Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 82

Author Topic: If you combined the last two games you played, what would you get?  (Read 130351 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: If you combined the last two games you played, what would you get?
« Reply #1050 on: December 03, 2018, 05:35:56 pm »

You've got to clean up after yourself after gibbing the farmers.

That could be an interesting way of forcing the player to acknowledge that what they’re doing might not be too morally acceptable...

But I’m not sure how to keep that from being tedious. Maybe make it so you do things like revisit levels or even set up base in there, and the corpses/their remains probably look pretty ugly and ruin the atmosphere?
Give them a mission to clean up (or even bury!) the farmers, but it's optional and has no reward.
It remains on the mission list, as a reminder of what you did and probably walked away from.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: December 03, 2018, 06:05:12 pm »

That could be an interesting way of forcing the player to acknowledge that what they’re doing might not be too morally acceptable...

But I’m not sure how to keep that from being tedious. Maybe make it so you do things like revisit levels or even set up base in there, and the corpses/their remains probably look pretty ugly and ruin the atmosphere?
Give them a mission to clean up (or even bury!) the farmers, but it's optional and has no reward.
It remains on the mission list, as a reminder of what you did and probably walked away from.

For ultimate bothering, give it a permanent quest marker until you bury them, but include a Steam achievement for completing the game without burying them!

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: December 04, 2018, 02:08:06 pm »

For ultimate bothering, give it a permanent quest marker until you bury them, but include a Steam achievement for completing the game without burying them!

See, I don't achievement so this is an easy dilemma for me.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

drilltooth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: December 05, 2018, 04:06:53 pm »

Black Ice and Minecraft...

Open-world voxel sandbox game of cyberpunk hacking, gather the data, improve your tools. and take down the next corp. for fun, for profit, or just to make your own corner of the infosphere better. the choice is yours, as is how you go about it.
Pinkie pie cancels cook: taken by mood.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: December 05, 2018, 04:08:54 pm »

Black Ice and Minecraft...

Open-world voxel sandbox game of cyberpunk hacking, gather the data, improve your tools. and take down the next corp. for fun, for profit, or just to make your own corner of the infosphere better. the choice is yours, as is how you go about it.
But first, you need to build your own computer out of bricks and redstone.

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #1055 on: December 19, 2018, 08:58:14 pm »

Planetside 2 and Morrowind.

Actually, I think they work pretty well together.

Three Great Houses (New Conglomerate Hlaalu, Terran Republic Redoran and Vanu Sovereignty Telvanni) duke it out for the control of Vardenfell. You are a low ranking member of one of the houses, and your job is to take over all the myriad settlements on the island or die trying.
Choose your preferred style of combat: Are you in light, medium or heavy armour? Or perhaps none at all? Do you wield sword and shield? Or an axe? A spear? Perhaps you prefer bows and crossbows? Or do you prefer magic? Hurl firey death at your foes, heal your team mates, turn invisible, and use mark/recall to get the drop on your enemy. Just be aware that your magicka reserves are limited and don't regenerate. Swear repeatedly as you randomly hit and miss due to the archaic combat mechanics!
Felled in battle? Don't worry! You can respawn at the nearest Tribunal temple your faction controls!
Don't forget to pick every last flower and herb you come across. Alchemy is overpowered.
There are some PvE elements too. With periodic Alerts, you can venture beyond the Ghostfence or delve into Dwemer ruins or Chimer strongholds with your team mates in the search of rare loot that will give your House an advantage, or unlock new gear for you. Just be careful of the other Houses, they want the same loot you do, and they're not likely to share it with you.
Beware the cliffracers. They're everywhere.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2018, 09:02:51 pm by Dutrius »
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: December 19, 2018, 09:07:22 pm »

Beware the cliffracers. They're everywhere.
I saw a skyknight the other day.  Horrible creatures, I avoid them whenever I can.
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: December 19, 2018, 09:49:52 pm »

New Vegas and Dwarf Fortress. Huh.

A Fallout-themed Dwarf Fortress mod either managing Wastelanders, Enclave Remnants, or Vault Dwellers. Probably the last one to account for stupidity. NCR and Legion caravans always arrive the same season and routinely traumatize everyone by killing eachother in the trade depot/outside the main entrance. Raiders donate their shitty weapons to be sold to wastelanders. Feral ghouls lurk an expansive cave systems created by some gigantic mutant worms in place of metro tunnels, and diminutive mutants and desperate outcasts try to steal the settlement's shit.

Not gonna lie, I'd love a decent Fallout mod. I'd probably be able to get a couple friends into Dwarf Fortress with one.

Also hi everyone, I don't come down here often. *returns to the upper boards from whence he came.*

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: December 19, 2018, 09:56:53 pm »

Welcome!  I haven't been on the upper boards much recently, but I know there *was* a popular Fallout mod... Ah, by Deon of course.  I don't know if there's anything like it for newer versions.  I'm still occasionally attempting to adapt to 2012 DF so yeah.
She/they

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: December 19, 2018, 10:21:19 pm »

Welcome!  I haven't been on the upper boards much recently, but I know there *was* a popular Fallout mod... Ah, by Deon of course.  I don't know if there's anything like it for newer versions.  I'm still occasionally attempting to adapt to 2012 DF so yeah.

I'm the guy constantly trying to make decent story forts but for one reason or another, I have to give them up or I decide to do something else (Losing saves, different mods/premises, that sort of thing.)

And it was indeed a thing, but it didn't feel... Well executed, I guess. Future changes lead to the player civ being changed to the Brotherhood for some strange reason, which was a bit of a deal breaker - the Brotherhood's not really in the market for making new settlements, nor are they the only ones trying to salvage old world tech. There's also the Fallout: Equestria mod, which from memory was pretty well done (ranged combat notwithstanding until very recently,) but the whole "Pony" thing isn't everyone's cup of tea, and even less so since a bit of a self-conducted purge of sorts happened a long while back the last time a serious attempt was made at a succession/story fort with that mod.

I had planned to play Skyrim today, but gift wrapping, drawing, and laundry took today up. Wouldn't have changed the combo much. Just an Elder Scrolls themed mod with a race of one's choice to play as in fort mode, and with a vastly lower life expectancy in adventure mode (the player is kinda OP in the Elder Scrolls version of adventure mode if you ask me. :P)

But yeah, I don't come down here often. Not much for me down here, but now and then threads such as this one jump out at me.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: December 20, 2018, 01:28:25 pm »

Gang Garrison 2 and Liberal Crime Squad
Recruit members of the 9 classes to spread RED philosophy. Those dirty BLUEs should not be allowed to live.
We need a slogan!
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: December 21, 2018, 02:57:51 am »

Hunt: Showdown + Nuclear Throne.

It's pretty much normal nuclear throne except Lil' Hunter is another player.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: December 21, 2018, 06:06:48 am »

Splint... Now that's a name I've not heard in a long time... A long time. Not since the dark times. Not since the Mug Wars.

RDR2 and Fallout 4
... So New Vegas.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: December 21, 2018, 10:23:36 am »

Saints Row 2 and Dwarf Fortress
You have to takeover the randomly generated city, and defeat the randomly generated gangs, while doing randomly generated missions. Not sure if it would be 3D or ASCII though.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 82