Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 236 237 [238] 239 240 ... 277

Author Topic: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2! And 3!  (Read 484578 times)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2!
« Reply #3555 on: February 25, 2019, 01:50:31 pm »

He canNutt be stopped
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #3556 on: March 13, 2019, 03:25:41 pm »

Welp. Just conquered all of Ulthuan with Count Noctilus, Jimbo Nutt, and the Funky Bunch.

I think this campaigns going pretty well.

Really my main enemy is the Dark Elves, as I had to kick them off of a good chunk of Ulthuan to claim it. Though their below me now in power level. Only barely though.
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3557 on: March 15, 2019, 11:40:38 am »

I'm trying a mod that adds the Strigoi as a faction. Pretty good so far, aside from some spelling mistakes here and there.

I'm currently attacking Galbaraz, since it's a stand in for the capital of Mourkain. My zombies are climbing over the walls and my Strigoi, lead by Ushoran himself, break down the gate and charge inside. Ushoran leaps and claws at the goblin leader, quickly reducing the little gits health. I close in to watch, removing the U.I. as one of the Strigoi nearby grabs the goblin and starts slamming him into the ground, reducing him to a pair of feet and flinging the remains away.
"How brutal!" I think as I close in on the goblins feet. However, apparently the goblin wasn't done for just yet as his remains get up and start running away, Ushoran in hot persuit of the legs and floating sword and staff.

Edit: Image should work now?
« Last Edit: March 15, 2019, 11:59:36 am by Mech#4 »
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #3558 on: March 15, 2019, 11:50:24 am »

Image bork
Love, scriver~

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3559 on: March 15, 2019, 12:00:25 pm »

Hm, I guess the URL was too long linking it from Dropbox. I've put it on Tinypic so it should work now, yes?
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3560 on: March 15, 2019, 03:39:13 pm »

Quick observation about the dark elves: Black Arks are almost always a full stack, and late-game GW AI will be rocking like 10 of them

The thing is, the Power Calculator counts them as a regular army, despite the fact that they literally sit around doing fuck-all if you aren’t running around the ocean. This means that the Dark Elf power level includes ten more armies then is actually there late-game. If your fighting them through land means, then the black arks mean basically nothing. So don’t be scared by that unbalanced power bar!
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #3561 on: March 15, 2019, 03:43:53 pm »

By the way, back when Three Kingdoms got delayed to May 23rd, they stated the new Warhammer DLC would be coming out before Three Kingdoms did. Its also almost certainly going to be the Lizardman/Skaven extra Lords/units pack. So there probably will be a trailer for that coming out in the near future.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #3562 on: March 15, 2019, 04:53:09 pm »

Quick observation about the dark elves: Black Arks are almost always a full stack, and late-game GW AI will be rocking like 10 of them

The thing is, the Power Calculator counts them as a regular army, despite the fact that they literally sit around doing fuck-all if you aren’t running around the ocean. This means that the Dark Elf power level includes ten more armies then is actually there late-game. If your fighting them through land means, then the black arks mean basically nothing. So don’t be scared by that unbalanced power bar!
Never be scared, always attack.  That way the enemy country gets turned into a hellish warzone rather than your own country.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3563 on: March 15, 2019, 06:23:57 pm »

Never be scared, always attack.  That way the enemy country gets turned into a hellish warzone rather than your own country.
This goes double if you are playing as the VCs (unless Kemmler) since untainted attrition is brutal.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3564 on: March 15, 2019, 11:42:14 pm »

I enjoy Vampire Coast. They can fuck you over with Corruption, AND walk around on your land all like "The Fuck you gonna do bout it?"

I wish they could confederate though. Like, every other faction can except Tomb Kings. You'd think that Cylostra would be like "Hey, that dude has 10 more armies then me. If I join him ill get fat loot."

Maybe tie it to Notoriety. Kinda like how the Research Lords work, where you spend notoriety to get them.
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3565 on: March 16, 2019, 10:37:31 am »

I enjoy Vampire Coast. They can fuck you over with Corruption, AND walk around on your land all like "The Fuck you gonna do bout it?"

I wish they could confederate though. Like, every other faction can except Tomb Kings. You'd think that Cylostra would be like "Hey, that dude has 10 more armies then me. If I join him ill get fat loot."

Maybe tie it to Notoriety. Kinda like how the Research Lords work, where you spend notoriety to get them.
TKs can also confederate with two exceptions: Settra Does Not Serve, so that means he can never be on the receiving end of a confederation (but he can confed others), and Arkhan the Black is universally hated so no buddies for him.

Khalida, Khatep and all the generics (except maybe the Black Pyramid ones) can confederate and get confederated normally.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3566 on: March 16, 2019, 11:09:58 am »

When I play as Settra, I enjoy running up the map and purposely losing to Surtha Ek.

Then the entire Old World gets destroyed. Good fun.
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3567 on: April 04, 2019, 09:58:47 am »

Bring-haul forth the ratling guns. Yes-yes!

The Prophet and The Warlock pack has finally been revealed.

I was seriously expecting Thanquol instead of Ikit Claw, but I actually like this decision.

EDIT: There's a FAQ too. I'm reading it currently, so comments will come later.

EDIT 2: Ok, so here's what the free content coming with the DLC is (Doomsayers Update):
-Skaven Under-Empire: It works much like Vampirate Coves. It allows you to build a secret base that can, eventually, result in an army rising up to destroy the surface-things. Or, if you are Skryre, you can just build and detonate a nuke.
-All lizardmen LLs will get a quest to unlock Lord Kroak as a Legendary Hero.
-Bretonnia Overhaul:
--A Vow system that replaces the old Realm->Quest->Grail one. The vows will require you to do a specific action and when completed gives you a selection of buffs.
--New technologies.
--Alberic finally has a Trident.
--Confederation dilemmas.
--All Lords start mounted.
--Peasant Mobs are free if you are under the peasant cap.
--Better garrisons.
--Longer Green Knight duration.
--Unlimited Green Knight if you reach max-level Chivalry.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2019, 10:15:27 am by Teneb »

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3568 on: April 04, 2019, 11:33:56 am »

I loved the trailer, so like Predator. I'm glad the Rattling Guns and Jezzails are both two manned weapons. ::Looks at Steam images:: and the Jezzail shields have the horned rat heads on them! So great.

The Doomflayer is a nice suprise, I was expecting the Poisonwind Mortar more than that. The Salamanders look cool also and I like the Ripperdactyls. It also looks like there's skinks with great weapons in one of the images on Steam.

Image 1
Image 2
Image 3
Image 4

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #3569 on: April 04, 2019, 11:45:49 am »

Ratling guns and Jezzails! I was wondering if it was a deliberate design choice that Skaven didn't have any good general-purpose archers, but apparently not. Warpstone bullets for everyone!
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.
Pages: 1 ... 236 237 [238] 239 240 ... 277