Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 242 243 [244] 245 246 ... 277

Author Topic: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2! And 3!  (Read 485030 times)

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
Re: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2!
« Reply #3645 on: September 13, 2019, 12:11:03 am »

The DLC and patch are out and I've been enjoying an Empire campaign as Karl Franz.

I'm liking the new Empire and Elector Count mechanics so far. The political events are kind of the usual side with faction A or faction B, however, sometimes there's ones about sending aid to one of the Elector Counts to help combat an attack. To my suprise these are more than just an event box, rather, the game actually spawns an army of the enemy faction to attack the Empire province and if you support them in the attack you get to take part in the battle with a small number of troops (about 7).
So far I've had a siege defence with Hochland against Norsca where the handgunners I was given were instrumental with dealing with two feral mammoths and a land battle with Wissenland against some Greenskins.

War Wagons have been fun to use. They don't have that much speed but their high armour is nice along with their multiple repeating rifles.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3646 on: November 27, 2019, 10:41:04 am »

Time has passed and the next DLC has been announced, coming out on the 12th of December.

"The Shadow and the Blade" feature Malus Darkblade of the Dark Elves and Deathmaster Snikch of Clan Eshin.

Personally, it's quite neat to see Deathmaster Snikch (Also: He's got red claws!). I'm also suprised to see the Warpgrinder though it seems to be implemented in an interesting way, being able to destroy walls and gates as well as some AoE abilities.
I would have liked to see giant rats, though if we do get Throt the Unclean in the future they're still possible there.

The Medusa is neat as well. I don't know much of anything about Malus, having never read the books, so I don't really have an opinion there.

The mechanics Creative Assembly are talking about for Malus and Snikch sound quite interesting. With Malus struggling with the daemon and Clan Eshin getting contracts from other clans and 100% success chance "Shadowy Dealings" that pay with losing the agent for a few turns afterwards.

Oh yes, also, the free Legendary Lord has been announced to be Rapanse de Lyonesse, a new legendary lord for Bretonnia. No further details about that yet other than the mention in the F.A.Q.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2019, 10:54:19 am by Mech#4 »
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3647 on: November 27, 2019, 11:10:58 am »

Oh yes, also, the free Legendary Lord has been announced to be Rapanse de Lyonesse, a new legendary lord for Bretonnia. No further details about that yet other than the mention in the F.A.Q.
It's been confirmed on reddit by CA's community manager that she'll be playable in Vortex. So I imagine it'll be an Araby start.

I think that, named characters aside, the Dark Elf roster is now 100% complete.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3648 on: November 30, 2019, 02:56:36 am »

Some more information and gameplay has been released.

Gameplay of Malus Darkblade.

We see some of the mechanics of Malus, how he has to stave off the daemonic possession or succumb to it for bonuses and negatives either way. Also how he works for Malekith in finding scrolls for the vortex campaign in exchange for elixers that help against the possession. Malus also gets quests given to him by the daemon which give nice bonues but also increase possession levels.

There's also apparently a change for the Black Arks where they can now attack coastal settlements which is nice, and new portraits for lords in the porthole image.

Apparently another quality of life change is that turn times have been reduced by about 60% in the Mortal Empires campaign which is really good to see.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3649 on: November 30, 2019, 12:02:52 pm »

I'm a bit wary about the bonuses and maluses (heh) of going pure or possessed, especially given the bullshit bonuses the AI gets in combat (and the maluses (heh) that players get slapped with in the campaign) in high difficulties.

Now, if you're like me and run mods to take out that bullshit then you're fine... but they're blanacing it for vanilla and, well... it's got me a mite worried.

I like the Black Ark stuff though.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3650 on: December 02, 2019, 08:11:47 am »

There's also apparently a change for the Black Arks where they can now attack coastal settlements which is nice, and new portraits for lords in the porthole image.

YES
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3651 on: December 02, 2019, 01:08:33 pm »

Some more information has been released. A blog post covering the two legendary lords and their abilities and start positions is up.
We see that in the Vortex Campaign, Deathmaster Snikch starts in El-Kalabad in Araby while Malus Darkblade starts near the Tower of the Sun on the islands in the south-east corner while also holding Hag Graef in Naggarond.

Also, most interestingly, in the Mortal Empires campaign, both Snikch and Malus start in a newly expanded part of the campaign map. The map has been expanded eastwards along the coast north of Lamia with Deathmaster Snikch starting in Flayed Rock and Malus starting in the Dragon Isles.

The new area includes provinces Desolation of Nagash, Broken Teeth, The Wolf Lands, Gnoblar Country and the Dragon Isles. It looks like Crookback Mountain is added as well in the Wolf Lands.

This should do a lot to make the starts with Khalida and Kroq'gar more interesting.

I don't think there's any other changes to the map after a brief look over but this addition is pretty big.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3652 on: December 03, 2019, 10:47:40 am »

TBH the biggest thing for me is going to be the ME performance improvements. Lately I've been playing around with some of the old world stuff and it's kinda shitty that none of the QOL and other improvements weren't ported back to WH1. So you either get the inferior overall expirience of WH1 or you get a bunch of wasted time with playing ME even tho you don't care for the majority of the world map.

The faction and lord stuff itself, eh, the DE units are cool but I've never cared much for them. As for the Skaven, while I love them as a faction, none of the units are particularly exciting, especially in terms of laughing madly as you decimate your enemy with horrible hell-contraptions, but that's just me I guess.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #3653 on: December 03, 2019, 11:43:00 am »

I'm not a huge fan of WH1 not being updated, but given how long it took them to port Norsca over from 1 to 2, it sounds like it would be even more difficult to implement the mortal empires changes to WH1.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3654 on: December 05, 2019, 01:19:56 am »

As for the Skaven, while I love them as a faction, none of the units are particularly exciting, especially in terms of laughing madly as you decimate your enemy with horrible hell-contraptions, but that's just me I guess.
Unless the ratling gunners have gotten a nerf, I'd care to argue that point.

Also, yeah Warhammer 1 is dead software at this point. If we're very, very lucky maybe WH3 will have old and new world maps available to game owners
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3655 on: December 05, 2019, 01:39:48 am »

As for the Skaven, while I love them as a faction, none of the units are particularly exciting, especially in terms of laughing madly as you decimate your enemy with horrible hell-contraptions, but that's just me I guess.

Also, yeah Warhammer 1 is dead software at this point. If we're very, very lucky maybe WH3 will have old and new world maps available to game owners
I kinda think of it as a way to fund this ridiculously massive project that will culminate in game 3's gigantisaur map with infinity features. Don't think all these features and polish could have happened without them draining our wallets dry.

That being said I never really feel shafted for the DLCs that I buy. CA's DLC policy for Total Warhammer 2 has been pretty good in my book. Each DLC has a huge chunk of features that continually improve the game. In Total Warhammer 1 they had some hits and misses, but looks like they've figured out what we like with the second game.

On the other hand, Three Kingdoms they went back to silly DLC nobody asked for.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3656 on: December 05, 2019, 01:51:00 am »

I meant in terms of new units the upcoming DLC brings. Everything they have so far is pretty damn great in terms of dumb, overwhelming firepower that falls apart the moment something looks at it funny. New DLC brings in mortars I guess, but they're just longer range globadiers so eh.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3657 on: December 05, 2019, 07:04:45 am »

For now they've mostly got tabletop units, so I'm okay with it.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3658 on: December 05, 2019, 11:25:13 am »

I meant in terms of new units the upcoming DLC brings. Everything they have so far is pretty damn great in terms of dumb, overwhelming firepower that falls apart the moment something looks at it funny. New DLC brings in mortars I guess, but they're just longer range globadiers so eh.

I believe the normal mortars have a damage over time effect that lingers in the area the globe lands. Quite different from how the Avalanche RoR unit works with shot which splits and deals damage on impact only, like the globadiers.

Also: The character sheet for Repanse de Lyonesse has been released. Highlighting several of her abilities like buffing infantry, giving units flaming attacks when facing undead and reducing building costs.

She also starts in Copher I believe it's called in Araby in both the Vortex campaign and the Mortal Empires campaign.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2019, 11:28:19 am by Mech#4 »

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #3659 on: December 05, 2019, 11:53:10 am »

I'm a bit wary about the bonuses and maluses (heh) of going pure or possessed, especially given the bullshit bonuses the AI gets in combat (and the maluses (heh) that players get slapped with in the campaign) in high difficulties.

Now, if you're like me and run mods to take out that bullshit then you're fine... but they're blanacing it for vanilla and, well... it's got me a mite worried.

I like the Black Ark stuff though.
Normal combat difficulty + harder campaign difficulty is how I manage that.  Puts you up against harder odds but (AFAIK) all units behave according to their stats.

I don’t know the numbers but the changes on higher combat difficulties seem to disproportionately impact weaker units.  While your elites feel at about the same power level as before.  I don’t like it.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule
Pages: 1 ... 242 243 [244] 245 246 ... 277