Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 190 191 [192] 193 194 ... 277

Author Topic: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2! And 3!  (Read 491615 times)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
Re: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2!
« Reply #2865 on: October 12, 2017, 10:22:25 pm »

Okay, I finally understand what you guys were talking about.

Right, you made me think my ritual RNG spawned horde of Skaven was a plot thing. You guys thought I was referring to the event when you complete the rituals. Cause you guys seriously made me unprepared for the ACTUAL end game shit you were referring to. I actually moved all my stacks out of Naggarond after dealing with all fucking eight skaven stacks only to see...

ffs...

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2866 on: October 12, 2017, 10:38:32 pm »

I don't get it. Eight more?
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2867 on: October 12, 2017, 10:49:16 pm »

I don't get it. Eight more?
Only 6 this time. The ones that come after the cutscene. I presume there's going to be even more after this too, as the final ritual is still only halfway done.

The problem is I thought the end game stack was done with since you guys were saying it was a scripted event, so I have nothing in Naggarond right now. This is quite problematic.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2868 on: October 13, 2017, 01:25:09 am »

Ah. Yeah, one set at 20, one set at 10.
Sorry if you were misled.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2869 on: October 15, 2017, 05:06:55 am »

So after finishing the campaign, I'm left wondering...

Wasn't the intent of the rituals to make the game faster for campaign players if they didn't want to paint the map? The length seems kinda the same to me.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2870 on: October 15, 2017, 10:15:24 am »

I think the main purpose of the vortex campaign was to provide something for the player to do all the way to the end. In most previous Total War games, where the goal was domination, games got to a point where it was mostly rolling over other factions because either your got really strong or most of the enemies got weakened to the point of not providing much of a challenge.

I have found my campaign games lasting longer than Warhammer 1. In the first one I tended to stop my games around turn 100 or when Chaos invaded since the Empire would be destroyed, the Greenskins would be beaten by the Dwarfs and Bretonnia razed by Beastmen. I'm sure this type of stuff will still happen in Warhammer 2 (I haven't played enough to notice any real patterns, one game Lizardmen were beating Dark Elves, another Pestilens is invading Ulthuan, Naggaroth and Araby) but the Ritual system allows a faction to still have some impact even if they've not expanded much due to interventions or completing rituals.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2871 on: October 15, 2017, 02:27:25 pm »

I like how more dynamic the results seem in this game - I'm in my second campaign so far playing as The Last Defenders, most Norsca factions were destroyed, the Skaven have only two settlements left, and the Dark Elves and High Elves are both very strong; while in my first campaign as High elves the Norsca gave a serious beating to both High ad Dark elves, and the skaven dominated the southlands throughout the game. Compared to the first game were the results were mostly the same every time  (Empire destroyed, Dwarves strongest, Brettonia destroyed by either the Elves or Beastmen ) I think it is an improvement.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2872 on: October 15, 2017, 05:29:53 pm »

By the way, someone (the guy behind the fancy settlement battle maps mod) worked out what the combined Mortal Empires campaign map will look like based off data mining current assets and what CA has said.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Basically they chopped off the entire bottom 30% of the second map and the left hand bit.

The world looks really squished too. Oh well.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2873 on: October 17, 2017, 07:01:48 am »

Man, I'm having fun with my Lizzies campaign. Ran underprepared into my second ritual - I had my one solid army in the area in that strategically placed mountain pass settlement in the end of the Southlands (Golden Tower, I think) with three Chaos armies charging in from the north. Thankfully, the battle map was a river crossing chokepoint - my first defense against two of the three was an absolute bloodbath, but it was nothing compared to the second with depleted troops against their remnants and the third full Chaos army. It devolved into a chaos of desperate flanking, trying to free units to act, last-chance rallies and routs, with both sides reduced to bloody, wavering handfuls by the end. Most of them berzerk on my side, too. My roommate came to check on me due to all my cheering and cursing.

I may have gotten a Pyrrhic Victory out of it, but goddamn it felt like a Heroic one. Now to take revenge on those High Elf bastards who sent an intervention to burn down one of my cities...
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2874 on: October 17, 2017, 08:40:57 am »

Oh man, when your roommate has to come and check in on you, you know it's a good fight.

Still farming achievements, this time High Elves. Found trying for it post-game legendary to be pretty taxing, so started a new one on Easy and boy does it feel different.

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #2875 on: October 17, 2017, 10:26:12 am »

There is that annoying bug where fighting/pursuing troops forget their orders and just stand still, doing nothing. Playing as high elves it didn't matter because with ranged army one hardly notices. Now that I started playing lizzies, it is utter shit. Especially against Skaven that break easily, troops I send to pursue then just forget pursuit and the rats regroup.

Anyone know if there are mods fixing this? I presume no. CA isn't interested in fixing it before the Mortal Empires patch. Which is pretty shitty. It has killed my interest in the game.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2876 on: October 17, 2017, 10:44:57 am »

I've found pursuing Skaven is not usually worth it as the Lizzies. They regroup so quickly and will likely outnumber you, so any pursuers will just get isolated and swarmed by a ton of rallying rats. Better to just stay on the defensive and let them break themselves on you for good.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2877 on: October 17, 2017, 11:19:51 am »

Some news on the Mortal Empires campaign front. It's scheduled to be released on the 26th of October, along with the patch and the Blood and Gore DLC/activation.

The units not pursuing enemies has been noted by Creative Assembly and I believe will be fixed in the patch next week.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2878 on: October 17, 2017, 12:16:15 pm »

There is that annoying bug where fighting/pursuing troops forget their orders and just stand still, doing nothing. Playing as high elves it didn't matter because with ranged army one hardly notices. Now that I started playing lizzies, it is utter shit. Especially against Skaven that break easily, troops I send to pursue then just forget pursuit and the rats regroup.

Anyone know if there are mods fixing this? I presume no. CA isn't interested in fixing it before the Mortal Empires patch. Which is pretty shitty. It has killed my interest in the game.
There isn't a single Lizardman unit that can pursue Skaven troops. They're not fast enough.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2879 on: October 17, 2017, 12:36:53 pm »

Especially depleted and fleeing.
Them stacking buffs tho.

Edit: Double edged sword makes it damned annoying trying to chase down enemy routers using healthy, eager forces.
So darned slow in the worst situation
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 12:38:30 pm by Tack »
Pages: 1 ... 190 191 [192] 193 194 ... 277