Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 263 264 [265] 266 267 ... 277

Author Topic: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2! And 3!  (Read 485061 times)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
Re: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2! And 3!
« Reply #3960 on: January 20, 2022, 09:45:36 am »

Yeah I'm in the same boat myself, the game looks good, and all the stuff they've improved/changed/added are pretty sweet looking, and some of then new faction mechanics are really nice. But I'm just not feeling the need to play on day one, I think it's that none of the factions really seem like something I'd massively enjoy, fun as they might look. Maybe it's the small rosters or the lack of lord choices, since I came into 2 fairly late so it had a massive backlog of DLC that made the game much bigger and more involved for all the factions.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #3961 on: January 20, 2022, 11:34:10 am »

TBH, I'm actually interested in the campaign in TWH3. The Vortex campaign in TW2, I couldn't care less about. Nothing about it seemed cool.

But getting to the realms of Chaos with your hand built daemon prince, honoring the gods you chose to support? That sounds like a campaign worth playing. Because that LL won't show up in ME I don't think, it's probably the only way you'll be able to play them.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3962 on: January 21, 2022, 10:28:46 am »

TBH I played 4 different campaigns in twh2, over about 250h and not once have I bothered with the eye of vortex lol what was even the point.

I'm not too hyped about chaos itself might play it one day but fine... All factions on the whole map though? I might just play a campaign as the empire once the game drops, there is still a few factions i haven't tried out yet that are kind of vanilla. It's the scale and the variety that really attract me.
let

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #3963 on: January 22, 2022, 06:47:25 pm »

TBH, I'm actually interested in the campaign in TWH3. The Vortex campaign in TW2, I couldn't care less about. Nothing about it seemed cool.

But getting to the realms of Chaos with your hand built daemon prince, honoring the gods you chose to support? That sounds like a campaign worth playing. Because that LL won't show up in ME I don't think, it's probably the only way you'll be able to play them.

Seems like CA learned the lesson with new campaign. A lot less timers and weird stuff you *HAVE* to do to win.
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3964 on: February 11, 2022, 05:02:14 pm »

oh right, this

will it release within a week? feels unreal, I wasn't overhyped but the thought makes me giddy

I'd be down to do an online campaign if someone wants to.
let

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #3965 on: February 11, 2022, 05:06:54 pm »

Yep, it releases the 17th.

I'm hoping the launch goes well. Excited to try out the new factions (thinking Khorne will be my first playthrough), and the multiplayer campaign improvements they've been discussing look neat (up to 8 players, option to have simultaneous turns, multiplayer only campaign options besides the main campaign)
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3966 on: February 11, 2022, 05:13:39 pm »

(up to 8 players, option to have simultaneous turns, multiplayer only campaign options besides the main campaign)

THEY. ACTUALLY. DID?

They wouldn't would they? Fuck yeeeaaaaassssssssss.
let

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #3967 on: February 11, 2022, 06:01:31 pm »

Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Empty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3968 on: February 11, 2022, 06:56:02 pm »

I wonder if they improved the strategic or battle ai.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3969 on: February 11, 2022, 07:10:28 pm »

heh the same reason why 2 got a negative review from me on steam... i love the content but what i can only describe as unfair pathfinding rubberbanding was enfuriating and felt too much like all of the old titles - but that could be forgiven with these kinds of multiplayer functionalities and innovation (from the perspective of me leaving a good review, it could definitly need some work ai wise)
let

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3970 on: February 13, 2022, 01:47:20 pm »

The way they're doing co-op campaign is pretty neat too, not sure if this was the case in previous games, but this time around pretty much everyone participates in every fight. If it's a battle between two players everyone can choose a side and then the folks that control the factions in the fight can assign units to people that side with them so you can have a fun romp that way. Similarly if it's a fight against AI anyone can just take control of the faction and then do the same sharing of units with others on their team. Can lead to some easy exploiting of AI factions but it's a minor thing for how cool the whole thing is for multiplayer.

Also really liking the extra stuff they've tossed in without telling anyone about it, sure most of it has been discovered by folks with EA by now but it's nice to now that they've put in all this extra effort for no extra cost, stuff that could've easily been portioned off into DLC packs.

Still not sure if I'll be getting it on release tho :V
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #3971 on: February 13, 2022, 02:04:11 pm »

I've played several multiplayer campaigns in Warhammer 2 with a friend, and gifting units to your friend is something that's always been possible, but 3's UI is a bit clearer about it and there's QoL stuff like being able to just click a button to take those units back that's nice.

In 2 there's the option for playing coop or head2head in multiplayer campaign, and it sounds like with 3 its one mode that can be either/or, which is definitely an improvement imo, since sometimes you want to team up, and then fight at the end or something. The expansion to 8 players also opens up more options since it was just 2 players in the previous game. Although I only have two friends I play Warhammer 2 with, so I'm eyeing up that Kislev campaign that's a bite size three player experience.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2022, 02:12:36 pm by Persus13 »
Sigtext

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
let

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #3973 on: February 18, 2022, 01:22:53 pm »

Game is out now, the prologue campaign is pretty neat, although I wish there was a "Yes, I've played a total war game before, I want to see the story" setting for the prologue.

Since I finished the prologue I've been rampaging around as Exiles of Khorne. Running around the world razing everything is pretty fun, and I'm enjoying the incentives to constantly be razing settlements, fighting battles, and having no regard for the safety of my Blood Host armies. No archers or magic can occasionally be a little bit of a drag, but stuff like the army abilities on the battlemap make up for it once you research certain techs.

My main complaint about the game at this point is that selecting stuff on the campaign map can be a bit finnicky. I've occasionally sent an army behind an enemy instead of attacking it, or selected a settlement behind an army instead of the army. There's also a ton of UI QoL improvements, but occasionally there's some changes that I don't see the benefit of, like the esc menu.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2022, 01:25:27 pm by Persus13 »
Sigtext

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3974 on: February 18, 2022, 05:50:59 pm »

I played the prologue too, story was fine and it made me want to play kislev.

This campaign... ugh idk... so much spam. Takes me 6 turns to hunt down annoyances that keep trolling me, in the meantime I'm issued 3 new missions, and offered I don't know how many trade agreements, defensive alliances, and military access etc. I played what, 30 turns. I feel like I'm in way too deep, sheesh calm the fuck down game.

I have 10 missions outstanding, allies stretching each way to the horizon, built and outpost that I don't know what it's for, and now my main army is in the chaos and I'm allready kind of annoyed at watching the mapcamera travel a lot while I click through my spam at the start of each turn.
let
Pages: 1 ... 263 264 [265] 266 267 ... 277