Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 241 242 [243] 244 245 ... 277

Author Topic: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2! And 3!  (Read 481031 times)

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2!
« Reply #3630 on: July 18, 2019, 09:56:03 am »

I've seen speculation that the old friends are Gotrek and Felix, but I'm not sure how they'd get implemented into the game, especially since they're more affiliated with the Old World factions.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #3631 on: July 25, 2019, 02:27:13 pm »

I think they might add in Boris, Bringer of Todd’s. He’s an old friend that we've wanted in campaign forever, AND he’s fully in the game, so they wouldn’t be adding anything new.

Now, if they REALLY put in the Old Friend we’ve been wanting, it would be Surtha Ek. That would be memetastic.

I also wouldn’t wholly discount them adding lords for game 1 factions, regardless of what they say. There’s already a ton of content that’s game 2 only, and I don’t think anyone would be mad really.
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3632 on: July 25, 2019, 05:25:27 pm »

I know it's not something they'll do, but I'd like to see some characters from Old World factions in the Vortex campaign. There are greenskins, vampires and beastmen and so on running around, they just aren't playable and I think it'd be neat to give them their own updates to incorporate them into the campaign without having to play Mortal Empires.

Bound to be some character from the lore that could fill the role of 'Orc Warboss of Lustria.'
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3633 on: July 25, 2019, 08:24:23 pm »

I know it's not something they'll do, but I'd like to see some characters from Old World factions in the Vortex campaign. There are greenskins, vampires and beastmen and so on running around, they just aren't playable and I think it'd be neat to give them their own updates to incorporate them into the campaign without having to play Mortal Empires.

Bound to be some character from the lore that could fill the role of 'Orc Warboss of Lustria.'
There are, and one mod (We'z Spechul) even adds one savage orc boss and one forest goblin boss for the Vortex. You'd need an unlocker (I recommend Mixu's until Crynsos' is finally updated).

I understand you're asking for an official character, but for now mods are what you'll have to use.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3634 on: July 26, 2019, 02:53:43 am »

There are, and one mod (We'z Spechul) even adds one savage orc boss and one forest goblin boss for the Vortex. You'd need an unlocker (I recommend Mixu's until Crynsos' is finally updated).

I understand you're asking for an official character, but for now mods are what you'll have to use.

Already using the mods. The lack of rites, campaign rituals and various other TW2 faction tweaks just makes the experience rather unsatisfying.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3635 on: August 28, 2019, 11:40:50 pm »

A post has been made by Creative Assembly asking for hunters willing to track beasts in the jungle.

From the hints people are pretty certain part of it will be focused on the Empire, most likely Markus Wulfhart. The rest of the mod is most likely focused on the Lizardmen but it is possible it could be a more general 'big monsters' pack.

Markus Wulfhart could come with Hunters for the Empire (skirmish archers). Other units might be knight orders. This content could also come with a general Empire rework.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3636 on: August 29, 2019, 05:52:43 am »

Might also signify a Sudenburg start position.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3637 on: August 29, 2019, 07:57:39 am »

I see bushy wiry hair.

I don't know any of the empire characters but I hope he looks like an insane explorer.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3638 on: August 29, 2019, 11:34:33 am »

The announcement is made. It's a Markus Wulfhart vs Nakai the Wanderer pack called The Hunter & The Beast. Trailer link

Here's the Steam Page.

Here's the highlights of the pack:
Code: [Select]
-Available both for Mortal Empires and Vortex

-New Empire Faction: The Huntsmarshal's Expedition
--Can be played even if you don't own TWW1
--Starts in Lustria
--Has a special mechanic called "Emperor's Mandate"
---Expanding territory in Lustria increases your standing in the eyes of the Empire, and gets you more building options, better units, upgrades and how many units you can recruit.
---Capping the Mandate bar will trigger the campaign's final battle vs Nakai
--Has another special mechanic called "Hostility"
---It represents Lustria's reaction to Wulfhart and reaching the cap will cause lizard doomstacks to spawn.
--Wulfhart can recruit four special hunters by finding them in Lustria. They are a Master Engineer, a Bretonnian Paladin, a Witch Hunter, and a Wood Elf Waystalker.
--Also gives new units to the Empire:
---Wulfhart himself as a ranged legendary lord with armour-piercing damage, anti-large, vanguard, 360º firing arc, stalk and immune to psychology. He also grants increased ambush defence and ambush chance, as well as reducing upkeep of Archers and Huntsmen in his army.
---Huntsman General, a lord option that serves as a generic version of Wulfhart himself.
---Archers, who are cheap ranged fodder for the empire.
---Deathjacks, a Regiment of Renown that takes archers and gives them stalk, snipe and vanguard.
---Huntsmen, an elite ranged option for the empire with vanguard, stalk, anti-large and can fire while moving.
---White Wolves, a huntsmen RoR that are good in melee, can encourage other units and are immune to psychology.
---War Wagon, a ranged chariot that can fire while moving in a full circle around it.
---War Wagon (Mortar), a more mobile version of the standard mortar but has less shots.
---The Black Lion, a war wagon RoR that has a Helblaster Volley Gun instead of a mortar or handgunners.

-New Lizardmen Faction: Spirit of the Jungle
--Is a Horde Faction
---Is different from the other ones in that only Nakai's horde can unlock unit recruitment. All other hordes of the faction must use global recruitment.
--"Defence of the Great Plan" mechanic
---Nakai starts with a vassal faction called Defenders of the Great Plan. Whenever you take a settlement, you can give it to the Defenders and dedicate it to an Old One to get bonuses.
--To win the campaign, Nakai needs to defeat a bunch of hunters in order to draw out Wulfhart.
--Unique Rites:
---Rite of Alleigance: Increases vassal income and horde replenishment
---Rite of Rebirth: Increases horde growth, reduces construction and recruitment costs, reduces upkeep.
---Rite of Mastery: Increases recruitment rank of Kroxigors, Kroxigor Ancients and Sacred Kroxigors. Also improves the stats of those units.
--New Units:
---Nakai himself as the LL, a giant kroxigor who can boost other kroxigors in his army. He also has activateable abilities to debuff enemies and buff allies.
---Ancient Kroxigors: An elite version of the default kroxigor unit.
---Feral Dread Saurian: The biggest unit in the game once they come out. It's a giant dinosaur, what else do you want?
---Dread Saurian (Howdah): Giant dinosaur with a howdah on its back. The skinks there throw poisoned javelins.
---Shredder of Lustrai: dread saurian (howdah) RoR that has encourage and a passive leadership-reducing aura.
---Sacred Kroxigors: Even stronger kroxigors with magical attacks.
---Cohort of Huatl: sacred kroxigor RoR with extra physical resistance and armour-piercing.
---Razordon Hunting Pack: Dinosaurs who fire volleys of spikes, good vs infantry.
---Amaxon Barbs: razordon RoR that deal poison damage and have ranged resistance.

As if that wasn't enough, we're also getting a FreeLC that is not the teased Old Friends. Detailed here in the FAQ

Because I got nothing better to do, here's the Highlights:
Code: [Select]
-Campaign Map Reworks:
--New province (Solland) and regions have been added to the Empire.
--There are now several mountain passes leading in and out of the Empire, a lof of them having an Imperial Fort that works like the High Elf Gates.
--New province and regions in Albion.
--New Greenskin and Wood Elf factions have been added to the Drakwald and Wasteland.
-New Start Position for the Empire:
--Balthasar Gelt now leads The Golden Order in Solland.
--Empire Offices are being canned and replaced with an Elector Counts system.
---New resources of Prestige and Imperial Authority that can be used to annex the provinces without going to war.
---There's Elector Count positions for defunct Counties like Sylvania and Wasteland.
-Empire faction will be renamed to Reikland (confirmed elsewhere)
-Gor-Rok is a lizardman FLC LL (also confirmed elsewhere)

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #3639 on: August 29, 2019, 12:01:07 pm »

Looks like the DLC trailer decided to have Jurassic Park be the pop-culture reference this time around.

I'm pretty impressed. Looks like everything people wanted, other than folks who wanted more Beastman stuff.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3640 on: August 29, 2019, 01:02:30 pm »

It's the War wagon! It's neat to see that old model being included.

The changes to, at least, the horde of Nakai sound nice. Nakai is the leader so he has recruitment buildings while other lords recruit from the global pool with buildings to lower the global recruitment timer instead of the usual recruitment buildings.

The other changes to the Empire sound neat as well. The addition of Solland (A province to the south of Nuln, capital was Pfeildorf from my reading) where Balthasar Gelt is being moved, forts guarding mountain passes and the whole Empire Elector Count system for gaining their fealty and gifting runefangs sounds much more interesting than the officer system.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3641 on: August 30, 2019, 10:38:35 am »

The starting locations of the two lords have been revealed:
Spoiler: Wulfhart in Vortex (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Nakai in Vortex (click to show/hide)

I like how Nakai will have an Albion start in ME and how the map already pretty much reserves the space I think the game 3 map will take in the combined megacampaign.

EDIT: Nakai can't be confederated
« Last Edit: August 30, 2019, 10:43:22 am by Teneb »

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3642 on: August 30, 2019, 01:41:02 pm »

Looking at the Mortal Empires map, you can see the new areas added with Solland below Wissenland, The Misty Hills north of the Wasteland and the small province added below Nordland for a Wood Elf faction. It seems like the Moot is also it's own province, seperate from Stirland. I think there's also small provinces in the mountain passes (between the empire and Bretonnia, and below Solland) where the new Empire forts will go.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3643 on: September 06, 2019, 05:54:44 am »

The Hunter and The Beast patch notes have been posted. Here's a link to the blog post itself while I'll have notable bits below.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3644 on: September 06, 2019, 10:42:57 am »

SAY HELLO TO THE OLD FRIENDS

Which Old Friends? Why, Gotrek and Felix of course.

They'll be available as a lord (Gotrex) + hero (Felix) that can be recruited from quest markers in the campaign map by a player using either Empire, Bretonnia or Dwarfs. Elves are out of luck. They only stick around for 20 turns before Gotrek gets antsy and then they'll be gone for a while before becoming available again.

Also Gotrek is voiced by Brian Blessed.

But: they'll be a timed White Dwarf exclusive. Those who can get a magazine will be able to grab them on the 20th of this month. Everyone else will have to wait until the 17th of October. Frankly, it ain't that long a wait unlike Alejandro, el eñano blanco Grombrindal.
Pages: 1 ... 241 242 [243] 244 245 ... 277