Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 277

Author Topic: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2! And 3!  (Read 481001 times)

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
Re: Total War: Warhammer!
« Reply #60 on: April 22, 2015, 01:24:17 pm »

Mother of whore. If they are doing content packs instead of fucking developing each faction before they release like SHOULD be done, i'm honestly going to kill someone at Creative Assembly.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Flying Carcass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 22, 2015, 01:25:53 pm »

Waaaaagh!

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 22, 2015, 01:59:53 pm »

Obviously, it means I should wait till they release the next total war game, cause they'll probably put all the dlc together in one package by then.  Plus modding community would have its time to work at it.

... How is Rome 2 now?
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 22, 2015, 02:24:57 pm »

Obviously, it means I should wait till they release the next total war game, cause they'll probably put all the dlc together in one package by then.  Plus modding community would have its time to work at it.

... How is Rome 2 now?

Depends on who you ask. I find it very good and solid, espec. after Emperor Edition. And then there are people who think it's the worst thing since Vesuvius erupted. I'll note I never encountered many bugs, even at launch, so my experience has been 'good enough->better and better'. It's not the best TW, but it's not a smoking ruin either.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ˇNo parmesan!

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 22, 2015, 02:36:48 pm »

I always appreciate a classical reference in my games analysis.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 22, 2015, 03:24:57 pm »

Will have as many or more DLC than Rome 2/Attila. Also factions aren't going to be developed with unique units, until they release DLC post release. Better to wait for an all in one pack instead of buying each DLC they throw up.
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 22, 2015, 03:29:44 pm »

Will have as many or more DLC than Rome 2/Attila. Also factions aren't going to be developed with unique units, until they release DLC post release. Better to wait for an all in one pack instead of buying each DLC they throw up.

I find it digusting now that company sells game and faction seperatly, i mean... how long before they sell the jumping ability as dlc in a platforming game? Come on now...

Speaking of wich makes me think of this game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSzKqgExLYE

Its a bit satyre i think the good word would be? But hell we are not that far....
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 22, 2015, 06:23:02 pm »

I'll buy this, because even if it's broken on release, it will get patched eventually. It will also get modded to high heaven, making it a worthwhile investment for replay and longevity value.

Plus, it'll have Orcs and Goblins in it from the start, which means I won't necessarily need any DLC unless it's truly worth it to be able to enjoy the game from the start.

It'll be interesting to see what they do with magic. Will it be battle only, or will there be magic usable on the strategic map, ala MoM as well? Toned down from MoM levels of course, since it's not a game completely based on magical shennanigans, but some strategic level spells will hopefully be available for all the magic type. I'm really hoping so anyway, as it was something lacking in WHFB. It always suprised me that there wasn't a pre-or-during setup magic phase or something on the tabletop version. Hopefully with an actual strategic layer to the game in TW:WH (even the acronym is weird to type), magic can be shown in ways that it hasn't really been shown to function in the game mechanics before. In lore and stories, yes, but never really in a game AFAIK.

Oh, and I can't wait for the sound effects of the 'shroomed up little goblin Doom Divers as they go sailing all over the place. Wheeeeeeee........ SPLAT!
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 06:32:00 pm by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 23, 2015, 12:45:58 am »

There's some other things that articles are mentioning about the trailer; Giants are seen in the Orc army (First pull back of orc army, lower right corner), Arachnarok spiders are shown which belong to forest goblins, Mannfred is the vampire (you can tell by the sickle sword), Karl Franz on the griffon Deathclaw.

(I did notice a funny thing that when the empire knights are charging, they all have their lances up rather than bracing.)

Personally the wizard guy reminds me a bit of Tchar'zanek from Warhammer online. I'll admit it's mostly because he's blue but the staff slam on the ground is similar to the intro movie to Warhammer Online. Could also be it might've been the same company making the video and they like using such acts.

This is assuming that the rights for the characters created in Warhammer Online went to Games Workshop when Mythic closed down.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 23, 2015, 01:12:16 am »

Warhamster has so strong brand recognition that people will buy this in droves even if it is a pile of steaming orcshit. Still, I hope it will be a good game, but as always nowadays with CA, I'll wait for some sort of gold edition and/or discount since they milk shamelessly with DLCs. I really hope there is actually something new and innovative in the game and not just reskinning Rome 2. Like actually building magic in the strategic options.

Stuebi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 23, 2015, 01:22:54 am »

I can GUARANTEE that there will be the usual Faction and Unit DLC. However, the Trailer at least shows both Orcs and Chaos which makes me think that those will be in the initial roster. So that's two of my favorite factions allready in the game (hopefully). Worst case, I'll have to buy Skaven and Dark Elves later as DLC.

BTW, how do you guys think the factions will work? Personally, I'm gonna guess they will go with something similiar like ROME 2. So you have different Factions with subgroups. The question now is how will they seperate them?

I'm curious if we're gonna have "Greenskins" as a whole, or if they're gonna split up Goblins and Orcs. Similiarly, I wonder if they will split Chaos by the respective god. There are some seriously big possiblities for awesome Coop-Campaigns here.

Also, anyone remember Mark of Chaos for PC?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
English isnt my mother language, so feel free to correct me if I make a mistake in my post.

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 23, 2015, 01:42:09 am »

I wouldn't be surprised if Chaos was in only as off-map threat or the like that can't actually be played. Then later DLC, priced "reasonably", could make it playable. Elves, Bretonnia and Skaven are obvious DLC material too.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 23, 2015, 01:56:33 am »

I agree that the sub factions thing will be around. It would work well for the Empire with Altdorf, Ostland, Talabecland, Stirland and so on and so on. The dwarf section of the trailer looked like it was underground so I would guess they will have underground areas. The night goblins are underground as well but they don't use spiders and it was forest goblins that were shown.

There did seem to be a clear divide between the orc and goblin armies.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 23, 2015, 02:04:10 am »

It would be interesting to have the Empire as a network of alliances/vassalages instead of an unified entity. So each of the counties would be a faction on their own subjugated to the Emperor. It would allow specific counties to fall to heresy, civil wars etc.

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 23, 2015, 02:13:36 am »

I really, really hope that they'll probably include all the ones mentioned in the trailer (men, dwarves, orcs, undead, chaos) - it'll seem a bit disingenuous if they don't. I'd imagine skaven and elves will be the DLC packs, as I doubt any other races are popular enough to warrant being DLC.
With enough work and polish, it could have been a forgettable flash game on Kongregate.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 277