 2018, 10:10:58 am »

I've edited my post above with more stuff to prevent game-ending bugs, but here's something unrelated:

What the teams are working on blog post

Spoiler: tl;dr (click to show/hide)
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3483 on: December 11, 2018, 12:20:40 pm »

The beta patch, called "The Festag Update Beta", has been posted and is available to opt in if you wish.
Link to the blog page listing all the changes.

A major thing of note is the patch also includes updates to all the legendary lords and lords from the Old World races. Here's an infographic listing the changes.

Spoiler:  List of changes (click to show/hide)

Some things of note is a fix for heroes getting 100% chance to succeed due to exhaustion wrapping past 0% back to 100%, Tomb Scorpions and Treemen don't ignore hitbacks and knock interrupts, and a fix for the crash when you destroy a Vampire Coast faction that has existing Pirate Coves.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #3484 on: December 13, 2018, 08:14:56 pm »

And no Hornswaggle for vpirates in MP battles! Once again the WAAAAGH! will happen on schedule (where sometimes you would just kiss your army defining ability goodbye vs vpirates). Although, for some reason, O&G got some minor nerfs and even "sort of" micro buffs, although highly specific ones for certain units/heroes that will effect nothing much at all. But savages now get tech in campaigns! That Wurzag run is looking pretty good now.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2018, 08:29:06 pm by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3485 on: December 14, 2018, 03:00:50 am »

There was a cheat for stacking blood kisses you say?
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3486 on: December 15, 2018, 03:55:46 pm »

Having a really, really fun game as Teclis right now. I forgot how much better the New World races and Vortex map actually is compared to the old ones. There's so much more stuff to do and everything is so fleshed out. Like just all the voicework from agents and your characters and your cities.

Anyway, Jesus Teclis is hard. I had to restart about 4 times on my legendary run just to survive the first 10 turns. Then it's been a neverending struggle against everything. Between Itza, the Krakenlord, all the Skaven hordes here, and fucking Cylostra Direfin who is somehow allied with Mazdamundi... it's crazy hard. My only allies in the region are Khalida who is useless and has been skirmishing with my only other ally in the vicinity in the dwarfs, who are also useless.

I decided early on that to make it more fun, I'd do the Rituals instead of gaming the system and ignoring them till the end.

Goddamn, that's hard as balls as Teclis in Lustria. I'm being attacked by everything, there's no money here, and the provinces are so big and hard to defend. It's not like the ritual or intervention armies are really cheating and spawning inside my lands like in the past either. They're just marching through normally from outside my territory (I don't really have much territory to be honest) and obliterating everything in the way.

I'm on the third ritual now and I have some serious doubts whether I will survive this. My capital is being besieged by one Norscan stack, one Pestilens intervention stack, and one Naggarond intervention stack (I might have level three walls on there but I seriously doubt I will survive that). I have three Chaos + Skaven fullstacks banging on my door, being barely dealt with by my armies. And now Lord Skrolk himself is walking up with a few more fullstacks invading from all sides.

Goddamn, it's exhilarating. I also finally have something of an actual ally too. A greenskin rogue army took over some of Khalida's lands and is actually helping me against Pestilens and the Krakenlord. A greenskin. Of all things.

------------

I have two choices in my strategy against the huge invasion against my capital. What do you guys think of these:

1. I use the supercannons on the level 3 walls to their full advantage. I sally forth most of my melee troops outside the walls to hold and delay the enemy so the archers and towers can kill as much as they can. Then once my troops die or fall back, rely on the Lothern Sea Guard to hold the walls until the time runs out (20 minutes).

or

2. I fight a delaying action for 20 minutes. I buy as much time as possible by stalling the enemy everywhere will small pockets of troops and hopefully last 20 minutes.

I'm leaning towards 1. But if my troops get wiped out too fast it'd be a complete waste of time. They're fighting essentially 4 to 5 times their number so they can very easily be overrun. Option 2 has a better chance of them lasting longer, but will they last 20 minutes is the question. And even if they survive the enemy will just attack again the next round unless I find a way to kill all the siege units (of which there are A LOT).

What would you choose?

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3487 on: December 15, 2018, 08:02:52 pm »

Sally forth, bring the war to them. Selectively. A few troops outside the walls, forcing engagement.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3488 on: December 16, 2018, 03:04:10 am »

Sally forth, bring the war to them. Selectively. A few troops outside the walls, forcing engagement.
I lost my capital lol.

I did try sallying forth but sadly a noble and a few white lions don't last very long against 3 doomwheels and 2 warp lightning cannons among other things.

Then those purple globadiers obliterated my archers on the walls. Jesus those things kill fast.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3489 on: December 21, 2018, 04:45:39 pm »

So yeah I've been trying the Vamp Counts post-rework and they are Awesome. Every bloodline is distinct both visually and in stats (except maybe strigoi?). Necrarch vampires carry staves and have terrible melee stats, whilst Lahmians are female and duellists with a mixed vampires/shadow magic tree. Plus they get their own unique yellow tree. Necrarches can end up having either 3 cost Invohek or 6 cost Invohek upgraded, which is obscene.

So far I'm having some massive fun with it. Haven't yet found out what the descendants of Arborash or Vlad look like but yeah. Big fan.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3490 on: December 21, 2018, 10:40:27 pm »

Anyone has any good idea how to deal with massed mammoths? Norsca is sending armies with ~15 pachyderms. I'm playing chaos, and had an army 2/3rds chosen, some with shields, some with great axes, some with halberds, in a forest. They were all roflstomped equally easily, regardless of what weapon they were wielding. The first five elephants reduced their numbers by half by themselves.

Right now I'm relying on autoresolve, which favours chosen a bit too much.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3491 on: December 21, 2018, 11:05:49 pm »

Anyone has any good idea how to deal with massed mammoths? Norsca is sending armies with ~15 pachyderms. I'm playing chaos, and had an army 2/3rds chosen, some with shields, some with great axes, some with halberds, in a forest. They were all roflstomped equally easily, regardless of what weapon they were wielding. The first five elephants reduced their numbers by half by themselves.

Right now I'm relying on autoresolve, which favours chosen a bit too much.

I think I usually shoot them, so maybe Marauder Horsemen? Dragon Ogres also have anti-large so they might help. I'd probably try and lower their leadership through Doom and Darkness as well. Maybe Aspect of the Dreadknight to counter the terror the mammoths cause. A spell to lower their armour would help with the shooting tactic.

Though, othertimes, I've focused more on dealing with the rest of the enemy army than the mammoths themselves. If they've got 5 mammoths, that's 5 less units of other things like infantry which means it's easier to bring their army model numbers down and make them flee due to casaulties.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3492 on: December 21, 2018, 11:20:03 pm »

Yeah, they had 15 mammoths. The 5 I mentioned wrecking my ranks was just the first wave that got to me while the marauder horsemen (the remaining 1/3rd of my army) tried shooting the rest. I even had one terror-inducing unit, so most of those suggestions were actually employed in that battle. I managed to kill one and rout a few, but it was not even close to an even match.

I'm just surprised how shitty the chosen proved to be. Their performance wasn't much different than what I remember skeleton spearmen could do.

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3493 on: December 21, 2018, 11:26:04 pm »

Shaggoths are probably your best bet. Decent antilarge on them, I think they're somewhat designed to be the monster counter for Chaos. Marauder horse don't have the dps to get through all that HP, unlikely to do much.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3494 on: December 22, 2018, 06:45:01 am »

Shaggoths are almost always a good choice.
He's fucking with us.
Pages: 1 ... 231 232 [233] 234 235 ... 277