Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 262 263 [264] 265 266 ... 277

Author Topic: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2! And 3!  (Read 485034 times)

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2! And 3!
« Reply #3945 on: October 15, 2021, 10:25:31 am »

I wonder if this has a knock on effect for norsca raze-monument building? It'd probably go some distance to help spread tzeench corruption if it perpetrates like that so your chaos god ally can speed along their corruption goals elsewhere in the world without the enemy they're fighting directly in the east combating it on their own turf.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #3946 on: November 04, 2021, 11:05:17 am »

Love, scriver~

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3947 on: November 04, 2021, 12:47:50 pm »

Reddit leaked gameplay trailer, detailing more units in action

(probably deliberate), much of what confirmed when corroborated with promo screenshots

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #3948 on: November 18, 2021, 10:59:06 am »

Looks like the Warhammer III marketing is firing on all cylinders now. They released a ton of stuff this week.

The leaked gameplay trailer Dorf linked got fully released, and yesterday they released this blog talking about the Ogre Kingdoms army roster, and another one talking about campaign mechanics today.

Then there's this blog post and video talking about the improvements to battles. Nothing spectacularly different, mainly QoL stuff like saving your starting battle formation in campaign, lines at 25,50,and 75% health, and an idle units hot key. Biggest changes I saw was flying units have the ability to toggle landing or not, and magic resistance is being changed to just be against spells to make magic attacks actually be a buff (although that second one has been public knowledge for awhile).

And then today there's a new trailer featuring the Nurgle and Slaanesh factions duking it out. Any Warhammer lore folks able to tell me who laughing green throne guy and giant purple crabclaw guy are?

The Slaanesh spikey chariots and Nurgle's aerial wasp cavalry look pretty neat. I'm going to have a hard time deciding which faction to play first. The marketing's doing a good job of making them all look really cool.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3949 on: November 18, 2021, 11:20:14 am »

And then today there's a new trailer featuring the Nurgle and Slaanesh factions duking it out. Any Warhammer lore folks able to tell me who laughing green throne guy and giant purple crabclaw guy are?

Most likely Ku'Gath and N'Kari.

Ku'Gath is Nurgle's favorite Great Unclean One, originally a nurgling who fell into Nurgle's most potent disease ever brewed, drank it all and turned into a GUO. Nurgle found it funny and is fine with it, but Ku'Gath feels bad for destroying Nurgle's best work and is trying to recreate it by experimenting on mortals and recording the results. He's normally carried everywhere by nurglings on a palanquin, but as with Greasus Goldtooth's gnoblar borne palanquin that probably would be too hard to animate so they've gone for a floating throne thing.

N'Kari is the strongest of the Keepers of Secrets, greatest enemy of the elves and generally kind of a dick. I think they're meant to be trapped in the vortex at the moment, but they're one of the only important KoS in the entire franchise, so it's probably them.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3950 on: November 18, 2021, 12:22:35 pm »

You can vaguely see nurglings underneath the palanquin at 2:12~2:13 in the trailer, though they are difficult to make out due to the green fog/smoke obscuring them. My guess is that they're so heavily obscured because there's some issues with the animations or way it looks. Hopefully we can see some in-game footage soon to see what is really going on with Ku'Gath.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3951 on: November 24, 2021, 10:45:40 am »

Enter the World of Nurgle Trailer

Apparently the nurglings use new technology to operate as swarms, which is why Ku'Gath has his palanquin but Greasus does not. I honestly expected the nurglings to be upscaled to goblin-size instead of what we're getting.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3952 on: November 24, 2021, 12:23:34 pm »

Enter the World of Nurgle Trailer

Apparently the nurglings use new technology to operate as swarms, which is why Ku'Gath has his palanquin but Greasus does not. I honestly expected the nurglings to be upscaled to goblin-size instead of what we're getting.

https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/302448/regarding-the-new-swarm-tech

Unfortunately looks like just animation rather than any real change in behavior for the units. It still looks amazing though.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3953 on: November 24, 2021, 12:48:41 pm »

That thread has the screenshot that everything was basing things off of. I guess he meant 'swarm technique' instead of 'swarm technology'.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #3954 on: December 05, 2021, 11:54:32 am »

I fucking hate how AI spells home in on my formations but the my spells don't follow the enemy troops even when I've targetted a unit.
Love, scriver~

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3955 on: December 06, 2021, 10:16:00 am »

It does sometimes feel like the game rubberbands by having your units pathfind way worse, and commands go through as if the whole army went like "what did he say? eh"
let

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #3956 on: January 19, 2022, 10:15:15 am »

CA just released a trailer for a Chaos Undivided LL and it looks like its a customizable LL in appearance at least.

I realized today that this game comes out in under month now.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3957 on: January 19, 2022, 10:59:12 am »

They're customizable in functionality as well. They gain glory with the various chaos gods, granting them daemonic parts to equip that grant various bonuses and abilities..

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #3958 on: January 19, 2022, 12:37:51 pm »

Watching Legend stream a Chaos Undivided campaign.

Goddamnit, I was ready to write WH3 off for a couple years. But the customizable Daemon Prince....Chaos was my faction of choice in tabletop and this is seriously tempting me.

But Elden Ring comes out the same month so it's not that hard of a choice. But the shit looks super cool.

That said...I don't like the new UI look. Everything looks very large and chunky.

And watching Legend cheese enemy ammo using Horrors with a regenerating barrier.....good lord, the disaster battles are going to take like an hour now.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2022, 12:46:55 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3959 on: January 19, 2022, 02:46:13 pm »

Give it a few more years for them to release a full trilogy special edition or maybe just put all three games and all dlc on an outrageous sale.
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.
Pages: 1 ... 262 263 [264] 265 266 ... 277