Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 106

Author Topic: Paranormal 24 - Game over! Doppelganger Victory!  (Read 207984 times)

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal 24 - Day 4 brings no hope
« Reply #1425 on: February 22, 2015, 05:49:29 pm »

I'm just gonna vote to extend again right away. We all know we're going to do it anyway, may as well get it out now.
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: February 22, 2015, 05:49:55 pm »

Tiruin's play at the end of the last day phase felt town

*Gasp* It's almost as if people do things that read scum and things that read as town in the same game or something. Maybe next I'll say something REALLY crazy like "A big part of scumhunting is weighing town-sided and scum-sided actions and determining that player's most likely alignment."

Please explain your logic here.
If Jim isn't scum, then Tiruin is the next most likely candidate in my book. Considering your relationship with her this game, this feels like either buddying/white-knighting or blatant defense of a scumbuddy.
Good job Scripten. Please explain in detail how my relationship with her, considering that I voted for her and tied the vote, is buddying/whit-knighting/blatant defense.

Nice vote. Can you explain your motivations behind it other than saving your own scummy skin?

Your interactions with Tiruin all game have been all over the place and strike me as illegitimate. I find it laughable that you're defending yourself with the action of tying the vote, since that's a wholly anti-town tactic. You're eschewing responsibility for the lynch while also threatening the town with a no-lynch if they don't make the lynch decision for you.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: February 22, 2015, 05:57:29 pm »

So its ok for you to change your opinion but not me.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: February 22, 2015, 06:01:24 pm »

So its ok for you to change your opinion but not me.

Where'd I say that?

And why'd you avoid the actual content in my post?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: February 22, 2015, 06:08:05 pm »

GAH
Quote from: ZU
If Jim and I were both scum, why would I be voting today in a probably lylo situation?

What do you mean 'probably'?
The chance of this actually being LyLo is significantly lower than the chance of it not (37.5%). In fact, the only cases I can see where it is requires Toaster to be scum or there to somehow be a hidden scum Vig or something. Is there something you know that you aren't telling us? for some reason?
Can you please argue in qualitative data instead of bu- quantitative data? I was going to quote your post back there for sarcasm (in which you poked at my 'statistics') but...really, UXLZ.
You're falling into the danger of purely quantitative data--when people use numbers as the ORIGIN of explaining probability, especially when all this is like...step 2, missing out step 1: the details why these numbers matter.
Like, really. Its annoying. Its a reminder to me of that one guy who lied in prison about the XYY gene and 'how it "statistically" makes someone more aggressive' and all that rubbish. It was believed, because statistics. Yes that semantics was intentional, to show how dangerous the power of statistics was had in the past and how it was readily believed.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: February 22, 2015, 06:16:25 pm »

Also extend. I'm at the point where it takes minutes to load a page again... -_-

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: February 22, 2015, 06:19:50 pm »

Fishy net :I

Edit:
Warning - while you were typing 4 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post.

Oh thank you for not letting this post go through -_-

EBWOP

Jim Groovester

Why are you voting me?
Interest and curiosity--how did you take it?
You are not infallible just as much as anyone else here--and I am really bothered by the level of insight into all this due to how people are seemingly pairing up people as a scumteam (for...some reason it matters?) and somehow just 'saying it out' as a basis for their voting.

I think it's Toaster, Tiruin, and Deus Asmoth.

The last time Toaster did anything was on Day 2. Neither Tiruin's or Deus Asmoth's actions make sense and I don't really buy Deus Asmoth's explanation for his change of opinion about Tiruin.
Like this one. I want to see evident reasons on why you're thinking this, instead of making it seem like so.
Next is the blue portion--if you're unsure, why aren't you asking him in full? I did not due to the somewhat annoying PM-game--why aren't you asking Persus, given that a recent post-track of yours only recounts DA?

Err...no?
If I thought the plan would work--which basically (I think we're talking about the plan where DA guards Persus and vice versa?) implies holistically, which I agree upon in part, but that it did leave a lot left out...then I would do what was suggested as it does favor suspects whom I would like to mark down (ie you, ZU/Persus. . . .).
...Though it did have holes, which leads me to cross and compare both plans mentioned.

So query on the blue part. It seems like you're saying there's no way DA can do anything other than what he should do--without getting Persus13 killed.
"Literally no way"? That comes of as a really concise prediction of sorts.

Their actions were completely accounted for in my plan. The one where Persus13 protects Scripten and is guarded by Deus Asmoth.

The plan everybody should have followed but nobody did.

From memory, Cheeetar also said a plan, and you agreed in most part to it...
However you didn't ask about this or on the specific proponents which support crucial parts in it, which makes me wary about the credence of this plan...well, other than saying 'why didn't anyone follow this plan', as per checking your posts D4~
For some reason, you're leaving out Persus13, who is tied to Deus Amoth in how he regarded his night action and never even mentioned him ever since. (well, ok, ever since now...ish)

That's leaving me to wonder why you're doing what you're doing. There's this bit on 'I didn't do anything last night so you should've gotten a Survive result'; on whose opinion did you take in the idea, that your TRACK/WATCH combination of powers as the press and paparazzi would have a much lesser basis, than how others would act? Did you compare your own abilities to others to determine efficiency?
Because its a bit more effective than a Telepath's...telepathy, in my case. You can WATCH someone act--and how many people do them. You can TRACK someone, and find who they do, as a general idea.

My belief on the scumteam is that they're the type who is lying low. Some team which has worked together, not overtly, that has caused such a fiasco in the lynching as of late. Specifically from D2/D2~end until now.

I'll double back and query one tiny bit here.
I did nothing during N3. If Tiruin inspected me (as called for in the plan) and came up with Survive, then she legitimately inspected me. Otherwise, if she came up Find, she would be dirty fakeclaiming scum. That was the plan, anyway.

THAT WAS ALL PART OF THE PLAN

WHY DID NOBODY FOLLOW THE PLAN

Now who can say who didn't do the nightkill? Goddamn nobody, that's who.
[...]
The plan is judged by efficiency, not by final results here. Still comparing the two proposed plans, but given everyone's such actions--there is ONE in the list that went off to KILL. I'm busy collating the claimed results of everyone's deeds of the NOW compared to those plans in seeing suspects.
Who are you to say that this is the concluding remarks? (pertaining to the orange bit) Yea, efficiency may have dropped--but that doesn't mean that there is lacking merit to it; I had the feeling that the scumteam would work along with either plan, as a only loophole that one would be a KILL rather than what was proposed.
Did nobody question that idea? (Italicized above)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: February 22, 2015, 06:23:01 pm »

...This wasn't poste-
Gah >_>
Could Tiruin have killed Cheeetar? Yes, she could have. She claims to have gotten a protect result on Deus Asmoth, but Deus Asmoth has been known to be a Guardian since D2 so Tiruin could reasonably fake her inspect or DA and Tiruin could both be scum so she knew DA's action anyway. Could she have killed NQT? Not unless she and ZU are on the same scumteam, as she claimed Protect on ZU before ZU's role was known.
So tell me Persus. Of that whole list of speculations--why haven't you quoted one tiny bit of mine and questioned it entirely? What I'm thinking here is something I expected anyone to question beforehand; my post here. Somehow, given your vote on me and the large list of speculation--you aren't seemingly bothering to question for impact.
Somehow you're moving on speculation other than questioning what is in front of you.
Somehow you ignore primary evidences in the orange part which led me to correspond with others in making that decision--all of whom are dead now (ie NQT/Cheeetar).

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: February 22, 2015, 06:55:55 pm »

Quote from: B-B-BAKA!chan
-snipped stuff about statistics-

You seem to be misunderstanding exactly what I'm doing with those numbers, but oh well, the choice is yours. If you want to neglect a part of your scumhunting arsenal then who am I to judge? Oh wait, right... That's what I'm supposed to do.
I guess it's understandable why you wouldn't like that kind of thinking though, Tiruin, after all, statistically you're by far the scummiest player here, Mrs 'I didn't do anything until day three.'
The circle is complete.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: February 22, 2015, 07:00:08 pm »

UXLZ, you could try to be less of a smart alec and realize what I'm trying to tell you. Quantifying evidence and scumhunting by statistics DOES NOT MAKE A REASONABLE CASE. Its a thing I had with NQT (which I'm glad he improved a ton) back then in the day.

I guess it's understandable why you wouldn't like that kind of thinking though, Tiruin, after all, statistically you're by far the scummiest player here, Mrs 'I didn't do anything until day three.'

...This irks me. Not by its wording, but by how this even makes sense. I dislike you now, as a player. But that may be stress.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: February 22, 2015, 07:04:05 pm »

Sorry Urist but I really can't see that as anything but an OMGUS. The ask for explanation is understandable but the vote is completely unnecessary.
So I can't vote him because he's voting me? How else is he going to get lynched.

*Gasp* It's almost as if people do things that read scum and things that read as town in the same game or something. Maybe next I'll say something REALLY crazy like "A big part of scumhunting is weighing town-sided and scum-sided actions and determining that player's most likely alignment."
Like what? What did Tiruin do that reads both as town and scum? What made you change your mind?

Nice vote. Can you explain your motivations behind it other than saving your own scummy skin?
Your interactions with Tiruin all game have been all over the place and strike me as illegitimate. I find it laughable that you're defending yourself with the action of tying the vote, since that's a wholly anti-town tactic. You're eschewing responsibility for the lynch while also threatening the town with a no-lynch if they don't make the lynch decision for you.
Ok. Show me why you think my interactions with Tiruin have been illegitimate. Also you're deflecting the question. I asked why you thought I was defending Tiruin when I tied the vote yesterday that could be have caused her to be lynched, not whether tying the vote is a scummy action. Which it isn't. Tying the vote isn't a wholly anti-town tactic. At that time I didn't think Toaster was scum and Tiruin might have been. There would have been no way for Tiruin to get lynched if I didn't tie the vote. I listed many reasons why I suspected Tiruin yesterday, but you seem to be forgetting them.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: February 22, 2015, 07:09:39 pm »

Yes it does, that's why scum vigs are so dangerous. They can choose to perform their own NK or the Scum Kill, that doesn't mean someone else can't do it.
I'm pretty sure that the scumteam is only allowed 1 kill per night for balance reasons.

Well, there's the gain of dissociating them in the case of either of them getting lynched later on in the future. Plus he was in the spotlight enough to nearly get lynched on day 3, so I'm not sure you've got much of a point there in any case.
Yeah, but at that point it was unlikely either of them were going to get lynched. Toaster only entered the spotlight after Jim voted him. Jim was the first person to vote Toaster and in fact part of Jim's plan was for Toaster to be lynched.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: February 22, 2015, 07:27:27 pm »

Not that Urist, it was just the way it was worded, and the fact that you didn't actually respond to any of his points made it seem like an OMGUS to me.

Aaanyway, post from NQT. This is why I said that you're 'statistically' the scummiest player. The other "Mrs." part was just me taunting you.
By the way, I know what you're saying, I just disagree with you. I could argue in turn that obfuscating your points and intentions behind spammed emoticons and incredibly confusing sentence structures/word choices doesn't make a good case, but... -shrugs-
I'm not actually basing all my arguments and beliefs off of purely statistics, which you seem to believe.

Spoiler: NQT (click to show/hide)
The circle is complete.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: February 22, 2015, 07:29:47 pm »

Urist, you're wrong, just gonna tell you now.

Did you even read the rules, man!? >_>

Quote from: Meph
Night Kill: Any kill that happens during the Night Phase. The Doppelgangers each get 1 Night Kill as a group, in addition to any allowed by Roles.
The circle is complete.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: February 22, 2015, 07:56:03 pm »

UXLZ, as the speaker of the dead, I would like you to speak for Cheeetar, NQT, and the rest of those who have been slain. I can detect errors in consistency of your words, if they are fraudulent or falsified.

In addition to your opinion, bring up those of Cheeetar (who is relevant due to his connection with me and other matters we've discussed in PMs), and the rest of the dead.

PFP

Aaanyway, post from NQT. This is why I said that you're 'statistically' the scummiest player. The other "Mrs." part was just me taunting you.
This is why I dislike that. You should at least make sure we're on common terms before being jerk-y. Or its my stress. Pretty much my stress.
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 106