Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 106

Author Topic: Paranormal 24 - Game over! Doppelganger Victory!  (Read 208311 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal 24 - Game over! Doppelganger Victory!
« Reply #1530 on: February 26, 2015, 11:47:57 pm »

Started following this game at the very end. The part where nobody followed Jim's plan because "somebody might die if we do" was pretty infuriating and should probably have resulted in murdered scum.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1531 on: February 27, 2015, 12:04:46 am »

Excellently played, DA, UXLZ, Toaster. I'm surprised at who the scum were- I was wrong about pretty much everything.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #1532 on: February 27, 2015, 12:15:08 am »

Same here.
Also, the flavor is very, very well done and compelling.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #1533 on: February 27, 2015, 12:44:25 am »

Fuck me, I lynched Shakerag with two scum joining in on the wagon.

Goddammit.

I forgot my rule about last minute vote gaming, that it's never a good idea.

Uggggggggggggggggh. Toaster never should have gotten away with lurking that bad.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1534 on: February 27, 2015, 12:56:37 am »

I have nothing good to say about this game except that I believed in Jim and:

Started following this game at the very end. The part where nobody followed Jim's plan because "somebody might die if we do" was pretty infuriating and should probably have resulted in murdered scum.
This.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #1535 on: February 27, 2015, 01:02:59 am »

Fuck me, I lynched Shakerag with two scum joining in on the wagon.

Goddammit.

I forgot my rule about last minute vote gaming, that it's never a good idea.

Uggggggggggggggggh. Toaster never should have gotten away with lurking that bad.

Yeah, after escaping the D3 lynch I was almost certain Toaster was a goner for D4. I checked the tracker at one point and Toaster had like, 40 posts. On D4. I looked at that and was like 'crapcrapcrap, nobody notice'. Thankfully nobody seemed to have noticed, or at least chose not to speak up about it. >_>

I was pretty worried at the end though, Jim. You managed to pick Deus out, at least. Were you distracted during the game or something, though? I've looked at some of your earlier ones and your play felt different.

@Tiruin: Now do you understand why I dismiss tonal reading so heavily? No one (seemingly) realized I was scum until the last night, and even then they were uncertain about it. The only time I screwed up tonally was riiiight at the start of D1, and even if someone tried to bring that up for whatever reason I had a plan to explain it.

So glad the Shakerag mislynch freed me up for N3. Otherwise we would have had to have made Toaster do the kill again (if he was even alive). If you guys had lynched Toaster and then followed the plan we would have been fairly screwed. I would have lost deadchat support due to SR knowing it was me who killed him, and I don't think I could have fabricated stuff that well. I think that was the turning point... Sorry Jim. >_>

Just to note: EVERYTHING I transcribed from the deadchat this game was 100% true.

Oh, and I'd like to apologize to NQT and Cheeetar in particular for the D2 PM shennaniganz that made them trust me.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 01:06:38 am by UXLZ »
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #1536 on: February 27, 2015, 01:10:06 am »

The games you're thinking of were years ago. I played much more aggressively and abrasively back then.

Multiple peoples have complained about how I'm a big fat jerk so I've been trying to dial it back.

I think that was the turning point... Sorry Jim. >_>

I thought about it for fifteen more minutes and yeah, that move singlehandedly lost the game.

On the other hand nobody would have followed through with my fucking plan anyway.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #1537 on: February 27, 2015, 01:29:55 am »

The games you're thinking of were years ago. I played much more aggressively and abrasively back then.

Multiple peoples have complained about how I'm a big fat jerk so I've been trying to dial it back.

That's true. I guess some people just can't handle the pressure. Maybe try and keep the aggressiveness, but dial back on the abrasiveness?

Quote from: Jim
I thought about it for fifteen more minutes and yeah, that move singlehandedly lost the game.

On the other hand nobody would have followed through with my fucking plan anyway.

Maybe not singlehandedly, but it was a pretty amazing break for the scumteam. Despite Deus' and I's massive towncred at the time, I feel like the going would have been extremely rough had Toaster gotten lynched on D3, (even D4 which I am still amazed he managed to survive.)

Personally I felt like people didn't follow the plan for two reason:

1) It wasn't hashed out quickly enough and some people still had their objections (and it was the kind of plan that you needed EVERYONE to follow)
and
2) The mislynch kinda threw everything into confusion. People may have also suspected you as scum due to the pivotal role you played in the lynch turnaround.
The circle is complete.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1538 on: February 27, 2015, 02:19:33 am »

Jim, you're like a teddy bear with a D:< face.
Very huggable and nice--but you've to note the bits that make it abrasive. :P
As in, on what people say, check back what bits make it seem like that then check it from other viewpoints.

But really, what my point is, is that you're not wholly a big fat jerk. Only in...tiny, itty-bitty parts, at very specific occasions.

...Yeah, sorry much.
I had a feeling about DA but I couldn't pinpoint it and my net had only reconnected after one or so days IRL had passed and I saw the night and went 'ahhhh'.

I'm glad it was such an overwhelming victory, but also sad. It felt like a lot of you town players were distracted, like I won not because of my own ability but because of other's mistakes. >_>

I like to think that my Day 2 and  3, as well as late Day 1, were near impeccable. :v

No one's ever gonna trust me again after this game, though. xD
Totally, UXLZ :D
You are going down next game.

Also eh? I didn't even use tonal reading on you. I had the newbie card up and dismissed your...tunneling to experience.
>_> Yeah.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 02:26:17 am by Tiruin »

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #1539 on: February 27, 2015, 02:27:35 am »

Also eh? I didn't even use tonal reading on you. I had the newbie card up and dismissed your...tunneling to experience.
>_> Yeah.

Tunneling isn't something you tonal read...
The circle is complete.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1540 on: February 27, 2015, 02:41:02 am »

>_> Yeah.

Tunneling isn't something you tonal read...
I am bad with terms here.
I was referring to
@Tiruin: Now do you understand why I dismiss tonal reading so heavily? No one (seemingly) realized I was scum until the last night, and even then they were uncertain about it. The only time I screwed up tonally was riiiight at the start of D1, and even if someone tried to bring that up for whatever reason I had a plan to explain it.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1541 on: February 27, 2015, 04:34:20 am »

Jim, if it makes you feel better, following the plan would have won us the game on night 3 instead of night 4. Cheetar and Persus would both have died.

Still trying to work out why I pretended to guard Tiruin. That was kind of stupid.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #1542 on: February 27, 2015, 04:39:46 am »

Jim, if it makes you feel better, following the plan would have won us the game on night 3 instead of night 4. Cheetar and Persus would both have died.

Still trying to work out why I pretended to guard Tiruin. That was kind of stupid.

Presumably Toaster would have been lynched though. I thought the mislynch was why people didn't follow it to begin with. :v
The circle is complete.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1543 on: February 27, 2015, 05:21:34 am »

I suppose so. It probably would have been a more interesting game if Toaster had died, it ended when it felt like things were just getting serious.

Can I ask what people thought of my scum game? I've never done it before.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1544 on: February 27, 2015, 06:05:28 am »

Can I ask what people thought of my scum game? I've never done it before.
This hurts, DA.
It hurts a lot.
Ouch.
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 106