Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106

Author Topic: Paranormal 24 - Game over! Doppelganger Victory!  (Read 206857 times)

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal 24 - Game over! Doppelganger Victory!
« Reply #1545 on: February 27, 2015, 06:19:06 am »

It didn't really make sense for me to guard you as town, though.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1546 on: February 27, 2015, 08:26:20 am »

Whelp, scum played a good game, my suspicions towards the end were almost completely off.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1547 on: February 27, 2015, 09:10:58 am »

Uggggggggggggggggh. Toaster never should have gotten away with lurking that bad.

You're absolutely right; I'm shocked no one called me out for not voting D4 (where I would have then come up with a BS case on Persus.)  That said, I'm sorry for that; I really shouldn't have joined this game.  Cheeetar was right that lynching Town Toaster D4 would have been bad... too bad I wasn't Town Toaster.

Still, though, with the votes as split as they were at the end of D4, it would not have been hard to make a mislynch happen.

It was a good game, though! 
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1548 on: February 27, 2015, 09:12:58 am »

OH YEAH

Remember that bandwagon tracking post I did D1?  Look again at the name list, and keep in mind that Flabort was a bit of a stretch as an inclusion.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1549 on: February 27, 2015, 09:37:47 am »

OH YEAH
Remember that bandwagon tracking post I did D1?  Look again at the name list, and keep in mind that Flabort was a bit of a stretch as an inclusion.
We all know your scum tell of bussing, but I didn't think you would accuse your entire team. You were the only player I had pegged as scum in dead chat by the late game. I jokingly called UXLZ a scum medium, but deep down I didn't want it to be true.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1550 on: February 27, 2015, 09:39:56 am »

Uuuuuugggghhhhh

I wish I had lived long enough to enjoy this.
Frickin' war vet on the first night.

And I couldn't even enjoy the stupid deadchat because mediums, so I could only stay silent the whole time.

Well, I guess there has to be someone getting screwed over.

Also rage and nobody following Jim's plan.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1551 on: February 27, 2015, 10:33:41 am »

I feel like I probably should have made a big deal about Jim not having a specific target in his plan. I doubt it would have made anyone think he was scum, but it would have been a good justification for not following it.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1552 on: February 27, 2015, 10:46:46 am »

Well, if Jim had said his target, then the scum could plan around it better.  The idea was he'd test an unspecified player that was still open to do the kill and hopefully guess the right one.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1553 on: February 27, 2015, 12:16:06 pm »

My god.  First of all, I told you all I was town.  But, yeah, I was playing a pretty shitty game.

Secondly, I was 95% certain Jim/ZU were scum.  Damn.  Go back to being an aggressive asshole Jim; it's throwing off my reads.

UXLZ, you played a masterful scum game.  I don't think I suspected you once. 

Deus, you too.  Well done. 

I entertained the notion that Toaster could be scum, but that's just more from knowing his experience level and automatically suspecting him. 

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #1554 on: February 28, 2015, 01:37:03 am »

Yeah, do eeeet Jim. Your posts are less hilarious than the older ones, too.

@Shakerag: Thanks, though I feel like Deus and I being newbies who are still actually good(ish) at the game gives us a massive advantage, since we're expected to give off easier scum tells given our newbishness.

You having your tracker bot on me was really damn annoying. xD

Sorry MC. That was super bad luck on your case. I would have liked to have had a bit more fun in the deadchat as well, but I had to strive to keep my image 100% town.

I'm interested in seeing Scripten's opinion on my play, too, since he was the IC in my BM. If there were any notable (negative) differences I'd like to correct those ASAP.
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1555 on: March 01, 2015, 04:55:22 pm »

@Shakerag: Thanks, though I feel like Deus and I being newbies who are still actually good(ish) at the game gives us a massive advantage, since we're expected to give off easier scum tells given our newbishness.
Eh?
That seems like you're underestimating how we judge you because 'newbie'. -_-

I'm interested in seeing Scripten's opinion on my play, too, since he was the IC in my BM. If there were any notable (negative) differences I'd like to correct those ASAP.
...How's about NOT MAKING A CASE FULLY ON ACTIVITY? >:(
That was bloody annoying there, and very undefendable.
Especially since it comes off like 'I ignore anything you say and you're scum because of that.[/withnoreasonswhatsoeveronWhy]'

My god.  First of all, I told you all I was town.  But, yeah, I was playing a pretty shitty game.

Secondly, I was 95% certain Jim/ZU were scum.  Damn.  Go back to being an aggressive asshole Jim; it's throwing off my reads.

UXLZ, you played a masterful scum game.  I don't think I suspected you once. 

Deus, you too.  Well done. 

I entertained the notion that Toaster could be scum, but that's just more from knowing his experience level and automatically suspecting him.
I thought you were town. c:
And I did not base my reads on activity much...
« Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 04:58:17 pm by Tiruin »

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #1556 on: March 01, 2015, 06:04:19 pm »

Of course I'd attack someone on a point they can't defend against, it's a point they can't defend against. = \
[\ignoringalltheotherreasonssure]

Tiruin, you had a town or null read on everyone until Day 3. = \
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1557 on: March 01, 2015, 06:10:47 pm »

Tiruin, you had a town or null read on everyone until Day 3. = \
And you never expounded on this untl later on. I:<
Or made it a big case! This could be a better love story than Twilight basis than...that bit on activity -.-
Hmphy. :I

And yes I do that null reading. I should better align my reads because social pressure dictates such, that I look more 'normal' to not be suspected. Hmmmmph. >_>

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #1558 on: March 01, 2015, 06:24:49 pm »

I think I'm going to stop giving people an ordered list of reads since apparently all that happens is people complain about how most of them are neutral.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1559 on: March 01, 2015, 06:41:50 pm »

I think I'm going to stop giving people an ordered list of reads since apparently all that happens is people complain about how most of them are neutral.
Nah, we need more essence, Jim. :P
They do have a point, but there's also that other bit which is the crux of the purpose of why we have reads.
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106