Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 240 241 [242] 243 244 ... 277

Author Topic: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2! And 3!  (Read 483811 times)

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2!
« Reply #3615 on: May 23, 2019, 12:35:31 pm »

Just reading Thanquol and Boneripper - I've got to say they're by far some of the best Black Library books I've read. So much fun and they go absolutely perfectly with the new DLC (especially book 2 which is literally Skaven vs Lizardmen).

Not a massive Black Library fan as most of it is absolute trash, but I'd recommend them unreservedly to anyone who even has a passing interest in any part of the warhammer franchise/TW:W etc.
With enough work and polish, it could have been a forgettable flash game on Kongregate.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #3616 on: May 24, 2019, 04:08:13 am »

Did anyone here try for TW: Ancient China? I've downloaded it, but have yet to try it out because of free Sims 4...
Love, scriver~

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3617 on: May 24, 2019, 07:44:44 pm »

Did anyone here try for TW: Ancient China? I've downloaded it, but have yet to try it out because of free Sims 4...
Been playing it extensively.

I really enjoy it. I'm a huge fan of the period and CA did an incredible job on it.

The diplomacy is top notch and I find myself getting really attracted and engrossed in each character due to how much personality they all have, especially for a total war game.

The combat is superb and the game runs buttery smooth. I'm on a 6 year old rig and I'm playing at high with extreme unit settings.

My only complaint is that after playing Warhammer 2 so much it feels weird going back to so few factions again. Turn times are so short haha. Also Southlands are so empty right now so Sun Jian is OP as fuck. He gets so much land so easily.

Playing on v. Hard difficulty as Cao Cao. He's hard as balls despite what the game says (v easy my ass). Bring sandwiched between so many crazed warmongers is challenging. Haven't noticed any blatant AI cheating yet which is nice. I'm sure it does, but no magic spawning free armies or anything like that.

I feel like surrendering right now. He got me good.

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3618 on: May 25, 2019, 11:21:43 am »

Shouldn't he be saying "You fight like a Cao!"?

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3619 on: May 25, 2019, 12:21:44 pm »

I've noticed this isn't here already, so i'll post it. (pity there's no youtube embed)

The Doomsphere Plot

To surmise, someone gamed the undercity mechanics really hard.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #3620 on: May 25, 2019, 12:39:15 pm »

Masterpiece!

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3621 on: May 25, 2019, 03:24:20 pm »

Hot damn. I did a full-Lustria vermintide but this... this is monstrous.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #3622 on: May 25, 2019, 06:11:49 pm »

Wow. I was playing a versus ME where I was Ikit and my friend was Dark Elves. The goal was to conquer Ulthuan before he other did, so naturally I built it I blew up the whole of Ulthuan. But this... this is something even MORE
« Last Edit: May 30, 2019, 09:17:54 am by LordPorkins »
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #3623 on: May 29, 2019, 09:49:37 pm »

Am I the only one who doesn't mind that being in the game?  Its not like the AI is going to do it.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3624 on: May 29, 2019, 11:20:00 pm »

Am I the only one who doesn't mind that being in the game?  Its not like the AI is going to do it.
I don't think anyone minds.

Everyone likes Ikit, despite how OP he is. Just goes to show people will forgive a lot when you get gatling guns and nukes.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #3625 on: May 30, 2019, 10:07:05 am »

It's not like the Warhammer Universe doesn't run off of Rule of Cool most of the time anyway.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3626 on: June 01, 2019, 06:21:22 pm »

That was fantastic.

I know they have to balance things a bit because some people do play it multiplayer, but TW:W always feels like one of those series where it just doesn't need balancing because you can decide which faction you want to play (and there's a lot of choice). There's no harm in one faction being an 'easy' choice and one a harder one.

With enough work and polish, it could have been a forgettable flash game on Kongregate.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #3627 on: June 01, 2019, 08:51:22 pm »

Also a lot of the stuff that Ikit Claw gets in campaign isn't available in multiplayer battles because they're from his workshop or are for the campaign map. So they have at least tried to keep the OP crazy stuff in the campaign.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #3628 on: June 26, 2019, 06:37:04 pm »

For Total War Warhammer 3, when they add Chaos Dwarfs (Which im pretty sure they confirmed)

I really want there to be an event called "THIS WAS A MISTAKE" and for it to spawn a stack of Black Orcs at your capitol
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3629 on: July 18, 2019, 09:11:51 am »

A bit of news on Warhammer 2: Total War; an informational image was posted showing the planned free releases between now and, as according to CA_James on the forums, September when we can expect the next DLC to be released.

Link to forum topic.

The listed items coming are a new legendary lord, an old world update and "some old friends".

I would guess the old world update might be either a rework of the Empire or Greenskins factions. I'm leaning towards the Greenskins and the legendary lord would probably be tied to this in some way.

Some old friends I don't know. The last 'old friend' was Krell but what this one could be I haven't a clue.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.
Pages: 1 ... 240 241 [242] 243 244 ... 277