Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 106

Author Topic: Paranormal 24 - Game over! Doppelganger Victory!  (Read 208299 times)

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal 24 - Game over! Doppelganger Victory!
« Reply #1515 on: February 26, 2015, 10:27:11 pm »

Well I was wrong about everything.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1516 on: February 26, 2015, 10:33:13 pm »

Well I was wrong about everything.
Oh pff. You were right about not being scum! c:

Son of a bitch.

Something told me I shouldn't have trusted Deus when he pm'd me a plan.

How the hell did I somehow pm TWO scum players.

Urk.
*high-five* ;D
:P
If we've got a PM mechanic in any future game, I can compile my notes and make a plan for its discussion. I find it a rather...INTERESTING mechanic. ;3

Though yeah. Out of the two guards, DA was the mastermind. And I checked him. And I didn't somehow look deeply at Scripten(?)'s idea on why DA suddenly shifted. That was a subtle tell. Gahhh.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 10:41:21 pm by Tiruin »

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #1517 on: February 26, 2015, 10:40:26 pm »

So sorry, Tiruin. I felt bad with every word I typed. T_T
I felt it in my intuition -_-
WHY DON'T I TRUST MY INTUITION, GAHHHHHH. (Well, ok, it was HARD to translate into logic, but I did feel a really big...well of emptiness there like a void.)
It was...in between the lines ;_;
But good play though :I For yer second game, that was moderately :D
...Though I still seriously didn't like that bit on playing on my absence for the lynch. That could've...gone better, as it can be easily misconstrued as a lapse of judgement.
But it seems you have found my weakness (just like Vector did, though Vec saw it really quickly I think ._.). My duality of thought.
You had the deadchat baffled. Other than ToonyMan. He always get the deal first. But in brevity.

* Tiruin jumps and attacks UXLZ through a hidden trapdoor with a hug.
You be silly :P Thanks for playing quite clean for scum.

I thought Cheeetar 'called' me being scum first? Well, non-jokingly at least, and at the point he did so it was faaaaaaar too late.

Hmm... I did feel bad about playing off the absence as scum, but I was simply doing what I would do as town. As a scum player, I knew the absences were bad luck for you and bad circumstances (the way you treated it), however, if I was Town, I seriously would have been quite suspicious of you for that. I wouldn't have tunnelled so hard, though. I really only did that because it was D4 and imminent victory. >_>

Sorry for 'playing you all' though, deadchat guys.
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1518 on: February 26, 2015, 10:41:28 pm »

I take as consolation the fact that I momentarily confuzzled the scumteam.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1519 on: February 26, 2015, 10:51:38 pm »

I wouldn't have tunnelled so hard, though. I really only did that because it was D4 and imminent victory. >_>
...For posterity, it revealed a ton of reasonable flaws with lacking backing. :I

Edit: Oooook, now reading the scumchat you seem to be all puffy and full of yourself(?), UXLZ. ._.
Um...I am all ._. over this.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 10:53:27 pm by Tiruin »

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #1520 on: February 26, 2015, 10:52:09 pm »

This was why I was really intent on the War Vet--I was under the impression that his existence stopped an overwhelming scum victory primarily because of his ability like...in Supernatural (if Monster Hunter (town) is alive with Werewolf (scum)--then werewolf cannot win despite a tie being had).
...Though I may be forgetting the exact numeral conditions on that applying.

Well, the more specific rule is that if the town can somehow stop the scum team, the game keeps going.

War Vet can do that, yeah. Except that the dopps had a Guardian who was protecting the killer, so the War Vet's ability couldn't really stop the scum team from winning. And by the time we hit the last day the dopps had 4 votes to the town's 3, so it was pretty much over. You guys literally couldn't have done anything.

The only way the game was going to continue was if zombie urist blocked Deus AND the dopps decided to go for Scripten AND it was Toaster doing the kill. Really not likely, of course, but possible.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1521 on: February 26, 2015, 10:54:30 pm »

This was why I was really intent on the War Vet--I was under the impression that his existence stopped an overwhelming scum victory primarily because of his ability like...in Supernatural (if Monster Hunter (town) is alive with Werewolf (scum)--then werewolf cannot win despite a tie being had).
...Though I may be forgetting the exact numeral conditions on that applying.

Well, the more specific rule is that if the town can somehow stop the scum team, the game keeps going.

War Vet can do that, yeah. Except that the dopps had a Guardian who was protecting the killer, so the War Vet's ability couldn't really stop the scum team from winning. And by the time we hit the last day the dopps had 4 votes to the town's 3, so it was pretty much over. You guys literally couldn't have done anything.
I had the right idea but suspected and telepath'd the wrong guys >_>
<_<
Oops.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #1522 on: February 26, 2015, 10:57:56 pm »

I wouldn't have tunnelled so hard, though. I really only did that because it was D4 and imminent victory. >_>
...For posterity, it revealed a ton of reasonable flaws with lacking backing. :I

I had issues finding the backing. I knew it was there for a lot of the stuff but there were so many posts to go through and I was so tired over the past few days. T_T

I can't believe you guys didn't lynch Toaster on D4 though. >_>
The circle is complete.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1523 on: February 26, 2015, 10:59:15 pm »

At least I got Deus being scum and Jim being town right that last day.

Scum, thanks for considering me good enough to almost NK the first few days.

I managed to protect the war vet and then scum players three nights in a row. Damn.

I had issues finding the backing. I knew it was there for a lot of the stuff but there were so many posts to go through and I was so tired over the past few days. T_T

I can't believe you guys didn't lynch Toaster on D4 though. >_>
Toaster was lurking so no one cared enough about him.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1524 on: February 26, 2015, 11:02:35 pm »

Toaster was lurking so no one cared enough about him.
I cared!
But wrote him off...
Though I did apply my reason (which wasn't lurking :I) because RL to him...but there were tells. x_x

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #1525 on: February 26, 2015, 11:02:53 pm »

Edit: Oooook, now reading the scumchat you seem to be all puffy and full of yourself(?), UXLZ. ._.

It was more 'surprised that what I'm doing is working.' This was my first scum game, so I was expecting to fail really hard. (I may have mentioned that earlier on in the chat?)
The circle is complete.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1526 on: February 26, 2015, 11:04:25 pm »

hehehe I remember my first scum game.  Good times, good times.

GBU Mafia was my best game I've ever played as scum.  Ever.  Period.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1527 on: February 26, 2015, 11:06:24 pm »

It was more 'surprised that what I'm doing is working.' This was my first scum game, so I was expecting to fail really hard. (I may have mentioned that earlier on in the chat?)
My first scum game me and Tiruin managed to ace it. Granted we were the most experienced players in a BM Sprint, but often times your first scum game goes well because people don't know what to expect.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #1528 on: February 26, 2015, 11:09:42 pm »

I got a few chuckles this game out of the fact that zombie urist saved town twice[/b] from War Vet friendly fire.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #1529 on: February 26, 2015, 11:18:30 pm »

I'm glad it was such an overwhelming victory, but also sad. It felt like a lot of you town players were distracted, like I won not because of my own ability but because of other's mistakes. >_>

I like to think that my Day 2 and  3, as well as late Day 1, were near impeccable. :v

No one's ever gonna trust me again after this game, though. xD
The circle is complete.
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 106