Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 237 238 [239] 240 241 ... 277

Author Topic: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2! And 3!  (Read 480943 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2!
« Reply #3570 on: April 04, 2019, 12:40:06 pm »

I loved the trailer, so like Predator. I'm glad the Rattling Guns and Jezzails are both two manned weapons. ::Looks at Steam images:: and the Jezzail shields have the horned rat heads on them! So great.

The Doomflayer is a nice suprise, I was expecting the Poisonwind Mortar more than that. The Salamanders look cool also and I like the Ripperdactyls. It also looks like there's skinks with great weapons in one of the images on Steam.

Image 1
Image 2
Image 3
Image 4
I was expecting Stormfiends instead of the Doom-Flayer.

EDIT: Oh wow, the Barrow Legion mod is out. I was expecting it for a long time.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2019, 12:43:12 pm by Teneb »
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3571 on: April 05, 2019, 05:18:30 am »

Looking over the rest of the things coming:

I like the sound of the Skaven Underempire mechanic. It seems like Creative Assembly have a way to make them feasable while not being too easy to remove using heroes. Something I was thinking would be an issue was either making them permanent, thus no way to deal with corruption, or be removable by a hero but that would risk having them removed the turn after you colonise one.
Having it so the undercity is hidden but risks being noticed more as it grows is a nice way to implement it, with the option of using heroes to investigate.

I wasn't expecting Lord Kroak to make an appearance. He's a legendary hero which seems a bit odd to me but I suppose he's not really in a position to lead armies, what with being dead and all.

The overhaul for Bretonnia seems quite good. I must admit I haven't played Bretonnia since Warhammer 1. The change to the vow system seems good though we'll have to see how the A.I. handles it (one of the issues I've seen often is the A.I. building armies of peasants without focusing as strongly on cavalry as it should for Bretonnia).
I suspect some of the new technologies are going to be crusades being called against the newer factions.
Peasant mobs having free upkeep unless you have over the cap is nice, and I like the change to the Green Knight mechanic. I would always hold off on summoning him because there was limited charges.

The Forbidden Workshop mechanic for Ikit Claw sounds interesting as well. It seems like it's going to give a mixture of unit stat buffs, followers/ancillaries and different regiments of renown.
The Doomrockets sound neat, though I already get quite a headache from the Skavens warpbomb ability. Another way to lose groups of units sounds like it would make Skaven more annoying to fight against.

The Doomsphere reminds me of back during the Storm of Chaos Warhammer Fantasy campaign when a member of the Underempire Skaven forum wrote up a story for the campaign about the "Doom Hemisphere", a giant bomb built by the Skaven under Middenheim to blow the city up. In the end the Doom Hemisphere only half exploded, warping the tunnels under the city and laying dorment, waiting to be discovered again.

Something from the trailer I really like is how it seems the Doomflayers sound like lawnmowers.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3572 on: April 05, 2019, 06:25:51 am »

The Bretonnia changes do sound really good - I also felt that the Green Knight was a bit of a rubbish super power; it seemed too limited and I never knew when I was using it best. I also like the Undercity idea, just as long as it isn't a 'each turn the enemy has a x% chance to discover it' - it sounds like it might be, and that always feels a bit cheap somehow. 

I just wish there was a better way to play a smaller WH2 game with the WH1 factions - The mortal empire turn time just takes ages late game (even with mods and a good SSD).  I tried the faction unlocker Mod and whilst it worked well, it felt like you were a bit excluded compared to the rest of what was going on. Not sure what the solution would be, but it'd be good if they implemented a smaller campaign for each faction in WH2, with a small quest line (no need for the fixed battles etc.) and some broader goals.
With enough work and polish, it could have been a forgettable flash game on Kongregate.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3573 on: April 05, 2019, 07:43:48 am »

The Bretonnia changes do sound really good - I also felt that the Green Knight was a bit of a rubbish super power; it seemed too limited and I never knew when I was using it best. I also like the Undercity idea, just as long as it isn't a 'each turn the enemy has a x% chance to discover it' - it sounds like it might be, and that always feels a bit cheap somehow. 

I just wish there was a better way to play a smaller WH2 game with the WH1 factions - The mortal empire turn time just takes ages late game (even with mods and a good SSD).  I tried the faction unlocker Mod and whilst it worked well, it felt like you were a bit excluded compared to the rest of what was going on. Not sure what the solution would be, but it'd be good if they implemented a smaller campaign for each faction in WH2, with a small quest line (no need for the fixed battles etc.) and some broader goals.
It's not a X% chance each turn apparently, but a X%¨chance each time you make some change to the under-city.

Unfortunately I doubt what you want will happen with campaign stuff, since CA stated that many people do not want mini-campaigns for WH.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3574 on: April 05, 2019, 09:07:57 am »

It's not a X% chance each turn apparently, but a X%¨chance each time you make some change to the under-city.

Unfortunately I doubt what you want will happen with campaign stuff, since CA stated that many people do not want mini-campaigns for WH.

Ahh that's a bit better - just had visions of a million random events popping up as your undercities all keep getting discovered.

Agree that it'll probably never happen - just a bit annoying that the only way to play the old factions is in a mode that eventually becomes completely glacial. I can't get excited about jumping into a game if I know I'm going to be having to wait a minute or two per turn.
With enough work and polish, it could have been a forgettable flash game on Kongregate.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3575 on: April 15, 2019, 09:51:50 am »

Here's a video covering some of the new mechanics, units and characters for the upcoming Prophet and the Warlock DLC.

It focuses mostly on the Skaven side of things, showing off the undercity mechanics and some of the buildings available. It also shows the Forbidden Workshop, the unit upgrades it can give as well as pieces of equipment for characters and unique units. It also shows the Doomrocket which also comes with some upgrades and costs for building them.

The undercity buildings seem quite interesting. There's buildings which increase sacking bonuses, give vanguard deployment and lightning strike for local armies as well as ones that produce resources and income at a large increase to discoverability.
"Discoverability" is how likely your undercity is to be discovered by the enemy out of 100. Some buildings increase it, like the stripmine which gives 80, while some buildings and characters can reduce it, apparently into negative numbers. Maybe it's a percentage chance per turn to be discovered? I'm not sure on that.

Edit: A bit more information from a video by Loremaster of Sotek: Apparently a number of new settlements have been added to the Mortal Empires campaign. This includes Kappelburg and Krugenheim for Talabecland and Nagenhof and the ruins of Mordheim for Ostermark.
The Orc fort of Massif Orcal has also been added in the mountains north of Castle Carcassonne in Bretonnia.
The settlements in the south of the Araby deserts have also been moved about, making room for a two settlement province for Tiktaq'to with Tlaqua and Cuexotl in the area where El-Kalabad was.
El-Kalabad has been moved further north about level with the Eye of the Panther and the Black Tower of Arkhan.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2019, 10:41:14 am by Mech#4 »
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #3576 on: April 15, 2019, 04:12:01 pm »

I hope Mordheim has a unique building. Something that boosts wizards from all the Wyrdstone
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #3577 on: April 15, 2019, 04:27:36 pm »

It would be funny if when you discovered a Skaven undercity as the Empire it would boot up Vermintide for you.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3578 on: April 15, 2019, 05:16:57 pm »

From what I heard, Discoverability is checked whenever you fiddle with the settlement. Change buildings, upgrade and so on. So it shouldn't be per-turn, but that might change before release.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3579 on: April 15, 2019, 06:17:25 pm »

It would be funny if when you discovered a Skaven undercity as the Empire it would boot up Vermintide for you.
Ubersreik 5 unit needs to be a thing.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3580 on: April 15, 2019, 07:53:47 pm »

Found this really helpful video on how to play the Lizardmen.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3581 on: April 16, 2019, 12:49:52 am »

I had already watched it... but hell, I'll watch it again and again.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3582 on: April 16, 2019, 12:11:46 pm »

The patch notes for the Doomsayer Update are up on the Creative Assembly blog for viewing.

Edit:
- Feral Cold Ones are now recruitable by the Lizardmen.
- Vampire Count factions will focus on specific bloodlines (Mousillon on Blood Dragons, Necrach Brotherhood on Necrach etc).
- Lowered most hero availability to tier 3 or below for all factions.
- Removed autoresolve bonuses for playable and horde factions controlled by the AI
- Lowered Azhag’s Skullmuncha mount unlock rank from 22 to 14
- Blessed Spawnings: when you begin a new Lizardmen campaign after the Doomsayer update, There are now 4 different mission types for Blessed Spawning missions: Battle captives, Kill Entities, Raze/Sack, and Defeat X Armies.
- Rebalanced all vortex, breath, wind and explosion abilities, as a bug that was making them use a reduced radius for area of effect was fixed
- Summoned units are no longer unbreakable. Undead summons now also crumble in addition to unbinding
- Redesigned unbinding to apply for a set duration, with a first phase of light damage and a short second phase of lethal damage. Now summons will expire after a set and predictable duration
« Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 12:43:03 pm by Mech#4 »

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #3583 on: April 16, 2019, 01:06:09 pm »

Found this really helpful video on how to play the Lizardmen.

Okay but how do you go not bankrupt?
Love, scriver~

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3584 on: April 16, 2019, 07:49:16 pm »

CA said on Reddit that there'll be no more faction DLCs for WH2, only Lord Packs. A damn shame, RIP Araby.
Pages: 1 ... 237 238 [239] 240 241 ... 277