Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 82

Author Topic: If you combined the last two games you played, what would you get?  (Read 129357 times)

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
Re: If you combined the last two games you played, what would you get?
« Reply #1155 on: March 21, 2019, 06:47:39 am »

Dwarf Fortressa ndn Battletech

Dwarf fortress with mechs, build a lance of angry dwarven mercenaries and strike out against the goblins
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: March 21, 2019, 08:27:32 am »

Stronghold Crusader HD and The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild.

Maybe a RTS / castle sim with Zelda monsters?  At this point I wouldn't mind watching dozens of bokoblins run up to and die to hails of crossbow fire because the AI doesn't understand it's making no progress sending 10-15 dudes at a time against 50 crossbowmen.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: March 21, 2019, 01:17:46 pm »

Open XCOM and Wizard of Legend.

So...basically XCOM, but with Wizards and Magic instead of Soldiers & Guns, and fighting against some invading Chaos force instead of Aliens.

Would be a pretty awesome Total Conversion mod, actually.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: March 21, 2019, 06:21:49 pm »

Stronghold Crusader HD and The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild.

Maybe a RTS / castle sim with Zelda monsters?  At this point I wouldn't mind watching dozens of bokoblins run up to and die to hails of crossbow fire because the AI doesn't understand it's making no progress sending 10-15 dudes at a time against 50 crossbowmen.
First Person, and you use your Sheikah Slate to order your allies to build defenses and train units while you lead the charge against enemy strongholds.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Aquillion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: March 21, 2019, 09:05:11 pm »

So...basically XCOM, but with Wizards and Magic instead of Soldiers & Guns, and fighting against some invading Chaos force instead of Aliens.

Tactical Breach Wizards.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2019, 09:07:13 pm by Aquillion »
We don't want another cheap fantasy universe, we want a cheap fantasy universe generator. --Toady One

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: March 21, 2019, 09:06:30 pm »

Tactical Breach Wizards.

Well...ok, then. Guess I'll have to watch that one.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Aquillion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: March 21, 2019, 09:07:19 pm »

Perhaps Troubleshooter, too, although that's more anime superpowers than it is magic.

Also, while it's still sci-fi, X-Piratez reflavors psi powers as voodoo and has invading demons (from DOOM) as one of the factions.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2019, 09:10:59 pm by Aquillion »
We don't want another cheap fantasy universe, we want a cheap fantasy universe generator. --Toady One

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: April 08, 2019, 04:57:08 pm »

Hitman 2 and Heat Signature.

Pretty much high-tech Hitman with guards who notice their partner disappeared and alert everyone, so you have to move fast, with pause-to-plan making moving fast easier. And alerts that...alert everyone.

Or first-person larger-scale (cities!) Heat Signature where guards wake up their sleeping buddies. And I guess civilians who you shouldn't take out, but will rat you out.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2019, 05:01:07 pm by Iduno »

h3lblad3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: April 09, 2019, 07:47:53 am »

Warframe and Elder Scrolls Online

Plains of Eidolon just got way more impressive.
I was talking about importing alimunim.
And we were hypothesising about the sexual relations between elves and trees.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: April 09, 2019, 10:02:57 am »

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild and Mega Man 6.

Err, I'm not sure that a post-apocalyptic open world exploration game played as Mega Man would work, but it might.  It actually might work better as a Mega Man X game, given the tone, or Mega Man Legends.

Come to think of it, there are some definite parallels with Mega Man Legends there.  If it were just fully open world, that's pretty much what it would be.  I could get into that.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: April 09, 2019, 10:21:54 am »

Nuclear Throne and Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice.

You play as Chicken, a rogue mutant shinobi who must wander the wasteland seeking the nuclear throne, an evil and corrupting technological artifact that can make any mutant effectively immortal. You will face many challenging opponents on your journey, including infested mutants and corrupted robots. When you run out of health, rather than dying immediately, your head falls off, allowing you to pick it back up and continue fighting, head in one hand and sword in the other. However, if you remain headless for too long by neglecting to use a medkit to stitch it back on, you'll die for good. There's a heavy emphasis on swordplay, trading blows and deflecting attacks in order to drive the enemy's posture gauge up, at which point you can deliver a lethal deathblow. Chicken has a limited ability to slow down her perception of time, which is helpful for reading enemy attacks and deflecting them properly.
Little hunter is a cheating jackass.

Yes, I do want this game.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: April 10, 2019, 02:08:59 am »

Crusader Kings 2 + MLB the Show 19.

Featuring Bryce Harper as Charlemagne, the New York Yankees as the Abbasid Empire, and Felix Hernandez as the King of Asturias.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: April 11, 2019, 09:09:58 am »

Kingdom Come: Deliverance and Warhammer Total War 2.

I'm imagining it like a Skyrim-ish game (as far as skill progression) set in the Warhammer universe, with a lot of Mount and Blade thrown in, where you can control your armies in first person or a top-down view.

What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: April 11, 2019, 11:52:45 am »

Slime Rancher and Cultist Simulator.

I'm imagining me taking my farm full of slimes and using them in dark rituals and dreaming of cosmic truths.  Once in a while a space-policeman will come along and I'll need to hide all my slime-pentagrams and slime-dream journals and Slimethulhu or else I'll get sent to space-prison.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #1169 on: October 01, 2019, 02:51:56 am »

Watch_Dogs 2 + Factorio....

Build all the things! The hack must grow!

EDIT: "Hacktorio"
« Last Edit: October 01, 2019, 12:22:05 pm by PTTG?? »
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 82