Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: My growing Army...  (Read 17654 times)

That Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, that Wolf
    • View Profile
My growing Army...
« on: January 14, 2015, 10:19:17 pm »

Hello All the nutcases lovely people, I am here to talk about one of my adventurers.
Kom sickhumour the cheerful genius of sewers a human misc object user, first of all I found a dwarf to follow me to death he was a nice guy but he always talked about his youngest son who got kidnapped by another human, I gave in to it and decided to finaly help the poor alchoholic and we walked for days toward a dark fortress.
Despite losing him in the woods near the area I arrived, in the distance I could see it peircing into the sky gutting the clouds, but before me was the dreaded goblin pits. I jumped and skipped merrily without confrontation and reached the fort, peaked in the entrance and a room full of trolls stared back at me but didnt charge (yeah the friendly goblin hating kind) so I walked around killed a few gobs and trolls. Finaly after having enough fun I decided to find the kid and found more than I bargained for. Kids everywhere. So I liberated them to the point where I had 60 following me on my way out with my child militia a goblin pike man got jelous and killed a dwarf dwarven child, but I must push on. We got outside and something changed in me. I asked a few of the kids how old they where, 10 and 7, and click my brain sparked (a rare event) I just need to wait 5 game years and have an army of teens. Yes pimple ridden angst filled soldiers.
The question we come to is.... would they stay in my employ? All 59 of them.
Yes I know the limit is 19 for followers. So how come I have 59 child monks? That willingly fight with me.

Yes a long winded first post
I am not afraid of an army of Warriors led by a Child; I am afraid of an army of Children led by a Warrior.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
Re: My growing Army...
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2015, 11:02:14 pm »

Well, you could always find a necro book, train them up by taking on tougher foes and raise them as they die.

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2015, 11:05:27 pm »

Oh my gosh this is amazing. Saving kidnapped children from being brainwashed by goblins to brainwash them yourself. That's what Dwarf Fortress is all about. As for it working, I have no idea, but please, do try.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

That Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, that Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2015, 11:38:37 pm »

The necro idea is not far from what I was thinking.
If I become immortal and wait for half a decade then maybe the children will stay with their master.
I just noticed my title was Lord of the league of mountains, I havnt claimed anything yet, I think they voted me in as a lord.
Oh and another thing. All of them are wearing copper and Iron masks saying "in a time before time somebody attacked somebody"
It has to be part of the brainwashing techniques developed by goblin kind.
I am not afraid of an army of Warriors led by a Child; I am afraid of an army of Children led by a Warrior.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2015, 11:50:09 pm »

This is a great undertaking.  Make a thread about it.  Well, I mean a story.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2015, 10:28:48 am »

You might want to avoid going into a ton of houses, because you may lose followers as they find relatives.
Not sure if dying of old age is an honor or a shame for weaponmasters. On the one hand, it means they never got the opportunity to die in glorious battle. On the other hand, it means nothing could beat them in glorious battle.
Meow.

Brunste

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2015, 11:40:52 am »

Just murder them all first.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2015, 05:22:55 pm »

Well, you could always find a necro book, train them up by taking on tougher foes and raise them as they die.
The thing is necromancy doesn't keep those kids skills since you're filling their lifeless corpses with unlife(a new one) so it's a new person wearing their skin(also you can't tell the undead to wait(unless you mod the game)).
That Wolf could build an army by parking most/all of his troops at a base and go on a recruiting spree. When he hit the recruitment cap just go back to base and dump the new recruits using the wait option when talking.

I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2015, 08:43:04 pm »

Undead will wait, but they follow for a while before returning to the waitpoint. I used it to seed undead monsters around a map once.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2015, 11:42:11 pm »

Seriously, if you find a way of perpetuating this, it'll be fuckin' amazing.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

That Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, that Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2015, 09:17:39 pm »

I told the 59 to wait outside the slade spire and ventured back in, spitting on any troll who was in my way and searched the place for more, now im not shitting you I now have 164(ish) children of all racesits like a mcdonalds comercial short term goals are to train them up teach em to swim, manners and eat the weak dead ones, claim a camp and make them ?citizens?.
Long term is to find a vampire willing to lend me some blood, and then wait for my kids to grow up and finaly move out.
The thought of becoming a werebeast and biting them has me thinking if that will work?

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2015, 12:29:37 am »

I told the 59 to wait outside the slade spire and ventured back in, spitting on any troll who was in my way and searched the place for more, now im not shitting you I now have 164(ish) children of all racesits like a mcdonalds comercial short term goals are to train them up teach em to swim, manners and eat the weak dead ones, claim a camp and make them ?citizens?.
Long term is to find a vampire willing to lend me some blood, and then wait for my kids to grow up and finaly move out.
The thought of becoming a werebeast and biting them has me thinking if that will work?
Uhh unless you find a good way to prevent them from all auto aggroing you when you attack one of them, I say no. Dow if you say bite some harmless animal make them a werewolf then send your kid army to fight that you might get some werewolf troops out of the deal... but you might want to keep the wolf pack separate from the normal one due to infighting.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2015, 03:21:21 am »

Bah, had 24 kids en route to the edge of the pits for traveling elsewhere and they aggroed a bunch of gobs, froze the game, went back in, got 16 of them, took a different route, ten dissappeared as we were going, probably ran up some towers, another went missing in the middle of a goblin ambush, another decided they would rather fight an alligator than follow me, and then after crossing a river and waiting for the other four to catch up they went aggressive for some reason so I just brained a couple and drank the others before moving on.

That Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, that Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2015, 03:43:51 am »

Mine are doing fine, we fought a few recruits and a dwarf kid said "uncle?" And the uncle said "nephew is that you". We proceded to kill his uncle and the kid kept on saying "is that you uncle" (to his corpse i presume). Then killed a few packs of dingoes. After they bit my kids I couldnt help but say "a dingo ate my baby!".
ive split them into two groups to manage them easier.
I believe this exploit exsists because if you had a full party you could still save the kids.

Good going Max, keep me notified on your findings, and anybody else who has tried

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2015, 03:46:00 am »

The little bastards are rabid, and I have no idea how to make them stop running off to punch bears and alligators and whatnot... which would be cool except for them losing limbs in the process... no clue if I could get them to use armor or not.
Pages: [1] 2 3