Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 82

Author Topic: If you combined the last two games you played, what would you get?  (Read 130966 times)

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
Re: If you combined the last two games you played, what would you get?
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2015, 03:39:30 am »

Build your colony, gather resources, and use your randomly generated, psychotic colonists to fight other players in hour long battles with persistent bonuses that increase for the longer you game and level up. Beware the narrator deciding that both sides can lose, as it is fully within the realm of possibilities to have a giant space flea from nowhere just spawn in the middle of the battle and wreck everyone's shit.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I think I just described a longer version of those terrible freemium games like Clash of Clans.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2015, 03:42:19 am »

MAN THE MINIGUNS! THE DEMONS ARE COMING!

Spoiler: Story spoilers (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 03:44:13 am by da_nang »
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2015, 03:45:12 am »

Well, I just played Farmville on my phone (hey what else am I going to do in the car (as a passenger obviously)) and WoW on my PC before that.

And...its really similar already xD Now I actually don't feel like playing WoW anymore and I just subbed a couple days ago...

(edit...I'll do one more interesting. The top two sound boring as hell. But...)
Its what I played early yesterday morning so not exactly the two last games I played

Warlock Master of Arcane and DayZ

Summoning elementals and other creatures, while casting intense powerful spells, as you colonize a landscape filled with zombies. However, the hordes of zombies and other players try to kill you and blow up your cities with magic. Zombies can cast various spells or abilities. Yet, the players (and zombies) can terraform the landscape to help or hinder the other players and causing great damage to the land.

Players and their troops however will need food and water to live. To do that, they must send workers to plow fields of food (that other players can destroy), but you can protect your fields with powerful troops and heroes. For water, one can terraform fresh rivers and lakes to fill their needs. But you may wake to find rivers of magma or worse in your city.

To do this, the player must study magics and gather ingredients to perform these magics. But they must manage their people and soldiers for all could be lost if your city (or castle) is discovered by an enemy player (or a horde of zombies). Unless you have friends and allies to protect you (that you can trade with as well).

That actually sounds epic.

« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 03:55:30 am by Vendayn »
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Mipe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2015, 03:51:41 am »

Kerbal Space Program and Crusader Kings II.

I... I don't know anymore...

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2015, 03:59:54 am »

Xcom and robocraft...hm...
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

Baijiu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2015, 04:51:25 am »

The end has come. Years ago, your people were imprisoned in the underworld, doomed to end their lives in the darkness. Then that was not enough. Your captors have invaded your caves, determined to kill you all. They are winning the war.

Experience the newest version of Avernum city - the greatest city-simulator of all time. This collection is packed with an expanded core game, Avernum city: undworld cities of Magic expansion pack, and the Nephilim, Vahnatai, Imperial, and Slith sets. Create the subterranean city you desire and make choices that will shape your city and the people in it. Focus on magic, or warfare and your vaults will fill – but at the expense of your citizens lives as magical pollution spreads. Implement portals to the surface and improve your citizens lives while risking Imperial raids and death. The choice is yours.

crazysheep

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fluffy wool]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2015, 05:08:09 am »

Xcom and robocraft...hm...
A turn based game where plasma finally shines and you build a force of robots to defend Earth from invading aliens?
"Don't be in such a hurry to grow up, for there's nothing a kid can't do."

Therolyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2015, 05:17:43 am »

Lets see...

A turn based strategy game where you send your undesirables off to a land flooded with goo-ridden zombies, where they have to work thier asses off to bring back treasures, drugs (or artifacts) from that land, while all the time feeling like they should just go sail back, kidnap their greedy, petty and arse of a monarch and then abandon him on the shores of that land just to watch him being turn apart by numberless hordes of zombies.

That is probably what you get when you combine Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Colonization and Cataclysm: DDA.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 05:32:22 am by Therolyn »

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2015, 05:22:56 am »

Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor and Red Faction.

I'll let someone more creative than myself chew on that one.

h3lblad3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2015, 05:46:19 am »

So basically... I'm pretty sure it would be...

Space Engineers and Farcry 4.

Having to do interstellar battle with Pagan Min over the fate of the Kyrat asteroid belt?
I was talking about importing alimunim.
And we were hypothesising about the sexual relations between elves and trees.

Nuttycompa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2015, 06:05:58 am »

Kerbal Space Program and Crusader Kings II.

I... I don't know anymore...
You are my new BFF :D
Let me help you.

So my current char is a duke of Mun who married to the empress of Joolian empire.
I murder her by intentionally remove one booster from the lifter state, so her claft spin like crazy before explode into piece.
Then I press my son claim on the empire, most of my new vessel don't seem to mind that, except that one duke of Lythe. So I blinded him and banish him to deep space :D

Wolock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2015, 08:13:31 am »

'' You are a true warrior of the 3D Mushroom Kingdom ''

Dynasty Warrior 8 and Super Mario 3D World WiiU

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2015, 09:40:19 am »

So basically... I'm pretty sure it would be...

Space Engineers and Farcry 4.

Having to do interstellar battle with Pagan Min over the fate of the Kyrat asteroid belt?

Ugh. How would you ever loot pagan min's body? You'd certainly never find it.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
  • Oblivisci tempta quod didicisti
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2015, 10:23:08 am »

Saints Row and Rimworld.

A top-down gang/crime basebuilder with random events? Ronin with drop pods? Count me in.
Quote from: Robert Donoghue and Fred Hicks
There are three things you must learn if you wish to defeat me, my young pupil. First, you must look within yourself and find your core of strength. Second, your mind and body must be in perfect unison. Third...
*WHACK*
Third, stop listening when you should be fighting.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2015, 10:28:33 am »

You are a warlord(or the underboss) of one of the many criminal organizations.  You recruit criminals and give them jobs ranging from simple smash and grabs to high profile theft of national treasures.  Things can go wrong and it cost money.  Your hired criminals need to be equipped with the appropriate gear to do the job... or you can be stingy and let them make do with whatever they have. (Damned drills!)  Even the method of escape/transport and the skill of the driver needs to be accounted for.
At the least, if the heist fails and your criminal(s) are caught, you can grease some palms for their 'release' or leave them to languish, taking a hit to your reputation(who wants to work for someone who doesn't take care of their own). 
Big time criminals will demand more pay for their skills and may not be willing to work for small time operations.  Some criminals may not want to take jobs from an organization with a poor reputation. 
Criminals can realistically be injured before a heist and pulled out, prompting the need for a quick replacement for a premium.
After a heist, they will need to recuperate from injuries, to relax and to lose whatever heat they may have accumulated.

Take your criminal organization from an unknown small time gang to an international organization. 

All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 82