Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Tallow is Delicious  (Read 3853 times)

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tallow is Delicious
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2015, 10:56:37 am »

Rendered pork fat is amazing, as is true with most pork products.  I save it any time I make bacon, and use it most times I might otherwise need butter or oil.

Beef tallow is a little bit like eating a candle.  Try some pemmican sometime.

Kamamura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2015, 05:09:01 pm »

Any food high in calories tastes delicious.

That's what kept us alive back in times of scarcity... and that's what kills us today in the time of abundance.
The entire content consists of senseless murder, a pile of faceless naked women and zero regard for human life in general, all in the service of the protagonist's base impulses. It is clearly a cry for help from a neglected, self absorbed and disempowered juvenile badly in need of affectionate guidance. What a sad, sad display.

Thisfox

• Bay Watcher
  • Vixen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2015, 04:16:10 am »

We make lamb tallow candles. They smell slightly of lamb chops, but nothing too bad.

Animal fat instead of vegetable fat as shortening in shortbread biscuits, shortcrust pastry, and so on, is very traditional. It's delicious, healthy, and stores well. It's actually a very good preservative.
Mules gotta spleen. Dwarfs gotta eat.
Thisfox likes aquifers, olivine, Forgotten Beasts for their imagination, & dorfs for their stupidity. She prefers to consume gin & tonic. She absolutely detests Facebook.
"Urist McMason died out of pure spite to make you wonder why he was suddenly dead"
Oh god... Plump Helmet Man Mimes!

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2015, 08:31:32 pm »

I like pork scratchings. Delicious little salt bombs.

Usually the lard/tallow/other rendered fat I make is from whole roast chicken. Not only does it make a useful cooking ingredient, it pots the more perishable pan scrapings. If I'm cooking with belly pork or something like it, the tissue and the fat get separated before going into the final dish. I like the flavour that fat gives to a portion of meat, but I can't stand it when it's in one soft string that catches on the back of your tongue and wraps around your teeth.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.
Pages: 1 [2]