Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: My growing Army...  (Read 18237 times)

That Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, that Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: My growing Army...
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2015, 04:12:01 am »

Rabbid indeed, cant equip them by giving arms and armor, they say that you need to speak to an adult. Cant make them hearth persons or lords/lady, at least not yet, I expect most to die, but the others.. haha they will be killing machines before they are adults.
I also have thoughts that if I retired in a claimed area and let a few decades pass by would they make a town/hamlet.
I doubt it but i will try all of this.
Too bad you cant feed followers
Hey kids ive got this vampire blood roast here.... sure looks tasty
I am not afraid of an army of Warriors led by a Child; I am afraid of an army of Children led by a Warrior.

That Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, that Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2015, 12:47:54 am »

Update
I arrived at a camp told the masses of children to wait, lit a campfire and slept in the middle of the pack.
I awaken in the middle of the night to all of them becoming recruits they grow up so fast and boogie men magical gung fu babies attacking us.
What the shit is happening.
I can now trade with them and they say they are soldiers.
All are now grey @ (used to be red). did I genuinly find a bug?
So many pointless questions.
For science I shall tread into the deep void.

So here we are, I just simply asked one to follow me and the boogie men evaporated.
And I asked the kids to follow me, and yes I have more than 20 following me, able to be armed with weapons and everything.

There you go people, you can have armies with hundreds of soldiers
19 Is not the limit.
Now time to perfect the method. Dont thank me for my accidental find.
Science needs scientists, get out there and save the kids man..
« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 01:10:41 am by That Wolf »
I am not afraid of an army of Warriors led by a Child; I am afraid of an army of Children led by a Warrior.

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
  • Souls are tasty. Kinda like bacon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2015, 06:34:48 am »

Could you feed them all vampire blood to make them immortal?
And yet another bit of proof that RNG is toying with us. We do 1984, it does animal farm
...why do your hydras have two more heads than mine? 
Does that mean male hydras... oh god dammit.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2015, 07:03:58 am »

So that's pretty much as badly as you can break adventure mode isn't it, an army of hundreds of bloodsucking child soldiers?

That Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, that Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2015, 07:46:44 am »

So that's pretty much as badly as you can break adventure mode isn't it, an army of hundreds of bloodsucking child soldiers?
In a way, I had no intention on pushing the game like that. I had no fame either.
I will try to push it further though, dont you worry.
Its funny though, enemys cant dodge without getting hit by the 100 kids surrounding them.
I got a laugh when i let them punch a guys head in. I only helped by taking of his headgear.
Kom says "you look like a mighy warrior indeed"
Child drones "I am a soldier"
Kids in the background all saying "it was inevitible""

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2015, 08:20:13 am »

You know this seems like a good idea, we should see if we can go kidnap kids from various towns and bring them back to a single location so we can keep them there until they grow up and groom them into loyal sold- oh wait...

Nikow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2015, 08:36:09 am »

What the shit is happening.
I can now trade with them and they say they are soldiers.
All are now grey @ (used to be red). did I genuinly find a bug?
There you go people, you can have armies with hundreds of soldiers
19 Is not the limit.
Now time to perfect the method. Dont thank me for my accidental find.
Science needs scientists, get out there and save the kids man..
They are drafted by you and because They was kidnapped and They did not come back, They are going to be solddiers. They will grow up the same in They cells and then some gobbos will take them on march to somewhere. In earlier versions, you sometimes was able to find armies of sleeping recruits near pits, now you know why. If you want make them not grey (as for example, recruits dwarves), give them weapons using trade system and train them. :)
In my fortress dwarves are dying from old age.
Dwarven wine is a little bit like good chicken soup:  solid at room temperature.

That Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, that Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2015, 09:26:18 am »

They are drafted by you and because They was kidnapped and They did not come back, They are going to be soldiers. They will grow up the same in They cells and then some gobbos will take them on march to somewhere. In earlier versions, you sometimes was able to find armies of sleeping recruits near pits, now you know why. If you want make them not grey (as for example, recruits dwarves), give them weapons using trade system and train them. :)
Yeah I know the controls pretty well.
Im just figuring out the castes I should have, Elves: whips, Dwarves: bludgeoning mauls, maces, hammers, crossbows, heavy armor, Humans: slashing and peircing, Cloaks×10, sheilds swords spears halberds (both of which should have a reach in combat)

And a special few that will be made into an elite group called wheelbarrow pickup crew.. they cook

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2015, 01:36:23 pm »

Dwarves can't wield mauls, and who wears what types of armor is probably just going to be restricted by what can be found in their size. Humans would probably end up the best armored because finding human size equipment in meadhalls is quite easy, but trying to find anything in a dwarven fortress is just asking to get lost forever in a neverending featureless maze.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2015, 02:59:48 pm »

Dwarves can't wield mauls, and who wears what types of armor is probably just going to be restricted by what can be found in their size. Humans would probably end up the best armored because finding human size equipment in meadhalls is quite easy, but trying to find anything in a dwarven fortress is just asking to get lost forever in a neverending featureless maze.
then again most of the gear for dwarves are mostly at the entrance of the fort, so you don't really need to dive deep into the dwarf mountain home.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2015, 05:36:50 pm »

Oh my... Finally we have the true beginnings of the Army taking shape: Without artificial limits, your squads of 20 soldiers can now be grown into hordes of hundreds... Go take over a human castle somewhere as a base of operations and go conquer an entire country, setting up your own nobility from within the ranks... Glorious!
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

That Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, that Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2015, 09:36:22 pm »

Oh my... Finally we have the true beginnings of the Army taking shape: Without artificial limits, your squads of 20 soldiers can now be grown into hordes of hundreds... Go take over a human castle somewhere as a base of operations and go conquer an entire country, setting up your own nobility from within the ranks... Glorious!
An entire country isnt enough for me.
The whole Armok damned world, then, only then will I rest

That Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, that Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2015, 11:52:37 pm »

A bit more research was done.
After waiting (only an hour is needed) child will change into a recruit, but one following you will stay as a child.
A family member will reunite regardless of the situation, but if they are lethal towards you, the child will not join them.
There is a following limit, dont know how many it is yet, I could be wrong but Im sure I saw it happening as I was telling 100+ to follow me.

I wish there was a group command now, only time will show us Armoks maddening madness

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2015, 03:03:01 pm »

A bit more research was done.
After waiting (only an hour is needed) child will change into a recruit, but one following you will stay as a child.
A family member will reunite regardless of the situation, but if they are lethal towards you, the child will not join them.
There is a following limit, dont know how many it is yet, I could be wrong but Im sure I saw it happening as I was telling 100+ to follow me.

I wish there was a group command now, only time will show us Armoks maddening madness
if there's a following limit then you need to tell some kids to wait , run off to recruit a few more(gotta have the waiting kids off the companion list to pull this off) then return back to pick up the reserves.
this said kinda hope companion order works for more than 27 units.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

That Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, that Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2015, 07:08:00 pm »

Sorry should have been clearer. By a following limit I mean that after asking so many kids to follow me some of them will stop following and wait by themselves. It happens in the 100+ range, and even then I could be mistaken because of the sheer numbers of them.
Despite the numbers I havnt noticed a drop in frames.
The only thing I have noticed drop is my enemys jaws, then they sail of in an arc.
Pages: 1 [2] 3