Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: lets make a mod for...  (Read 12762 times)

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
Re: lets make a mod for...
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2015, 04:52:22 pm »

or we could group them based on certain  factors, territorial animal men, amphibious animal men, aggressive animal men, ect

oh and ummmm....I put the reaction in....not working, im guessing im missing some item token? and should a remove the [subtrainenain clothing] from the entity? should I remove the [clothing] tag (im guessing not on that second one)
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 05:08:54 pm by endlessblaze »
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

The Mystical Tim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2015, 05:18:18 pm »

or we could group them based on certain  factors, territorial animal men, amphibious animal men, aggressive animal men, ect

I do apologise, that was pretty much what I was getting at. I'm also a bit stumped with what I'm going to do with bat-men. I imagined them as flying Kobolds with wooden weapons but it's proving really tempting to turn them into nocturnal defenders of JUSTICE with access to the best materials in the game.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2015, 05:26:41 pm »

you make a good point... but they will probably get shot down by fireballs if they fight the fire men.

speaking of fire men I want to ask.

should fire men need some sort of food to survive? like when they eat they burn the food as fuel? or should we jut go and say fire men don't need fuel because magic.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2015, 05:28:00 pm »

oh and ummmm....I put the reaction in....not working, im guessing im missing some item token? and should a remove the [subtrainenain clothing] from the entity? should I remove the [clothing] tag (im guessing not on that second one)

How is it not working?

[SUBTERRANEAN_CLOTHING] allows entities to make clothing out of subterranean materials such as cave-spider silk or pig-tail fibres, while [CLOTHING] allows them to make clothing out of above ground materials such as brown recluse silk or rope reed fibre.

As ash is not a cloth, yarn, silk, or metal strand material, entities may not actually use it in world-gen. Though you should be able to use it in your fort if the reactions were set up properly.

should fire men need some sort of food to survive? like when they eat they burn the food as fuel? or should we jut go and say fire men don't need fuel because magic.

There are tags that limit what a creature can eat, though it may make upkeep on your citizens a bit difficult. Having them not eat would be a bit too easy though, and they would not get thoughts from eating.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 05:29:50 pm by BlackFlyme »

The Mystical Tim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2015, 05:36:05 pm »

Well, they live in the magma at the bottom of the map. You could increase the temperature tolerance of plump helmets or have them hunt magma crabs.... yet those can't be butchered. Actually, they're made of fire, so you could say that they are eating the oxygen in the air to keep themselves alight. So yeah, magic; I can't think of anything you could use as their foodstuffs.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2015, 08:33:55 pm »

How is it not working?

[SUBTERRANEAN_CLOTHING] allows entities to make clothing out of subterranean materials such as cave-spider silk or pig-tail fibres, while [CLOTHING] allows them to make clothing out of above ground materials such as brown recluse silk or rope reed fibre.

As ash is not a cloth, yarn, silk, or metal strand material, entities may not actually use it in world-gen. Though you should be able to use it in your fort if the reactions were set up properly.

There are tags that limit what a creature can eat, though it may make upkeep on your citizens a bit difficult. Having them not eat would be a bit too easy though, and they would not get thoughts from eating.

the ash cloth and toga wont show up in arena mode, I assume its not working....

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2015, 09:08:27 pm »

Oh, arena mode. It likely won't show up, as it is a non-standard material.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2015, 09:14:27 pm »

it wont? that's a little odd....

and if I remove clothing and subterranean clothing will they still be able to ware ash cloth?

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2015, 09:23:04 pm »

Not really odd. Reactions won't have any affect on the mode, aside from adventurer reactions, which can be used when you are directly controlling a unit.

As I mentioned before, I am not certain if they will use the ash cloth outside of player-made forts, as ash is not a proper clothing material. Though an actual test should probably be done.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2015, 09:53:35 pm »

im testing it now, they all embarked with non-ash clothing,  (with predictable results)  and i am  seting up work shop to see if it will work here.

is there a tag to designate proper clothing material?
if we cant change ash (I think you said it was hard coded) then maybe we could make a material called mystic ash and have that be made from normal ash, kind of like alloys?

edit-
CARP! i just realized that even though i put in the ash cloth and ash toga (and shirt and trousers by changing it a little) i for got permitted reaction: ash thread......now i need to re-gen and do this again,....

« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 10:09:12 pm by endlessblaze »

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 21, 2015, 10:35:34 pm »

is there a tag to designate proper clothing material?
if we cant change ash (I think you said it was hard coded) then maybe we could make a material called mystic ash and have that be made from normal ash, kind of like alloys?

I'd imagine there are a few potential tags that could make them usable for that. The following tags come to mind:

[SILK]
[LEATHER]
[YARN]
[THREAD_PLANT]
[STOCKPILE_THREAD_METAL]

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #41 on: January 22, 2015, 03:46:01 am »

If you haven't decided yet, definitely make Shroom People replace humans. Squishy, numerous, agricultural... it all fits.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 22, 2015, 08:18:37 am »

Ash clothing is working although they won't embark with it.

If you haven't decided yet, definitely make Shroom People replace humans. Squishy, numerous, agricultural... it all fits.

Your right....that does kinda fit....
All in favor?

edit-

AHEM! >:( all in favor!?

edit again.

BWAHAHAhahahhaha......I seem to have messed up with the ash cloth again! this time I noticed that whenever I put in the order for ash trousers I get a random ash wearable instead, some even have descriptors like bulky, square and the like.

square ash breastplate.
bulky ash coat.

either the reaction has a typo or I made a typo when putting it in entity file.
maybe the ash cloth is mad because I intend to change it into mystic ash cloth when we get that?

(I should put current goals and request in the OP)
« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 05:38:48 pm by endlessblaze »

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 23, 2015, 05:25:18 pm »

If it is giving random results, then there is something wrong with the reactions.

Anyways, here is an alternate to ash. It's a plant called mystic ash, and only exists for the sake of cloth.
Code: [Select]
plant_mystic_ash

[OBJECT:PLANT]

[PLANT:MYSTIC_ASH]
[NAME:mystic ash][NAME_PLURAL:mystic ashes][ADJ:ashen]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:THREAD:THREAD_PLANT_TEMPLATE]
[THREAD:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:THREAD]
[MATERIAL_VALUE:5]
[IGNITE_POINT:NONE]
[MELTING_POINT:NONE]
[BOILING_POINT:NONE]
[HEATDAM_POINT:NONE]
[COLDDAM_POINT:NONE]

It's a dummy plant of sorts. Won't grow anywhere, and you cannot plant it. It's only use is to be a reference for reactions when they pull the thread material from it. Though if this does not work, I'll see if there is more I can do.

And here are some alterations on the reactions I posted before.
[REACTION:MAKE_ASH_THREAD]
[NAME:make ash thread]
[BUILDING:KILN:NONE]
[REAGENT:A:150:BAR:NONE:ASH:NONE]
[PRODUCT:100:1:THREAD:NONE:PLANT_MAT:MYSTIC_ASH:THREAD][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:15000]
[SKILL:SMELT]

[REACTION:MAKE_ASH_CLOTH]
[NAME:make ash cloth]
[REAGENT:A:15000:THREAD:NONE:PLANT_MAT:MYSTIC_ASH:THREAD]
[PRODUCT:100:1:CLOTH:NONE:PLANT_MAT:MYSTIC_ASH:THREAD][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:10000]

[REACTION:MAKE_ASH_TOGA]
[NAME:make ash toga]
[REAGENT:A:10000:CLOTH:NONE:PLANT_MAT:MYSTIC_ASH:THREAD]
[PRODUCT:100:1:ARMOR:ITEM_ARMOR_TOGA:ASH:NONE]

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 24, 2015, 07:26:50 pm »

Ummm how are we going to get the ash if the plant can't be obtained?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6