Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 245 246 [247] 248 249 ... 277

Author Topic: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2! And 3!  (Read 485073 times)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Re: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2!
« Reply #3690 on: April 29, 2020, 07:48:28 am »

They mentioned it somewhere I think.  Base factions are the four chaos daemons, and they claimed it'd fill out the rest of the original WHFB roster, so ogres and chaos dwarfs as DLC, and possibly a couple of the human nations like Kislev.  And it implied there'd be a third map.  Hoping it's a realms of chaos map, with the daemons getting some mechanic to invade the world and establish a foothold which would be really fun.
Shoes...

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #3691 on: April 29, 2020, 08:26:19 am »

3 is coming at some point, but from what I've seen I think we're getting another DLC for 2 first.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3692 on: April 29, 2020, 02:07:32 pm »

They mentioned it somewhere I think.  Base factions are the four chaos daemons, and they claimed it'd fill out the rest of the original WHFB roster, so ogres and chaos dwarfs as DLC, and possibly a couple of the human nations like Kislev.  And it implied there'd be a third map.  Hoping it's a realms of chaos map, with the daemons getting some mechanic to invade the world and establish a foothold which would be really fun.
There is no confirmed race so far other than at least one being some form of Chaos. It is heavily implied that the map will be the Dark Lands to the east of the Old World (we even got its southern part with the Ninja vs Edgelf DLC).

3 is coming at some point, but from what I've seen I think we're getting another DLC for 2 first.
CA confirmed that there is one DLC coming for sure, and maybe one more after that.  They'll both be Lord packs.

So far I'm not a huge fan.  He certainly tears shit up but he's slow as hell and he's so big and tall that every archer in the area can get a bead on him.  The AI isn't smart enough to do it but giants are pretty easy to pick off with minimal damage, especially if you've got a light mage.  My favorite biggun unit is probably the warsphinx, which basically works like a giant chariot, bouncing around between units to tank their morale and do huge charge damage.  The starting one for Settra is basically unkillable in the early game.
Giants are hard to use, so a lot of people think they are utter trash. The thing about giants is that they are not a front-line unit. You want to hold him back until you got at least one unit chasing off enemy range, then drive him in from the flank into an infantry blob. Giants straight-up delete infantry. So, in short: keep giant away from archers, and use as a flanking unit vs melee infantry.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #3693 on: April 29, 2020, 09:36:33 pm »

I don't think that they ever confirmed that the base four were going to be Demons. And I doubt Ogres are DLC, since with The Shadow and THe Blade DLC we've got a chunk of land just under the Ogre Area that's kinda messing up the otherwise squarish map of the Old World.
Daemons are definitely going to be a faction. But I doubt that its going to be JUST daemons.

Also: Everyones talking about how the next DLC will be High Elves vs Greenskins, which I agree with. My One Question: What exactly is there to add to the Greenskin Army? Snotling Wagons, and maybe add the two different types of trolls. That's really all I can think of.
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #3694 on: April 29, 2020, 10:28:52 pm »

I suppose the rosters would be pretty slim if the daemons were four separate factions, though it wouldn't be the first time they added new units to a faction if they wanted to flesh them out.  That was what I read, at least, though I may have been hyping it up in my mind since the coolest way to do it in my mind would be to make TW3's new map the realms of chaos where you fight with the servants of the other gods to control points of entry into the old world for your invasions.  But that'd be too cool.
Shoes...

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3695 on: April 30, 2020, 03:01:42 am »

One thing they did confirm a while back was that they'd be reworking how sieges work for TW3, how that comes out remains to be seen, but I'd say it's hard to make it worse than the current thing. Also I think they mentioned something about having points of interest on battle maps that could provide various bonuses or abilities if controlled, tho I'm not sure if that was actually confirmed or just some wishlisting by someone on the internet.

Edit:

Continuing my Wulfhart campaign, gotta say the defenders have proven more useful here than in the Nakai playthrough. You see, the big idiot got himself taken out relatively early but left behind several settlements which have survived surprisingly long for some reason. Said settlements were at war with me when he got killed but since I never pushed too far south (until recently, mostly due to quests) I never really interacted with them. Eventually they sued for peace and offered a generous sum of cash to go with it, I happily accepted because why not, didn't plan on taking them out anytime soon anyways. Several turns later they  declare war on me again, then, several turns after that offer peace and a sum of gold once more. This has happened 4-5 times so far with no signs of stopping until someone kills them, which I kinda hope nobody does because the free cash is always nice.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2020, 06:50:34 am by Jopax »
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3696 on: April 30, 2020, 12:30:37 pm »

They definitely said that they wanted to add terrain pieces that granted effects and what not. The biggest problem for them was getting the AI to not only use these features, but not Overuse them. If a Reliquary grants nearby units magical attacks, you want the AI to try to congregate around it, but you also want the AI to ditch the terrain piece if they need to charge down someone. And the Total War AI isn't that great to begin with.

I also severely Doubt the Realm of Chaos because that would  mean that either A. Daemons literally cant lose since no-one can go in there besides them and maybe Chaos warriors, or B. Other factions can invade the Realm of Chaos. Which would be super dumb from a lore perspective.
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3697 on: May 01, 2020, 06:13:50 pm »

Since I finally managed to get a stable mod collection going, I decided to finally commit to a campaign, and picked Ickit Claw on Mortal Empires.

Despite being extremely low on food, I've managed to wipe out Estalia, Carcassone and the Shadewraith (mod vampirate faction). Currently at war with both Orion and Tilea, but neither have actually moved against me. It's being an enjoyable campaign thus far. I was about to move on Tilea when I stopped, just before noticing Noctilus wanting to snipe one of my Estalian cities. I guess I'll see how that goes for him.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Dostoevsky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3698 on: May 01, 2020, 09:48:56 pm »

Since I finally managed to get a stable mod collection going, I decided to finally commit to a campaign, and picked Ickit Claw on Mortal Empires.

Despite being extremely low on food, I've managed to wipe out Estalia, Carcassone and the Shadewraith (mod vampirate faction). Currently at war with both Orion and Tilea, but neither have actually moved against me. It's being an enjoyable campaign thus far. I was about to move on Tilea when I stopped, just before noticing Noctilus wanting to snipe one of my Estalian cities. I guess I'll see how that goes for him.

Tips on a stable mod collection? I tried to come back to this after a hiatus, and after a couple of hours never reached a stable form of my previous collection.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3699 on: May 02, 2020, 11:17:18 am »

Tips on a stable mod collection? I tried to come back to this after a hiatus, and after a couple of hours never reached a stable form of my previous collection.
I'll compile what I call my "Vanilla+" setup into a steam workshop collection and edit the link into this post (if there are no replies, otherwise I'll just make a new post)

EDIT: This is very important: Use Kaedrin's Mod Manager to enable the mods and launch the game. The CA launcher has... issues with mods.

Here it is! You may want to check each out to see if actually want them or not, of course. While there are a few items in the collection that are technically outdated, they do work (because they are just texture/model packs used by another mod).

EDIT 2: I tend to add new mods to my loadout on occasion, so I'll be adding to this collection when I'm sure that they are actually stable.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2020, 11:38:29 am by Teneb »

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3700 on: May 02, 2020, 02:24:40 pm »

Skaven Food is kind of a joke

You tend to just play around the idea that you wont ever have any food, and you build Public Order buildings, take the penalty to leadership and just keep going.

You only really get a ton of food mid-game, and by then you don't really care. Only real exception I've seen is Eshin. They can pump out food pretty well.
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3701 on: May 02, 2020, 02:28:56 pm »

I didn't really find it that hard to make enough food though when I played them. Undercities can make a good bit

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3702 on: May 07, 2020, 09:39:08 am »

Iz shall deliver you meself to the gatez of WAAAGH!halla where you will krump eternal, shiny an' green!

Store page for The Warden & The Paunch

Because I'm a very nice guy, here's the transcript from the page:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 07, 2020, 09:51:01 am by Teneb »

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #3703 on: May 07, 2020, 10:34:14 am »

I see Mad Max is the latest to get the TW:WH2 homage trailer treatment
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3704 on: May 07, 2020, 11:17:35 am »

I see Mad Max is the latest to get the TW:WH2 homage trailer treatment
The very start is also a reference to The Dark Knight's interrogation scene.
Pages: 1 ... 245 246 [247] 248 249 ... 277