Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia LII: A damp troll hole - Game Over - Scum win  (Read 49529 times)

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LII: A damp troll hole - Day 3 - A rich stew, a small group
« Reply #360 on: February 13, 2015, 12:38:41 am »

As an aside before I post my reads and stuff: Why is it that for months nothing has happened in my life. Finally I think “I’m doing well enough in school and have a schedule set. I’ll try getting into mafia.” Then the second I do everything happens all at once meaning I can’t really commit the time… Blah… ANYWAYS:

Quote from: The Read List
---Town---
Myself – Very Certain as I have my role PM. I cannot prove I am innocent however and will not try to do so.
Scripted – Rather certain. His posts are filled with content early on and even now have quite a bit of meat to them. He seems to be genuinely hunting for scum which places him as more town leaning in my eyes. The issue being he’s also an IC so it might just be that he looks much better by comparison.

Hector13 – Iffy-Lean Town. He seems more involved and has more solid cases.

Shamrock – Iffy-lean Scum. His cases are generally weaker and I find logical faults with most of his votes which I talk about below.
Zormod – Very Certain. He absolutely refuses to do anything. But it goes beyond lurking. Lurking can be explained. Zormod will literally come in if we poke him a bit to tell us the VERY bare minimum of what we asked. He is active lurking in the extreme.
---Scum---

For that reason I’m voting Zormod for I am certain that he has simply been jerking us around the entire game on purpose.

But let’s also analyze voting patterns for giggles because I took the time to search it.

DAY 1

Scripten:
   Mastahcheese – RVS. No meaning behind it. Just to get his attention.
   Peredon – Voted due to him flipping on Deni.
   Mastahcheese – After a bit of back and forth he votes Cheese because Cheese claims to have acted irrationally to teach new players how to… see someone acting irrationally as a teaching device. Gets really annoyed that Cheese it taking ‘refuge in audacity’.

Shamrock
   Mastahcheese – RVS that… Just sorta stuck there for no real reason I can find.
   Scripten – Because Cheese was being voted by Scripten. Basically he said that Scripten was abusing his authority.

Myself
    Peradon – He OMGUSed (essentially) Deni which I found strange.
   MastahCheese – His shenanigan’s Day 1 with that non-starter gambit on Scripten drew my attention pretty quickly. I was the first to vote him for that.

Hector13
   Origami – Thought he was active lurking.

Zormod
   No Vote – He didn’t vote at all on Day 1 and probably wasn’t even paying attention…

Day 1 Lychee: Mastahcheese (Nerjin, Scripten, and Perdon voted him at the end).
Quote from: My thoughts
Scripten and My reasoning was sound.

Zormod had literally no excuse. Literally none.

Hector sorta had a point but wasn’t there much.

Shamrock was being really defensive of Cheese for some reason. I don’t know why and his arguments weren’t the best but… It was certainly strange.

DAY 2

Hector 13
   Origami – For being eager to see day end. I didn’t notice him acting that way myself. Also states that Origami will drop a case the second he is challenged on it. Fair assessment.

Scripten
   Origami – For being… something? As far as I can tell he was acting far too incompetent for Scripten’s liking considering they’ve played together before.

Shamrock
   Peredon – For getting on my case but not actually doing anything himself. Essentially thought he was trying to start wagons.

Myself
   Zormod – For lurking like a little lich lopsidedly limping to a land with little activity. HE WAS UBERLURKING THE ENTIRE GAME but will come in to say something to appear not lurking.

Zormod
   No vote – Because he doesn’t want to draw attention to himself apparently.

Lynchee: Origami (Scripten, Peredon, and Hector13)

Quote from: My Thoughts
Scripten has been on both lynches so far but his reasoning has been decent enough that I see no problem. (Note: not at first, but later on the vote gets a bit more acceptable)

Day 2 was a bust in general unfortunately…

Hector was much the same as Scripten with a decent enough case that I can’t find anything wrong with it.

Zormod is lurking to a win I’m assuming. I think he wants to draw no attention to himself but also not be called as a lurker. His semi-lack of activity supports this in my view.

Shamrock’s vote was just… weird. But I’ve already stated that.

DAY 3

Shamrock
   Scripten – For not explaining why he voted Origami… Which he did.

Myself
   Zormod – Suspected for trying to ‘lurk to victory’
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LII: A damp troll hole - Day 3 - A rich stew, a small group
« Reply #361 on: February 13, 2015, 09:13:32 am »

I'm inclined to agree with Nerjin on Zormod. We told him on D2 that we want more than just a reads list, we want the reasons behind it. Evidently he forgot that for today, and only told us about his read about Scripten when we prompted him.

I don't understand how that can be town motivated.

Zormod
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Comrade Shamrock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: February 13, 2015, 02:12:34 pm »

Scripten:
Sorry but it looks to me like you're trying to gauge how willing everyone else is to lynch me.

Considering your all-game tunnel on me, I'm surprised you can't tell that I'm trying to avoid potentially mislynching you. (If you are even town.) Zormod and Nerjin have already expressed misgivings about your slot, so you can hardly support your assertion that I'm fishing for plurality.
Actually you only had Nerjin's misgivings at the time. Zormod actually hadn't expressed an opinion about unless you count this which isn't terribly indicative of anything.

Zormod:
Who are your top scum picks? Why?
Zormod: Now that we have a day under our belts, what are your thoughts on the other players, and why?
Well, here's something.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Sorry but you just knew about Nerjin's suspicions at the time.

You basically hopped in every so often to make a push and keep the argument going. Maybe I'm wrong. Where were your other contributions to the game, if you were not just a third party scum egging on the interaction?

I was focusing on you and I didn't do much else D1 except to respond to questions addressed to me (there weren't many). D2 I was mostly absent because of life. But yeah you knew this already so nice question.

Nerjin:
Shamrock
   Scripten – For not explaining why he voted Origami… Which he did.
You actually acknowledged the other reasons which I had linked for this vote, you said they weren't great. Also Scripten's reasoning was he wasn't playing as confidently as when OSG was scum (sk not mafia). I wanted a more in depth reason than just his game was crapper than the last time.

Zormod:
It's bloody Lylo and we still have to extract info out of you with a pliers. Seeing as I'm your top scum pick you should also be trying to build a case against me not hanging back and hoping someone else will.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: February 13, 2015, 03:13:33 pm »

And that's hammer!

The rich full stew was bubbling at full power, a warm inviting smell emanating forth. A group of  travelers crossing the mountains wandered in looking for the scent and were added to the pot.

Perhaps the smell was too good. Zormod stuck his head in and started messily slurping it up. Seeing this, two trolls rushed him and tipped him in. When the other two objected, they used their fists. But they didn't even hurt, and the two who killed Zormod not seconds ago used the trolls' strength to flip them up and into the cooking fire. They both breathed sighs of relief, and dropped their disguises. The were some of Sauron's newest creations, a more durable troll, able to travel long distances under the sun, and had just claimed a new outpost for their dark lord.

Scum win. Congrats Hector13 and Comerade Shamrock!

Quicktopic links later today.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LII: A damp troll hole - Game Over - Scum win
« Reply #364 on: February 13, 2015, 03:17:18 pm »

Note: Just figured out why my OP broke.

Edited it from my 3DS to change wo was alive/dead, apparently, and the character limit on my hardware is less than the forum software
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: February 13, 2015, 03:17:31 pm »

Complete town fail.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: February 13, 2015, 03:19:49 pm »

What? I thought there wasnt a hammer.....

Also, that scum play was very very good hector. Well done!
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: February 13, 2015, 03:20:47 pm »

Wait, what?

There most certainly was not supposed to be a hammer... :/

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: February 13, 2015, 03:21:23 pm »

Scripten, in operation overlord, I was demolishing the wiki and using all the tips for a good gambit, good scum play, etc. This gme, I was trying thins out my own way to find my play style.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: February 13, 2015, 03:22:39 pm »

I was pleased with my play in this game, much better than the sprint game.

Top townie on two town players' lists. Cool :))
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: February 13, 2015, 03:23:01 pm »

Not to say I would have expected town to win. Hector13 played a very town game this time, and Comrade had refuge in lurky town Zormod. I might have seen Comrade lynched today, but I would not have expected to end up voting Hector13 in LyLo 2.0.

Good game, everyone. Post-mortem commentary coming when I get to it. :P

Specific requests, anyone?

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: February 13, 2015, 03:24:11 pm »

Yeah, I never suspected you. Though, in retrospect, you hardly ever voted....

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: February 13, 2015, 03:25:11 pm »

Nah, no requests. Just wondering how I did for a town...

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: February 13, 2015, 03:27:35 pm »

I felt like it would be less likely to be scum-read if I kept my vote on the same person, for the same reasons. Because they were good reasons heh. The slow D2 helped that, really.

As for specific questions, there was a point D1 in which Scripten and Mastah were tied on 3 votes each for a lynch. What should a player do in that situation if they're not on either wagon? Should they vote for the player they feel is the scummier of the two?

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: February 13, 2015, 03:30:09 pm »

Scripten, in operation overlord, I was demolishing the wiki and using all the tips for a good gambit, good scum play, etc. This gme, I was trying thins out my own way to find my play style.

Ah, that explains it. I saw your play in Overlord as very strong, so I was constantly seeing you as trying to take refuge in newbieness. I'll have to keep this in mind for future games.

I was pleased with my play in this game, much better than the sprint game.

Top townie on two town players' lists. Cool :))

I am personally really impressed with your play this game, Hector13. I occasionally considered the idea of you being scum, but I could hardly entertain pushing a lynch on you. I was actually starting to hedge toward a Comrade/Nerjin scumteam, due to Nerjin's lurking. Sadly, activity is not indicative of alignment.

Nah, no requests. Just wondering how I did for a town...

You were quite good! This is your first game, correct?

With that in mind, your logic is sound, your net was cast wide, and I have no hard criticisms with your scumhunting, even when you were not quite on the nose. (Nobody ever hits the mark every time.)

I felt like it would be less likely to be scum-read if I kept my vote on the same person, for the same reasons. Because they were good reasons heh. The slow D2 helped that, really.

As for specific questions, there was a point D1 in which Scripten and Mastah were tied on 3 votes each for a lynch. What should a player do in that situation if they're not on either wagon? Should they vote for the player they feel is the scummier of the two?

Definitely! Unless you're in a game with fairly common/strong power roles, keeping your vote on your strongest scum read is never a bad idea. (Except of course in LyLo when there are hammers.) Assuming you are town, an organic vote is easy to back up. You don't have to dance circles around your logic, so long as you support your choices.

Flabort: Can we get links for the scum and dead chat? I'm curious to see them more than anything.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27