Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: lets make a mod for...  (Read 12789 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: lets make a mod for...
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2015, 10:24:26 pm »

Try giving it [EQUIPS].
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2015, 11:43:50 pm »

that worked.....hehehehheh
HAHAHAHAHHAHAh

once you meet up with them though (including yourself) reality ensures and the cloths start to gain heat....then burst into flames....this includes back packs...

I have looked at material and item tokens but I still ave no idea of what im doing. would someone be kind enough to make (and explain) a thread that can withstand the heat of magma, this thread should be able to be made ONLY by fire men by taking ash to a loom, fire men are magic so they can weave thread from the stuff. this thread will be made into ash cloth, this cloth will be what the fire men make cloths out of, the only other cloth they will be able to make is adamantine cloth.

also after finding I could just waltz right into a necro tower and talk to the necros, and read books in peace I removed not [not living] from fire men. fire men are now valid targets for zombie attacks. I would guess that they can now be MADE into zombies as well.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 12:10:35 am by endlessblaze »
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent at Incompetency.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2015, 08:32:15 am »

I think that [CANNOT_UNDEAD] should do the trick for that.
I do stuff, I guess

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2015, 08:59:47 am »

I think CANNOT_UNDEAD is outdated. However you can just skip UNDEAD_CANDIDATE in entity file and that will do the trick.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2015, 10:13:12 am »

ok so lets vote, who thinks they should be valid targets for zombies

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent at Incompetency.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2015, 10:34:41 am »

Personally I thought that they left a bar of ash as a corpse, but if it is intelligent and leaves a corpse, it should zombiefiable.

Anyway, for the thread thing, set the [IGNITE_POINT] above magma temperature, that is the tag that controls when something catches fire.
I do stuff, I guess

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2015, 10:36:41 am »

oh right they do leave ash,,,,but if you cut the limbs of you get fire man arm flames....

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2015, 11:04:31 am »

You could always mod in asbestos fibers so that they have something to wear.  A fantasy plant or three that yields fire-proof cloth would also be helpful.  Remember that all intelligent creatures have a hardcoded desire to cover their upper body, lower body and stance parts.  Even though Fire Men use the HUMANOID_SIMPLE body plan, they do have all of those parts.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2015, 12:11:41 pm »

yha.....ok lets vote

ash cloth- made from ashes

or

a fire proof plant cloth

or both

oh and I am pleased to announce that the fire man children are functional, though I would like to make them smaller than grown fire men that can wait until we get the more important things like cloth down....
« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 01:29:24 pm by endlessblaze »

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2015, 01:45:10 pm »

guys....please make the ash cloth ....

it should be able to withstand the temperature of magma
 if possible make it so that only firemen can make it, then explain how you did it.

once that is done the first public playtest should be ready.

The Mystical Tim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2015, 03:02:18 pm »

I find it strange you suggest the animal people should be like Elves. Should they not be similar to the animals they're based on? I thought they needed better abilities myself, and so far I've given the Ant Men a 'proper' civ. They spawn on plains, can live anywhere none freezing, can smelt ore yet not alloys, default to cities yet will live in caves/detailed caves, build underground tunnels and value Loyalty, Family, Co-operation and hard-work best and hate the independent spirit. They've proven themselves to survive on small worlds with short histories and build decent sized territories. As I wouldn't intend to replace the 4 vanilla races as the main races, the amount possible to be placed on the world is halved.

Personally, I would make the Bat and Rodent Men slightly better by giving them the ability to live in caves, thieve and babysnatch, along with basic smelting ability. I'd also make the Amphibian Man and/or Green tree frog man better by allowing them to make cities in Jungles and Swamps. They would use wooden spears and blowguns.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2015, 04:29:57 pm »

if possible make it so that only firemen can make it, then explain how you did it.

I've been toying about with it, but it's looking like you will need custom reactions to make ash cloth.

Ash is a hard-coded material, so it is not possible to alter it within the raws, and by default only plant cloth, animal yarn, and silk is accepted as a clothing material at the clothiers, and only metal, more specifically adamantine, is accepted at the forges.

However, reactions and buildings are permitted on a per-entity basis, so it would be possible to make it so that only the fire-people could use them.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2015, 09:09:03 pm »

I've been toying about with it, but it's looking like you will need custom reactions to make ash cloth.

Ash is a hard-coded material, so it is not possible to alter it within the raws, and by default only plant cloth, animal yarn, and silk is accepted as a clothing material at the clothiers, and only metal, more specifically adamantine, is accepted at the forges.

However, reactions and buildings are permitted on a per-entity basis, so it would be possible to make it so that only the fire-people could use them.

think you can do that and then explain it for me? the wiki has lots of info but sometimes it fails at telling you how to apply it.

but once I get the hang of it I should do ok....after all I can already do basic java script and HTML so this shouldn't be to hard once I get the hang of it.

I find it strange you suggest the animal people should be like Elves. Should they not be similar to the animals they're based on? I thought they needed better abilities myself, and so far I've given the Ant Men a 'proper' civ. They spawn on plains, can live anywhere none freezing, can smelt ore yet not alloys, default to cities yet will live in caves/detailed caves, build underground tunnels and value Loyalty, Family, Co-operation and hard-work best and hate the independent spirit. They've proven themselves to survive on small worlds with short histories and build decent sized territories. As I wouldn't intend to replace the 4 vanilla races as the main races, the amount possible to be placed on the world is halved.

Personally, I would make the Bat and Rodent Men slightly better by giving them the ability to live in caves, thieve and babysnatch, along with basic smelting ability. I'd also make the Amphibian Man and/or Green tree frog man better by allowing them to make cities in Jungles and Swamps. They would use wooden spears and blowguns.

so what your saying is that different animal men should have different entities instead of one entity?

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2015, 10:24:43 pm »

Alright, I'll show a few example reactions, and briefly explain how they work for you.

This first one takes a bar of ash and turns it into a piece of thread.
Code: [Select]
[REACTION:MAKE_ASH_THREAD]
[NAME:make ash thread]
[BUILDING:KILN:NONE]
[REAGENT:A:150:BAR:NONE:ASH:NONE]
[PRODUCT:100:1:THREAD:NONE:ASH:NONE][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:15000]
[SKILL:SMELT]

REACTION is to start a reaction definition, and also gives the reaction its ID, which is used for when you go to add the reaction to an entity. To add a reaction to an entity, you put the tag [PERMITTED_REACTION:ID] within the entity definition.

NAME is to define the name of the reaction, which is how it will be displayed in the workshop, in-game.

BUILDING defines the workshop that the reaction takes place in, and also accepts a second argument to select the reaction by pressing a key on the keyboard while looking at the workshop in-game. This reaction has no associated key, so it is given the argument of NONE.

REAGENT is to define the item that is put into the reaction. Its arguments are, in order, their ID, the quantity, the item type, the sub-item-type, the material, and the sub-material. Some items have odd quantity amounts, and in this example, the bar is given an amount of 150, as that is the amount of a single bar.

PRODUCT is the item created by the reaction. Its arguments are, in order, the chance of the product being created, which is usually 100, but can be less, the amount created, the quantity, the item type, the sub-item-type, the material, and the sub-material.

For product items of unusual size, you will add a tag which alters the products dimension, rather than directly changing the amount created. Cloth and thread both have rather large sizes.

Finally, the SKILL token will determine which skill is used to run the reaction. This tag is not needed, but without it, no skills will be increased by the reaction, and the result will never have any quality levels.

[REACTION:MAKE_ASH_CLOTH]
[NAME:make ash cloth]
[REAGENT:A:15000:THREAD:NONE:ASH:NONE]
[PRODUCT:100:1:CLOTH:NONE:ASH:NONE][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:10000]

[REACTION:MAKE_ASH_TOGA]
[NAME:make ash toga]
[REAGENT:A:10000:CLOTH:NONE:ASH:NONE]
[PRODUCT:100:1:ARMOR:ITEM_ARMOR_TOGA:ASH:NONE]

And here is two reactions; one makes the ashen thread into cloth, and the other takes one ashen cloth and uses it to make a toga. Though I worry that there may be some stockpiling issues with this.

Some helpful wiki links I'm including in case you may need or want them include the item token list, the material token list, and the reaction page.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 10:32:23 pm by BlackFlyme »

The Mystical Tim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2015, 05:02:41 am »

so what your saying is that different animal men should have different entities instead of one entity?

Aye. Using the Ants as an example again, I don't think it would make sense for a creature whose regular counterpart is (for many species) quite territorial and works in organised groups to be bracketed along with several very different species that have completely different social systems and potential industrial capacity (I would imagine Ant people would be fond of industry, as it would make the colony more prosperous).

Of course, it all depends on whether or not you want to give every, single animal man a civ. Then you would have to group them into similar sets and assign them to their relevant entities. I would primarily focus on building at least one civ that's exclusively native for each biome, with a couple of multi biome ones thrown in to boot.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6