Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Did you realize what was going on before The End?

Yes
- 3 (33.3%)
No
- 6 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16

Author Topic: [SG] Arise, ye slaves! Meet your god  (Read 43752 times)

Terra162

• Bay Watcher
  • Slubberdegullon!
    • View Profile
Re: [SG] Arise, ye slaves!
« Reply #180 on: February 02, 2015, 11:24:21 pm »

Ambush. +1

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: February 03, 2015, 12:59:21 pm »

I gotta come up with better system simulating fights. This one took way too long.

You give your knives to the new recruits, put beat stick on your bag and pull out the bigger kill wand. Hector and two recruits go to the broken wall and hide there. You, Kar and other two go to actual door and set up ambush there. Then waiting starts.

Hector's team occasionally peek out and reports any changes. Two more carriages arrives and warriors are mostly just standing behind those and pointing their kill wands at the house. They are wearing an armor, heavier than one that was at your master's house. There's one warrior who seems to be standing front of others. One of the higher ranking warriors, as Hector identifies its slave.

Waiting continues. They don't seem very eager to come in. Sun is about one quarter up from horizon when warriors finally do something. One sprints closer and throws in a small item through broken wall. The item doesn't do anything beyond just swirling on floor. Hector shouts that two are coming up with a gate breaker. You remember your master training with those few times. Arm long cylinders, capable of crushing gates down with few good hits. They are definitely coming through main doors.

And so they do! You aim your wand at the doors and prepare carefully. The door opens and you activate the wand, hitting the first one at chest and killing it instantly. You completely miss the second one, who uses its kill wand at Kar, but thankfully misses. Next one warrior hits your recruit into arm. It mostly just harms flesh of dead master but one hole clips his arm. Not that it bothers recruit too much.
Fourth warrior attacks your big ass blade recruit at legs, the very same leg you attacked his master. This warrior however hits eeklost as well, sharrering his leg. He tries to retaliate but losing his balance makes him miss his swing.
Fifth warrior and your another recruit attack each other but both dodge in synchronized movement.
Kar tries to use thread torture device on master but misses. And at this point it becomes messy battle royale, everyone attacking nearest enemy, switching opponets and finally your side just swarming over few remaining warriors.

Result this fight was messy, but your side won overhelmingly. However it did cost you one life, one of the recruits from this house died while fighting.
Your left leg was shattered completely, but you got your revenge right away. Flesh of your dead master is is still holding together your leg, but it needs supported if you want to walk anywhere.
You gained 10 slaves of warriors and their equipment. You know few of these guys. One of them got his arm completely cut off by that recruit with big ass blade.
One recruit got hurt very bad. His left arm was shattered as well as his spine, and few of his ribs are broken. Master's flesh is handy in cases like this since it manages to keep everything still together.
Recruit with big blade got his left leg shattered.
Hector's left leg is in slight pain, but otherwise he's good.

Over all this is quite powerup in your fighting capability. With amount of torn throats and holes in chest you can't hope to disguise these guys as normal masters. Well, except Kar and two of new warrior recruits whose masters were killed relatively cleanly.

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Skills (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Followers equipment (click to show/hide)

Companions: Kar, Hector, 2 adults, 1 blade master, 10 warrior slaves
Slaves freed: 37
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: February 03, 2015, 03:39:18 pm »

Messy......

So who thinks it was worth it?

Let's reattach that guys arm, also give broken bones some casts or something of the like. Cloth might work if tied right.
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: February 03, 2015, 05:02:42 pm »

Me cause they will heal and become stronger

Terra162

• Bay Watcher
  • Slubberdegullon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: February 04, 2015, 12:21:36 am »

10 - 1 = 9 more than we originally had, totally worth it. If we're not willing to risk our life why should our followers? It was worth it.

Let's create a make shift hospital on the second floor for those injured. Set the two normal looking masters as sentries outside the house for guards and have Kar scout the area to make sure no more are coming.

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: February 04, 2015, 12:53:30 am »

No, more will come. We need to get out of here!
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: February 04, 2015, 06:15:18 am »

No, more will come. We need to get out of here!

Agreed. We should evacuate right a way.

Take everything in the house and then snag  a carriage or too....we can't go back to our tower with them....leave the city. (For now)

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: February 04, 2015, 12:32:59 pm »

"More might come. We need to leave and hide as soon as possible! Look the house for more weapons and try to set bones of wounded. Once that is done we will leave the city temporarily."

Your people nod and start working. They break some tables and chairs for casts and tie them on broken limbs with transparent pieces of cloth. The one guy with broken spine is a challence to help because nobody really knows how to handle it. Two guys will carry him around until someone gets a good idea.

Looting the house yields two more of those very large blades and three axes and handful of small blades. No kill wands though. Nobody can get those carriages working, not even Kar who has most experience with them. Well, it's not like you need need those anyway. You yell at the people in Hector's house to come along.

Getting out of the town is a bit of problem. Majority of the city is in east and north, so that way is out. On south is a valley and river going to north-west. On west is a bridge over the valley (going north east), but it also goes over the land so you have no way to get up there. You can't even see how far it goes because number of builings blocking your sight. And further on west there's a ocean.
Angle of the slope into the valley is low enough that you can descend it with assistance. You don't really have good options here. Descending and ascending the valley is doable, but the river on its bottom is a major problem.
The forest where your master died is in south east on other side of valley and there's two bridges over it, but those are rather far away.

In hindsight using Hector's house might have not been so good idea.

So, is it down into river? Or can you see other options here? Something unorthodox maybe?

Companions: Kar, Hector, 8 adults, 1 blade master, 10 ex-warriors, 1 child.
Slaves freed: 37?
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: February 04, 2015, 01:26:55 pm »

What's our curent location? How close are we to well...everything else?

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: February 04, 2015, 03:20:50 pm »

Here's a map. Walk from "first break in" to current location took about hour of no so fast walking. One and half from tower.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Old sigs.
Games.

Terra162

• Bay Watcher
  • Slubberdegullon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: February 04, 2015, 05:12:16 pm »

Why don't we go to the first break in house, then the tower, and afterwards see what's around us from the height advantage?

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: [SG] Arise, ye slaves! Bad decisions
« Reply #191 on: February 06, 2015, 12:10:08 pm »

You change your mind about getting out of the city. Instead you decide to go back into heart of the city.

Your posse of free slaves follows you as you lead them. It's a bit odd here. Normally by this time roads would be filled with carriages and masters going on their business, but streets are completely empty, devoid of all signs of life. It worries you deeply. Perhaps... perhaps masters have noticed? Regardless, you continue.

When you reach the house where you discovered the art of breaking walls Kar questions if it is wise to continue deeper into city.
"Don't question me! I was chosen by god to lead us into freedom, and I'm following divine inspiration here."
"I don't care about god who sold us into slavery in first place! This is obviously very dangerous path we are treading. We should have gone south to the forests!"

You stop to discuss about place of divine call in grand strategy. Discussion doesn't go for long before you are interrupted by large number masters. They are coming from every direction, except the forest in north. Mostly heavily armored and armed warriors on foot, some on bigger carriages and "Water mages!"

You remember those. Your master once participated in big hunt together with water mages. They control water, obviously, and launch it at their opponents with great power. No master could stand front their power, they were sent tumbling backwards when directed burst of water hit them.

This isn't good. They outnumber you by 1 to 10 and are wearing better armor than those you fought not long ago.

Companions: Kar, Hector, 8 adults, 1 blade master, 10 ex-warriors, 1 child.
Slaves freed: 37
Old sigs.
Games.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: February 06, 2015, 12:16:32 pm »

And this is why we should have left the city, I should have objected to going back sooner.... :-\ to late now, fight carefully, slowly move back in a retreat while useing kill wands and thread launchers. also can we see that map again with our current location?

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: February 06, 2015, 12:27:11 pm »

It wouldn't really mattered at this point which direction you went. Bad decisions were already made.

Previous map updated with current location.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 12:33:08 pm by AoshimaMichio »
Old sigs.
Games.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: February 06, 2015, 01:18:38 pm »

But we're are we? I see locations. Not us. Can we get a... Let's go with purple dot showing our location?
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16