Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Natural History Musem Challenge (40.24) - It's dead, Jim.  (Read 4827 times)

ptb_ptb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Save file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=10488

Artifacts are in chests in the middle of the ground level. If you take some and die with them, try to remember where you were! :P

[EDIT] Ah. I just noticed that a bunch of dwarf sites were taken over by human civilizations while I was in fortress mode.  >:( We shall have to send a very strongly worded letter to them.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 05:11:37 am by ptb_ptb »
()==[:::::::::::::>

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Save file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=10488

Artifacts are in chests in the middle of the ground level. If you take some and die with them, try to remember where you were! :P

[EDIT] Ah. I just noticed that a bunch of dwarf sites were taken over by human civilizations while I was in fortress mode.  >:( We shall have to send a very strongly worded letter to them.

Indeed.  I shall send a less strongly worded PM to Paaaad to inform him of his turn.
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

Paaaad

• Bay Watcher
  • Mainly a lurker unfortunetley.
    • View Profile

Downloading now. Hope this computer can open the file...

Edit: So far so good! Will be starting as a male human from Fieryconfused named Thad Egaoxa. Won't be many pics i'm afraid- this computer lacks MSPaint for some reason. :-\ Here's hoping loading will go faster in the future...

Edit 2: Well, should still be playable, but the screen is all messed up.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 07:28:59 pm by Paaaad »
Unity! Duty! Destiny!

Does the walker chose the path, or the path the walker?

Paaaad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Collected from Fieryconfused:
   +Bronze Left Gauntlet+ x2
   +Bronze Right Gauntlet+ x2
   +<<+Bronze Breastplate+>>+ (Finely-crafted image of beds in jasper opal)
   Silty Clay Loam
   *<<+Large Rectangular Yellow Jasper Cabochon+>>* (Encircled with bands of finely-crafted sheep bone, adorned with hanging rings of superior quality kunzite)
   +Copper Scimitar+
   +Large Briolette Cut Amethyst+
   +Large Cushion Pink Tourmaline Cabochon+
   +Bronze Cap+
   +Copper Puzzlebox+
   +Copper Toy Axe+
   +Large Briolette Cut Cherry Opal+ (Left at The Organized Shrine)
   +<<+Platinum Bracelet+>>+ (Encrusted with finely-cut rhodolites, decorated with finely-crafted pig hoof, hanging rings of finely-crafted tin)
   +Pig Leather Armor+
   +Jaguar Leather Cape+

Temples in Farmspring: The Church of Squares, The Organized Shrine.

Collected from Sootheowns (Also slept here):
   Soybean Leaf
   Bilberry Leaf
   Garlic Leaf

Slept at Fogseason.

Slept at Mauvecake.

Slept at Paddlebear.

Following coast…

Slept at Stockadearrow.

Collected Kea Mangled Corpse (Damage to skull and right wing) while crossing The Walls of Playing. (Note that this range does in fact reach all the way to the ocean just north of Armorproblems.)

Slept at Minespells.

Found outside the Museum: Two-humped Camel Skeleton.

Summary: 30 Plump Helmets, 1 Plump Helmet Spawn, +Bronze Left Gauntlet+, +Bronze Right Gauntlet+, +<<+Bronze Breastplate+>>+ (Finely-crafted image of beds in jasper opal), Silty Clay Loam (In a Llama Wool Bag), *<<+Large Rectangular Yellow Jasper Cabochon+>>* (Encircled with bands of finely-crafted sheep bone, adorned with hanging rings of superior quality kunzite), +Copper Scimitar+, +Large Briolette Cut Amethyst+, +Large Cushion Pink Tourmaline Cabochon+, +Bronze Cap+, +Copper Puzzlebox+, +Copper Toy Axe+, +<<+Platinum Bracelet+>>+ (Encrusted with finely-cut rhodolites, decorated with finely-crafted pig hoof, hanging rings of finely-crafted tin), +Pig Leather Armor+, +Jaguar Leather Cape+, Soybean Leaf, Bilberry Leaf, Garlic Leaf, Kea Mangled Corpse (Damage to skull and right wing), Two-humped Camel Skeleton (Complete), Copper Spear, and a +<<+Bronze Shield+>>+ (Hanging rings of finely-crafted brass and finely-crafted platinum).

First try, no companions, only one kill.  ;D
Unity! Duty! Destiny!

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's generated using the Phoebus tileset... it substitutes vanilla for other symbols used by the graphics pack.

Also:  Well done!
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 08:05:25 am by Timeless Bob »

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

Paaaad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I just hope I don't loose power...

I have a post-adventure save here if it proves necessary.

Edit: Well shoot... All of the non-metal clothing in the trade depot has either 'x's or 'X's it... And now my Silty Clay Loam is in a pile on the floor instead of in the bag.  ???
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 12:55:52 pm by Paaaad »
Unity! Duty! Destiny!

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I just hope I don't loose power...

I have a post-adventure save here if it proves necessary.

Edit: Well shoot... All of the non-metal clothing in the trade depot has either 'x's or 'X's it... And now my Silty Clay Loam is in a pile on the floor instead of in the bag.  ???

Put the bag in a chest next time, maybe.

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

Paaaad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Natural History Musem (40.24) One more time, and with feeling!
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2015, 07:32:25 pm »

My adventurer instantly died of dehydration when I unretired the museum. D:

Oh, with regard to this, I retired my adventurer with no hunger or thirst, and he still lives. And is listed as 'hostile' for some reason.
Unity! Duty! Destiny!

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Natural History Musem (40.24) One more time, and with feeling!
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2015, 07:38:28 pm »

My adventurer instantly died of dehydration when I unretired the museum. D:

Oh, with regard to this, I retired my adventurer with no hunger or thirst, and he still lives. And is listed as 'hostile' for some reason.

Dwarven etiquette is a complex thing for dwarves, and all but unimaginably alien for non-dwarves.  He's considered "hostile" probably because he forgot to dip his beard in the proper barrel when the cheesesmiths passed by or didn't grab a filthy sock dropped by a coquettish two-hundred year old dwarfette in a bid for his attention.  Think nothing of it.

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

Paaaad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So,  status update.

I've put around two dozen different items (including the remains of a werellama) on display (couldn't get glass making to work smoothly enough, so I used Gem Windows on more then a few. You may want to replace these later.), increased security in the cavern, patched a couple of holes in the superstructure (not sure where that cactus came from...), interred/slabbed several dwarves, and given the administrators their proper rooms. Also, the mining around here is just a mess. Try putting the mines under the fort next time perhaps?
Unity! Duty! Destiny!

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So,  status update.

I've put around two dozen different items (including the remains of a werellama) on display (couldn't get glass making to work smoothly enough, so I used Gem Windows on more then a few. You may want to replace these later.), increased security in the cavern, patched a couple of holes in the superstructure (not sure where that cactus came from...), interred/slabbed several dwarves, and given the administrators their proper rooms. Also, the mining around here is just a mess. Try putting the mines under the fort next time perhaps?

That cactus was pre-existing, I just built the structure around it and removed lower sections as needed.  The cactus happily kept growing from the place it was rooted to in the ceiling, which was a humorous thing.

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

Paaaad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Uploading final save now. I did play two more forts after The Museum itself, but those only lasted about a day or less in-game to fell some trees. Both were Abandoned.

Edit: Save here.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2015, 03:14:08 pm by Paaaad »
Unity! Duty! Destiny!

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

We're in trouble, guys.  Every time I try to open the most recent save in adventure mode, it crashes on me.

I'm gonna have to say adios to this challenge - every time we've tried it, it's broken the game.

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

ptb_ptb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

We're in trouble, guys.  Every time I try to open the most recent save in adventure mode, it crashes on me.

You could get Paad to see if he has some earlier saves.
()==[:::::::::::::>

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Natural History Musem (40.24) - World-breaking challenge
« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2015, 07:55:40 am »

True.  Paaaad:  How about it?

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii
Pages: 1 [2] 3