Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia LII: A damp troll hole - Game Over - Scum win  (Read 49555 times)

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LII: A damp troll hole - Game Over - Scum win
« Reply #375 on: February 13, 2015, 03:34:35 pm »

Yeah, its my first game. Night one, I jailed Zormod and night two I jailed Nerjin. Figured one of those would be a scum.
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: February 13, 2015, 03:36:48 pm »

Yeah, its my first game. Night one, I jailed Zormod and night two I jailed Nerjin. Figured one of those would be a scum.

That's one of the problems with Mafia mantras. "Lynch All Lurkers" is great except that scum often know better than to lurk.

"Lynch All Liars" is great until you have a role like bulletproof, where claiming in-thread is actually anti-town, or when you want to see what a player will do in a situation before you actually make that situation happen.

All the others have their own similar caveats and it's tough to work that out save with experience.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: February 13, 2015, 03:39:51 pm »

I can give the link for scumchat, should no-one mind.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Comrade Shamrock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: February 13, 2015, 03:41:15 pm »

Beat you to it Hector.  :P

I await your stern words Scripten.

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: February 13, 2015, 03:41:23 pm »

Yeah, I'll give the link for deadchat too....

http://www.quicktopic.com/51/H/gdM5bgMwiBPS

Comrade Shamrock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: February 13, 2015, 03:46:47 pm »

Hey Scripten I found something about my play that you should to your meta notes.

If Scripten is involved Comrade Shamrock will always attack him D1.  ;D

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: February 13, 2015, 03:55:32 pm »

Beat you to it Hector.  :P

I await your stern words Scripten.

Ah, yes. Thanks for the reminder. So, let's talk a bit about the IC role.

As an IC, it's my responsibility to avoid revealing my alignment (either way) when I'm speaking with my IC text. When you start bringing the advice I'm using as an IC into the context of the game, these roles get muddled. It becomes very difficult for me to give accurate advice without potentially revealing that I'm town. When you're town and you truly believe something, I can't really fault you for talking about these subjects, but using that as a scum tactic is against the spirit of newbie games, IMO. I know it seems like I'm trying to restrict people playing to their own styles, but in a newbie game, said new players need to be able to have as uncontaminated a source as possible for advice. Hence why I'm not too bothered by Mastahcheese, since he truly believed that he was teaching new players and was town, but I'm not particularly thrilled with seeing it used by scum to misdirect newbie town.

Also, holy crap I just read scum chat. You guys were a nominal scum team, newbie game notwithstanding. Superb job, both of you. (My complaints against subverting the IC role notwithstanding.)

And totally taking that into account, Comrade. You may have become my... NEMESIS. (dun dun duunnnnnn)

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: February 13, 2015, 04:03:06 pm »

Gah.... you WERE buddying me hector.........

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: February 13, 2015, 04:06:07 pm »

Yeah... mastah scared the poop out me when one of his first mentions of that particular episode was that I was scum.

Then the rest of his post kinda made me feel a bit better :))

I'm not happy with the way I dealt with that one, necessarily, when Scripten brought it up, and I was all "oh er... I'm kinda new, so I'll refer you to the only other game I've played and say I was the same in that too." since the idea is to learn, but ah well. I'll take it!
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Comrade Shamrock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: February 13, 2015, 04:18:03 pm »

And totally taking that into account, Comrade. You may have become my... NEMESIS. (dun dun duunnnnnn)
Next game we play we'll be masons or scum together. I just know it.  :D

Also I've tripled the construction of my fortress. You'll never take me alive.

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: February 13, 2015, 04:21:09 pm »

"Not sure if you want to claim cop.

It would have to be a N2 result on Scripten, since you voted for Peradon D2, and that wouldn't make sense if you knew he was scum. You didn't target Peradon N1 either, seeing as he's a jailor, and again, you voted for him D2.

Unless I claim... how do you feel about that?

Seeing as Scripten sees me as most town, anyway... might be a good idea for me to claim."

God I wish you guys had pulled this. I will admit that I'm pretty sad about the not-quite-a-hammer end to the game, since there was much opportunity for more shenanigans.

Next game we play we'll be masons or scum together. I just know it.  :D

Also I've tripled the construction of my fortress. You'll never take me alive.

We would be a terrifying scumteam. Actually, over on Ms.net, there're hydras, which are accounts used by two players at the same time. I'm just envisioning a Comrade/Scripten hydra.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: February 13, 2015, 04:24:41 pm »

I was disinclined to claim (though I was working on the foundations of setting it up) because Shamrock didn't like the idea, and I've never had a cop role before so I wasn't sure about the mechanics of it enough to actually be comfortable with a claim and the ensuing questions.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: February 13, 2015, 05:41:03 pm »

Hmmm... I may have misinterpreted the rule abou LYLO situations and hammers.

reason I hadn't posted links yet is I'm at work.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Comrade Shamrock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: February 13, 2015, 09:12:23 pm »

We would be a terrifying scumteam. Actually, over on Ms.net, there're hydras, which are accounts used by two players at the same time. I'm just envisioning a Comrade/Scripten hydra.
Would be very confusing for someone who didn't know about hydra's.

Hmmm... I may have misinterpreted the rule abou LYLO situations and hammers.

reason I hadn't posted links yet is I'm at work.
Quick everyone the game isn't over pretend none of this ever happened and we'll continue.  :D

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: February 13, 2015, 09:30:13 pm »

If the game is in a LYLO or MYLO situation, there will be no formal deadline. >50% Players must vote to end the day, or votes must not change for 24-hours.
Hmmm...
Yeah, that does seem easy to misinterpret, as I did. I assumed it meant once >50% of Players have voted, the day ends. >.>

The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27