Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 260 261 [262] 263 264 ... 277

Author Topic: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2! And 3!  (Read 483779 times)

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2! And 3!
« Reply #3915 on: July 17, 2021, 12:34:50 pm »

Now you will know why you fear masterful craftmanship. They do ouwie real good, plus if Malagor is up in the air, the gunners got free sight. It took me way too long to get a feeling when the gunners will shoot and when they lack a clear line of fire, they can definitly shred single monster units. Only hope is to cheese them into fleeing. Range units are such cowards, there could be a broken unit at two seconds from loosing morale passing the line, and 6 fulls squads of range unit would still rather flee in a disorganised manner than take a new position, even if they'll beat the unit in two and half pokes if you melee rightclick the pests.
let

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #3916 on: July 17, 2021, 01:00:18 pm »

Against non missile units you can just fly tight circles over them. With ranged units, unit type appears to matter. I forget what ork units they were, but they basically wouldn’t start shooting until Malagor came to a stop. But dwarf gunners, dealing with the same tight circle pattern, would turn and fire even while Malagor was moving, dealing significantly more damage.

When I’m back in town I’ll try the fight again. I imagine flying back and forth in front of their army, rather than circling over it, will cause way more of their shots to miss.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3917 on: September 15, 2021, 12:28:45 am »

New announcements on Warhammer 3; Though the game has been pushed back to release in 2022 we've got a new trailer showcasing Grand Cathay and the forces of Tzeentch.
It's interesting because Cathay was a faction that never had any real development back in Warhammer TT. No models and very little lore to work off of so all this is new stuff coming from Games Workshop and Creative Assembly.

The Dawn of Grand Cathay trailer

FAQ about Grand Cathay

Apparently they're going to focus on disciplined troops, ranged and magic, though with a lack of cavalry and being rather slow. Also Dragon Legendary Lords.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2021, 12:32:10 am by Mech#4 »
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #3918 on: September 15, 2021, 08:22:55 am »

Your links and titles are backwards btw.

The main new thing I got from the Tzeentch armies were guys on flying disks. So I'm curious if someone with better eyes saw anything else. (Also a Lord of Change obviously, but Total War's had those since 1).
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3919 on: September 15, 2021, 02:35:31 pm »

Eh, looks fine, also didn't they say Cathay will get cav of some sort, but it'll something like peasants for Bretonnia and generally shit in combat.

Also the delay was pretty much inevitable, the game was due in less than a month and we've barely seen 2 factions so far, they would've been hyping shit up way more if they were planning to release it anytime soon.

Either way, cool stuff, not too bothered with the wait since there's a shitton of other stuff in my backlog, plus WH2 is still fun to fire up from time to time and I still haven't touched a number of factions/lords.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3920 on: September 16, 2021, 12:37:18 am »

Your links and titles are backwards btw.

The main new thing I got from the Tzeentch armies were guys on flying disks. So I'm curious if someone with better eyes saw anything else. (Also a Lord of Change obviously, but Total War's had those since 1).

Thank you. Shows how long it's been since I've done links.

I think from various screenshots shown around, as well as the trailer, Tzeentch forces show the disks, Pink and Blue Horrors, Flamers, Screamers, Tzeentch Soul Grinder, as well as some tzeentch themed chaos spawn and forsaken.
The Lord of Change in the trailer I believe is Kairos Fateweaver, the two-headed Lord of Change.

Screenshot 1
Screenshot 2
Screenshot 3
« Last Edit: September 16, 2021, 12:39:29 am by Mech#4 »
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3921 on: September 16, 2021, 09:54:15 am »

Generally in fiction the Lord of Change is always two-headed now. Back in the day the model had one head but now I think it pretty much always features two.
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #3922 on: September 16, 2021, 09:58:59 am »

I mean I kinda expected the Cathay to at least feature some terracotta soldiers I'm not alone in this right?
Love, scriver~

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3923 on: September 16, 2021, 10:07:11 am »

The giant statues in the trailer and screenshots are terracotta soldiers, though I wouldn't be surprised if in the future we'd get smaller versions as DLC.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3924 on: September 16, 2021, 10:10:22 am »

The giant statues in the trailer and screenshots are terracotta soldiers, though I wouldn't be surprised if in the future we'd get smaller versions as DLC.

Haha I was going to say "but maybe the giant guys are terracotta golems" so hey I guess I wasn't entirely wrong ;)

A Cathay-version of a Vampire Count or probably more likely Mummy Lord (I can't remember the name right now) with Terracotta soldiers would be cool too.
Love, scriver~

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #3925 on: September 16, 2021, 11:00:18 am »

Yeah the giant statues are being called Teracotta Sentinels in the marketing.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #3926 on: September 16, 2021, 07:22:51 pm »

Generally in fiction the Lord of Change is always two-headed now. Back in the day the model had one head but now I think it pretty much always features two.
Pretty sure Kairos is the only two-headed one. At least for Warhammer Fantasy. I dunno what age of Sigmar is doing
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3927 on: September 16, 2021, 07:28:53 pm »

Ah. I've seen the name in 40k before, and 40k is mostly my bag so that's what I was (silently) referencing. I'm pretty outta touch with WFH and AoS lore. But in 40k, it's a widely used image for Lords of Change.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #3928 on: September 16, 2021, 07:32:03 pm »

Ah. I've seen the name in 40k before, and 40k is mostly my bag so that's what I was (silently) referencing. I'm pretty outta touch with WFH and AoS lore. But in 40k, it's a widely used image for Lords of Change.

Same.
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3929 on: September 17, 2021, 10:15:20 am »

Pretty sure Kairos is the only two-headed one. At least for Warhammer Fantasy. I dunno what age of Sigmar is doing

Think of it. Two heads. Four oversized pauldrons.

Maybe more

Imagine
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 260 261 [262] 263 264 ... 277