Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 238 239 [240] 241 242 ... 277

Author Topic: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2! And 3!  (Read 480889 times)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
Re: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2!
« Reply #3585 on: April 17, 2019, 01:40:07 am »

I guess also RIP Tilea, but it could only have been added in as a Freebie, what with it being a WH1 faction.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #3586 on: April 17, 2019, 10:02:12 am »

I just want Kislev. They’ve had models and an army before. With bear Calvary. Where’s my bear Calvary?
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3587 on: April 17, 2019, 11:31:00 am »

Those AI changes sound pretty great.  Seems like they are trying to make the AI a lot less cheaty. 
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3588 on: April 18, 2019, 04:27:24 am »

New changes look great - interested in how the auto-resolve will be changed and if they can make it fairer. Skaven especially seem to just get hammered by auto-resolve and whilst they're a great race to play, I got quickly tired of fighting every single battle.
With enough work and polish, it could have been a forgettable flash game on Kongregate.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3589 on: April 18, 2019, 04:34:42 am »

I've been thoroughly enjoying the update and DLC. The Undercity mechanic for the Skaven is so much fun. I established an initial Undercity underneath Talabheim and, using the "Subterrainian Pit" building line it's been spreading outwards to neighbouring regions including Altdorf, Nuln, Wurtbad and Marienburg, generating income based off the cities own income per turn.

The discoverability mechanic is different from how I thought it was. I though it was a percentage each turn to be discovered, however, it's actually a score out of 100.
Say, you make a building that raises discoverability by 80 points. The enemy then builds a counter building in their city on the surface that increases their discoverability by +30. The 100 discoverability max is then reduced to 70, exposing your Undercity. As a counter, you can build your own counter buildings that lower your discoverability by -20 to -40 reducing your 80 to 60 or 40 and keeping it under the new threshold.
There's also a building that reduces your discoverability by -40 in one step but you lose vision over the region.

A nice detail is, as long as the settlement isn't razed, your undercity remains if the settlement above exchanges hands.

It's so much fun seeing the Skaven symbols floating over enemy cities and having them generate income for you all sneakily-like.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2019, 05:46:46 am by Mech#4 »
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #3590 on: April 18, 2019, 07:52:53 am »

Is the new undercity mechanics for all skaven or just the new Lord?
Love, scriver~

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3591 on: April 18, 2019, 08:51:52 am »

It's for all Skaven factions. Indeed, Queek Headtaker actually starts the Mortal Empires campaign with an undercity beneath Karak Eight Peaks.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3592 on: April 18, 2019, 12:42:09 pm »

Oh that’s pretty sweet.

Am a fan of undercities. Especially as a reasonably quiet one can produce 2 food and have a chance to spread the undercity to nearby settlements each turn.

The more splashy bonuses i’m relatively uninterested in. If i’d wanted to take your city, there wouldn’t be an undercity there.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3593 on: April 18, 2019, 08:44:19 pm »

Yeah, I kind of agree with that. Though since the Undercity doesn't disappear if you sack the above settlement having +300% sacking and all the other bonuses might be useful to make a bunch of money at once.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3594 on: April 23, 2019, 01:19:12 am »

Man, Ikit Claw is so broken. So, so fun, but so broken.

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3595 on: April 24, 2019, 10:31:56 am »

Until you ride a personal killiness Louen Leoncoeur into his face after popping the Lion's Shield and getting hit dead on by a Doomrocket.

I can only imagine what he was thinking when he saw his prized not!Nuke fail to kill this man-thing because of a enchanted shield.

I do know what was going through his mind, though, the Sword of Couronne.

In related news, Skavenblight is ded.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #3596 on: April 24, 2019, 04:09:11 pm »

Found this really helpful video on how to play the Lizardmen.

Okay but how do you go not bankrupt?
Lizardmen have to spend a lot more time on construction than other factions.  Their fully developed provinces are (IMO) more useful than those of other factions, so that's the price they pay.

In the early game get used to having a mix of units some of which are much more durable than others.  That's pretty much their theme.  Saurus warriors + shields, and chameleon skink skirmishers are both standouts of their early lineup.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #3597 on: May 06, 2019, 05:02:41 pm »

So, I'm playing Ikit on Mortal Empires, and I was ending my turn, and I noticed that Varg's turn is taking quite long

Like, longer than Lothern.
Lothern's united all of Ulthuan

I... I'm scared...

Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3598 on: May 06, 2019, 05:34:05 pm »

So, I'm playing Ikit on Mortal Empires, and I was ending my turn, and I noticed that Varg's turn is taking quite long

Like, longer than Lothern.
Lothern's united all of Ulthuan

I... I'm scared...
If you pay attention, you can hear in the distance: "Asinine Mortal!"
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3599 on: May 08, 2019, 08:31:59 am »

Been getting a crash to desktop glitch when I try to autoresolve against greenskins lately. Happened with empire and lizardmen so far, both times in fights between goblins and minor settlements of mine.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.
Pages: 1 ... 238 239 [240] 241 242 ... 277