Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Temple Defiling  (Read 767 times)

Peeps

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Temple Defiling
« on: January 15, 2015, 10:56:59 am »

Now that we have temples, will tantruming dwarves be able to defile them and be cursed for it like in worldgen?
Maybe have them be more likely to do it if they don't care for religion or worship a deity with an opposed alignment.
Having a simple tantrum suddenly turn into an werebeast attack would definitely be loads of !!FUN!!

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
Re: Temple Defiling
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2015, 12:50:32 pm »

No. At least for now they wont. Latter it might be.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Waparius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2015, 08:07:08 pm »

It would be interesting if you could not only have tantrumming dwarves defile a temple but also order it to be done yourself - causing a long-term problem (turning the land evil, perhaps, or making all future Strange Moods Fell Moods) in exchange for a short-term benefit like breaking a siege, killing a particularly awful Forgotten Beast or sending the clowns home.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2015, 08:31:27 pm »

I suppose the "Temple" workshop could have a "syndrome" curse added to it for anyone who "knocks it over" (via tantrum, for instance, or because of a fist fight, or as an adventurer of a different religion.)
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii