Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 277

Author Topic: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2! And 3!  (Read 481003 times)

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Total War: Warhammer!
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2015, 12:54:38 pm »

Ah darn, was hoping for screenshots and video and stuff. Oh well, PTW.
Rumour is full announcement later this month.

Bastus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2015, 01:43:24 pm »

Aren't Skaven cities something that is possbile by the WH lore? I always thought they started out in somekind of Babel like city, if not I am sorry I don't play Warhammer I just like the lore.
The biggest problem will probably be some kind of balance and how they are going to handle the more nomadic races, as I have to admit it would suck if you would't be able to form an empire wuth them cause the game says you can't.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2015, 01:56:52 pm »

I don't play the tabletop anymore, just too prohibitively expensive and GW are not helping. But this excites me so much. However, if I can't play Skaven, and I can't name/customize my heroes/lords, there will be hell to pay. That is  all.
Also, if my warp-lightning cannons DON'T spin around randomly sometimes and decimate my lines, I'll be highly disappointing. (misfires are WHY I played Skaven).

Just imagine the advisor comments for the Skaven (and Chaos, and Orcs, and...)! Shameful displays and lily-livered cowards ain't got nothing on rat-men screaming about exploding warpstone.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2015, 01:58:18 pm »

I don't play the tabletop anymore, just too prohibitively expensive and GW are not helping. But this excites me so much. However, if I can't play Skaven, and I can't name/customize my heroes/lords, there will be hell to pay. That is  all.
Also, if my warp-lightning cannons DON'T spin around randomly sometimes and decimate my lines, I'll be highly disappointing. (misfires are WHY I played Skaven).

Just imagine the advisor comments for the Skaven (and Chaos, and Orcs, and...)! Shameful displays and lily-livered cowards ain't got nothing on rat-men screaming about exploding warpstone.
I can't wait to hear pre-battle speeches.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2015, 01:59:15 pm »

o.o Fan of Total War.  Think I could be a fan of Warhammer.  Will check it out if money/time/moons align.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Flying Carcass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2015, 02:27:49 pm »

I have a feeling the existing Warhammer mods for various Total War games are about to get shut down hard.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2015, 02:39:56 pm »

I'm hoping for a functional necromancy system.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2015, 03:06:21 pm »

Aren't Skaven cities something that is possbile by the WH lore?

Oh, yeah, totally.  They are just underneath all the cities of Man.

They have cities and travel networks under the entire world, just like Drow or something like that.  Humans cant really interact with it, there is not really any such thing as an "invasion".

I'm not sure what excuses they come up with to field skaven armies in the wargame, but there isn't a whole lot of reason for them to wage wars for territory in the above world.  They are interested in taking slaves, stealing food, and seeking out warpstone.  Aside from that, I think they could kind of not give a f--- about the surface world.

You could totally have a skaven-vs-skaven campaign.  But if the focus of the game is in the overworld, do you really think they'd draw a second world map for this?  And have it be largely irrelevant to the other factions? Maybe it would be an expansion?

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2015, 03:12:42 pm »

I was excited, then I realized this isn't 40K.  Shame...

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2015, 03:22:58 pm »

I was excited, then I realized this isn't 40K.  Shame...
Same, echoing my search for a 40k mod.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2015, 03:53:43 pm »

Certainly bummed it is not 40k as well...but very happy to see them try something new! While it would not be "bad" for them to remake Medieval or whatever one again...I have been hoping they would expand it to another universe (e.g. Game of Thrones, Lord of The Rings, Warhammer) so I am happy to see this

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2015, 04:04:19 pm »

Yeah, it's true that this is a good opportunity to expand on the formula some, what with differing races and such. Hope they do well with it (unlike certain other titles).

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2015, 04:11:59 pm »

Looks like this is just the thing to get me to start playing something in the TW series.

That said, g'damn GWS. Carpet bombing their licensing lately. This is like...the 7th GWS title in as many months.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2015, 04:32:12 pm »

If even one of them really hits the mark I'm happy. Here's hoping.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2015, 04:37:15 pm »

Well, there is the comfort that this is a Total War game. It's not like it's one of those cash-in mobile titles, or anything.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 277