Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 277

Author Topic: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2! And 3!  (Read 485084 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: Total War: Warhammer! It's out!
« Reply #1845 on: March 13, 2017, 02:01:54 pm »

At least they don't have regiments of renown?
*twitch*

-----------

Incidentally, I never really realized just HOW much damage Welfs do until now. They just melt all my knights and infantry like butter, which is kinda why I have so much trouble with them. I take so many casualties no matter what I bring. Even my fully maxed out Leonceour can't handle more than 1 minute of getting bashed on by them. And this is a guy who can pretty much solokill the entire Norscan wastes.

I was particularly amused when Durthu basically killed the Green Knight in a few hits. Man, that guy cannot handle magical damage at all.
Mayhaps you could use peasant mobs as fodder? Elves don't have a lot of ammo.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1846 on: March 13, 2017, 02:25:04 pm »

At least they don't have regiments of renown?
*twitch*

-----------

Incidentally, I never really realized just HOW much damage Welfs do until now. They just melt all my knights and infantry like butter, which is kinda why I have so much trouble with them. I take so many casualties no matter what I bring. Even my fully maxed out Leonceour can't handle more than 1 minute of getting bashed on by them. And this is a guy who can pretty much solokill the entire Norscan wastes.

I was particularly amused when Durthu basically killed the Green Knight in a few hits. Man, that guy cannot handle magical damage at all.
Mayhaps you could use peasant mobs as fodder? Elves don't have a lot of ammo.
Are you telling me to sacrifice the lives of my poor, innocent peasants on a pointless crusade against some pointy-eared folks?

How dare you.

How dare you assume I didn't already do this.

I only have the World Tree left anyway. This is just post-problem complaining.

---------

Interestingly enough, I kinda want to try this challenge with the other races just to see who could do it the best.

I think the VC could handle it really well, as they have the fastest moving units who can easily deal with those archers (dire wolves and bats). Not to mention Blood Knights would completely obliterate all the tree units. And they wouldn't give a shit about losing units as they can straight up resummon them inside the forest itself.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1847 on: March 13, 2017, 02:43:24 pm »

Dwarves work well. Just sit there and wait, taking the incoming fire, until they run out of ammo. You can take it. They can barely hurt a good line of Ironbreakers.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1848 on: March 13, 2017, 02:49:06 pm »

Dwarves work well. Just sit there and wait, taking the incoming fire, until they run out of ammo. You can take it. They can barely hurt a good line of Ironbreakers.
Also: firedrakes burn them trees good.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1849 on: March 13, 2017, 04:06:49 pm »

Note that whilst battle pilgrims have better stats in almost every way, Swordsmen-at-arms (besides being cheaper) have the beautiful silver shield instead of the terrible bronze one. (33% - 50%?)

Which makes arrows hurt less maybe.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1850 on: March 14, 2017, 01:53:02 am »

Elves are one of the few armies where I've never felt more incompetent on either side of the army. When fighting against WElves, I'd invariably get better results auto-resolving than fighting the battles... and that's when playing as the Undead, where auto-resolve normally screws me compared to my actual battle effectiveness (Raise Dead is one heck of a drug). When playing as WElves, though... well, let's just say that the first battle of the WElf mini-campaign is Orion's starting stack versus a Beastman stack where auto-resolve is over 90% in your favour. I got utterly trounced the two times I played it, the first time getting my Wild Riders savaged in a map that was 100% forest, the second time letting Centigors charge into my vanguard archers while their infantry held my Wild Riders off their archers. Third time I finally managed to get my shot-and-pike skills back and route the beasts... but I still didn't do any better than auto-resolve, and I would've suffered heavy casualties if the Beastmen had a bit more leadership.

I dunno... after tons of Undead campaign work and a bit of Bretonnian action, it's gonna take some work to switch to an army with fragile tarpits and a hybrid leader that loses in melee to a generic Beastman lord!

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1851 on: March 14, 2017, 02:05:03 am »

If you want to play a melee monster, try Durthu instead. Nothing can beat him. Most of the treekin units are pretty tough too.

Did they fix Elves never getting any followers, tho?

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1852 on: March 14, 2017, 04:47:26 am »

Not in the last patch. I don't know whether it's a bug causing them not to be added (as I believe I have gotten a banner) or there isn't any followers listed in the game files for Wood Elves at all.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1853 on: March 14, 2017, 05:12:37 am »

That seems weird and incomplete. I think I saw CA acknowledge it as a bug ages ago.

RexMundi

• Bay Watcher
  • New and Improved!
    • View Profile
    • Steam profile
« Reply #1854 on: March 14, 2017, 11:22:20 pm »

Asking if anyone here has an extra copy, say through the humble monthly? I'm looking to trade something for one before shelling out full price to buy my own copy after I gifted mine to my brother

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1855 on: March 15, 2017, 06:19:32 am »

Asking if anyone here has an extra copy, say through the humble monthly? I'm looking to trade something for one before shelling out full price to buy my own copy after I gifted mine to my brother

It's rather doubtful anyone would here. I guess you could try Reddit where you might have better luck, but otherwise I'm guessing it might go on sale in the June sales.
With enough work and polish, it could have been a forgettable flash game on Kongregate.

RexMundi

• Bay Watcher
  • New and Improved!
    • View Profile
    • Steam profile
« Reply #1856 on: March 15, 2017, 12:24:27 pm »

Yeah, that's what I'm looking at. I can survive family share until next sale though. What are people's thoughts on mods for the game?

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1857 on: March 15, 2017, 12:49:48 pm »

Yeah, that's what I'm looking at. I can survive family share until next sale though. What are people's thoughts on mods for the game?

Read back a few pages and I've asked the same question and got some good answers. Extended home region movement and extra skill points are a must, as is turning off regiments of renown if you don't have the DLC that allows for them.
With enough work and polish, it could have been a forgettable flash game on Kongregate.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1858 on: March 15, 2017, 01:31:51 pm »

Go to the workshop page, sort for most popular, select those that sound good.

---

Apparently there's one more FLC coming for Warhammer: Total War: Old World Edition.

The An Old Friend hasn't been released yet, or so the rumour goes. Some are saying it's likely to be Boris Todbringer as his model is already in the game.

I hope it's Mousillon myself, but I think the TW team have left that faction and the Southern Realms for modders.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1859 on: March 16, 2017, 01:45:45 am »

I'm going a little farther out on a limb and hoping for Krell. Kemmler needs a little something to give him a boost - he's absolutely _dreadful_ as a legendary lord, heck he's pretty bad compared to the _generic_ VC lords, and he's quietly weeping in a corner now that Gelt got a notable boost in the last patch (general buffs to Lore of Metal plus Gelt gives a faction-wide +10 armour bonus now). Having Krell in the pipe would explain why Kemmler hasn't gotten any buffs, and there's now precedence with the Green Knight to have Legendary Heroes available.

On the flip side, people would understandably complain if the VC got yet another unique character when the Empire is sitting at 3 legendary lords and 1 start position, so... maybe it'll be Boris after all.
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 277