Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 277

Author Topic: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2! And 3!  (Read 480946 times)

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
Re: Total War: Warhammer! It's out!
« Reply #1260 on: July 26, 2016, 10:37:58 am »

Patch 2.0 notes are up. This will be applied to the game on the 28th, I assume alongside the release of the "Call of the Beastmen" DLC. This here link will go to the patch notes.

Some things of note in the list:

Units with siege attacker trait will allow that army to attack a walled city without having to build siege equipment. So, for example, you can use minotaurs to batter down gates rather than build a battering ram.

Four new custom and multiplayer maps, as well as Sarthorael the Everwatcher (Lord of Change) available as choosable lord for custom battles.

Lords and Heroes in custom and multiplayer battles can now have their skills, spells and items modified before a battle. Point costs will go up alongside the things added. This is very nice for specific army builds.

Sigvald will no longer bleed when the Blood Effects are enabled. An extremely important change. Sigvalds splendor shall survive swirling sanguinary soirées stupendously smear shorn.

Fixed a bug where enemy units would remain hidden until around 10m away. Very good, this was something I had come across a few times.

Fixed a bug where explosion damage was not being applied to all entities. This might help some spells and artillary which seemed a bit underwhelming.

Unit markers in battle (e.g. when dragging formations) are now visible on top of passable shallow water.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 10:42:03 am by Mech#4 »
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: July 26, 2016, 05:20:44 pm »

Dwarves got buffs across the board- humans got nerfed in places.
Chosen are even better now.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: July 26, 2016, 09:48:39 pm »

Its funny all the complaining about DLC for Warhammer

But if I complain about Crusader Kings 2 and Europa Universalis 4 DLC then I get hated on? They have far worse DLC whoring than Total War ever has.

That happens on Steam, Reddit and facebook. A bunch of people who hate Total War DLC practices but yell and troll me if I complain about Ck2 and EU4 dlc lol
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: July 26, 2016, 09:54:43 pm »

CoH is a contender
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: July 26, 2016, 10:46:19 pm »

Is it DLC whoring if the DLC is good, though?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: July 26, 2016, 10:48:07 pm »

Everyone knows CK2 is a massive slut, but people don't really care at this point because... everyone knows it, it's never going to change, and the sex is generally pretty good.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: July 27, 2016, 12:40:26 am »

The reason Crusader Kings 2 gets away with it is what I will call the "Koei Effect"

Koei makes the same games over and over and over again with little or no actual change... BUT their fanbase are primarily people who do not want their games to change at all.

Crusader Kings 2 is a huge DLC Whore but it is marketed almost exclusively towards people who want to throw their wallets at the game until their bank accounts hemorrhage to death.

As well Crusader Kings 2 didn't come out with huge gaps and emptiness for future expansions to slot themselves into... sort of...

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: July 27, 2016, 01:51:53 am »

I find it kinda interesting that the monsters summoned by both the lore of beasts and lore of the wilds are limited to your unit cap on the battlefield at 20 units.

However, you can summon zombies until you use up all 40 of the unit slots.

I can understand that the monsters not remaining at the end of the battle being a balance thing... but why exactly can't I summon a Manticore at the start if I wanted? You might argue it's not fair that the Amber gets to be two units for the price of one... but there's not really THAT much of a difference between me summoning a Manticore at the start and me summoning a Manticore somewhere in the middle or end of the battle. And I think in that video he couldn't even do that if he wanted to as it cost too much winds of magic (I might be misremembering this part).

Sure, if I was allowed to summon it whenever you'd have to be on guard of my Manticore throughout the battle, but is it really that different from being on guard of the Amber Wizard for the entire fight to begin with? And it's also not like you can summon lots of them if you could do it straight from the start... as the cap is one.

I just find it a bit gamey and jarring that we're limited like that.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: July 27, 2016, 02:11:12 am »

I don't think you can summon more zombies/skeletons (You get skeletons if you overcharge the spell) if your army is at 20 units or above during a battle. The same as the coming Cygor spell, you can only cast it if your army has less than 20 units.

Addition: I did just check in a custom battle. You cannot summon more zombies/skeletons if your army is at the full size of 20 units. If you have a supporting army you can have up to 40 units but again, you can't summon more units until you have less than 20. If the extra army is A.I. controlled than I would assume you can summon more units if your army numbers drop below 20.

If you start off with 20 units, but lose some during combat, than you can cast the spell.

I do not know if the Cygor and manticore remain in your army after the battle is over. The Cygor may because it's a recruitable unit for the Beastmen (the only faction that can use the Lore of the Wilds) but the manticore isn't a recruitable unit for the Empire or Beastmen so it might not remain.

The summon manticore spell is kind of changed from the tabletop where it's supposed to transform the caster into various monsterous creatures (Manticore, Dragon, Hydra etc) but considering that would require a large amount of modelling and animation for a single spell I can accept the change.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: July 27, 2016, 02:32:01 am »

1v1 campaign battle vs a garrison I just did.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: July 27, 2016, 02:40:08 am »

I see those hexenplebs.

20 zombies. Swarm the walls. Swarm the point. Die in droves.
More casualties means a better raise dead pool.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: July 27, 2016, 02:52:33 am »

@umiman: Now this is odd. I tried a custom battle as I said and I wasn't able to summon more units since I had an army of 20. However, trying a campaign map battle I could summon two more zombie units even though my army was at 20.

I didn't keep the new units after battle though. The tooltip for the spell does state you can't use it if "army is full" so perhaps it's an oversight? They are just zombies/skeletons though and the spell only has two casts each battle so unless you fielded a large number of necromancers and had a large magic pool you wouldn't be able to get more than maybe ~5 extra units.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: July 27, 2016, 02:58:04 am »

@umiman: Now this is odd. I tried a custom battle as I said and I wasn't able to summon more units since I had an army of 20. However, trying a campaign map battle I could summon two more zombie units even though my army was at 20.

I didn't keep the new units after battle though. The tooltip for the spell does state you can't use it if "army is full" so perhaps it's an oversight? They are just zombies/skeletons though and the spell only has two casts each battle so unless you fielded a large number of necromancers and had a large magic pool you wouldn't be able to get more than maybe ~5 extra units.
It's probably limited in customs as people with garbage tier computers would have trouble due to the large amount of units if you had to fight them in multiplayer. You know, those guys that have to disable large armies.

If you get mods for spells that remove the unit cap for zombies, you can summon an extra 20 zombies in campaign. The reason I was so confident and familiar with this ability to summon more than your unit cap of zombies is because my predominant VC tactic is having 22 units. I used those extra zombies to the limit. Frigging used them for everything.

But in all the previews for the incoming DLC, they specifically state you can't summon more monsters if you have 20, which is what I find very odd. Maybe they're just referencing custom battles and MP as well.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: July 27, 2016, 03:05:15 am »

I feel like I wasn't able to summon more zombies when the game first released, but I cannot find any mentions of it in the patch notes ( The only things to do with Raise Dead are summon direction arrows and such).

I would think it's limited in multiplayer to prevent over use, though the next patch is going to limit heroes to 4 in multiplayer so even then you would only be able to summon 8 more zombies if you had the magic to use all casts.

Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 277