Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 82

Author Topic: If you combined the last two games you played, what would you get?  (Read 129388 times)

Flying Carcass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: If you combined the last two games you played, what would you get?
« Reply #840 on: February 28, 2017, 01:37:49 pm »

Toxikk and Crusader Kings 2

A fast-paced arena shooter in which one can only pick up items to which one has a dejure claim and marries one's cousin. When one dies, rather than simply respawning the same character, one spawns in as the heir to the previous character, with traits similar, but not exact, to the parent (i.e. run speed or jump height may differ, the number of weapons that can be carried may vary, etc.).

Inconspicuous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: February 28, 2017, 01:48:58 pm »

Dwarf Fortress + Medieval 2 : Total War

Would totally play the shit out of that game.
We need this.
I know it's your opinion, but your opinion is just WRONG.
-Yahtzee

MrStyx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: February 28, 2017, 02:09:39 pm »

Rimworld and FTL.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: February 28, 2017, 03:06:56 pm »

Medieval II: Total War and Superhot

A tactical battle game where time only moves when the camera is moving?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: March 01, 2017, 10:19:04 am »

a massively multiplayer sidescrolling/top down survival adventure with RPG elements in a single shard universe. players start from one of 6-7 races and can join different factions.

players explore planets and moons to gather materials and can build colonies on them. materials can then be used to craft anything from food to spaceships. and can claim sovereignty or terraform on them.

planets and moons have procedurally generated dungeons that players can explore for loot and unique equipment. there are also NPC settlements that serve as social and commercial points on the planets.

planetbound gameplay is done in a sidescrolling fashion like in Terraria.

players can explore space in key locations like asteroid belts be it by foot, a mech or manning the spaceship.

spaceships come in different sizes with different layouts that can be unlocked by getting NPCs or player crew to help on it. players can also craft and include modules for combat, harvesting, exploration, logistics and utility in order to enhance the capabilities of the ship.

players can be single pilots or form corporations and alliances in order to improve their chances of profit and survival in the universe. they can also deploy orbital structures than can be used in space for things like trading, repairs, industry, storage, or bring planetary materials to space.

game in space is done in a top down view when manning the spaceship. getting out of the ship changes to a 2D sidescrolling view but only in special pockets of space like stations, asteroids or near other orbitals.

and i think that's all.

EVE Online feat Starbound.

note that i excluded stuff like teleporters, boss battles, pets, planetary vehicles, capitals and supercapitals, wormholes, etc in order to make it shorter. but it should be included in the package too.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 10:24:09 am by xaritscin »

MrStyx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: March 01, 2017, 10:29:31 am »

Rimworld and FTL.

Sorry, I forgot to add what you'd get.  Pretty much Firefly the video game.  An FTL-Like where your crew drives the story, not so much the ship you chose. 

Pretty much we'd end up being Reavers though.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: March 01, 2017, 01:06:01 pm »

XCOM: Enemy Within and Jet Force Gemini.

Since there's already some kind of XCOM shooter, I guess it would be more of a turn based tactical game.  Except unlike XCOM, you'd only play one dude who has 50 HP, 100 aim, 40 passive defense, an assault rifle that did 10 damage, a rocket launcher with 30 shots that did 20 damage each, and of course, a jet pack.  The aliens in turn would all be bug themed, have 10 aim and their weapons would only do 1-2 damage.

The aliens would immediately regret their decision to invade this planet, since Super Hero Juno or Vela, or even just their dog, would proceed to one-shot most of their troops, tank ridiculous amounts of return fire, and of course, collect the heads they shoot off of the twitching corpses of their enemies.  Man, I forgot how hyper violent Jet Force Gemini was.

Oh, and of course, there would be a dozen civilians tribals to rescue on every map, except now they run toward you in the hopes of getting caught in your crazy rocket spam.

I'd totally play that.  Someone should make an XCOM mod for it.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: March 02, 2017, 09:00:25 am »

Someone should make an XCOM mod for it.

What, so they can scream in anger as their only unit misses somehow?

Inconspicuous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: March 02, 2017, 12:00:49 pm »

Someone should make an XCOM mod for it.

What, so they can scream in anger as their only unit misses somehow?
Really, that already happens in the base game.
I know it's your opinion, but your opinion is just WRONG.
-Yahtzee

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: March 02, 2017, 09:23:29 pm »

I mean, as LITERALLY THEIR ONLY UNIT that has 100 aim misses at point-blank.

Meanwhile, the bug-themed aliens are critical hitting at sniper effective ranges.

There.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: March 03, 2017, 12:57:36 am »

River City Ransom Underground + Path of Exile.

Whoo uhm...a beat em up with an elaborate passive skill tree where you'd get through 75% of the game and realize your build is way off the mark, punching sucks, your t-shirt doesn't have enough punch resistance on it but you can't risk losing the +life it has, and your yellow brass knuckles are shit because they have all the stats they need just not enough of them. While playing you'd be gang rushed and surrounded by 8 to 16+ street thugs, luchadors, greasers, high school jocks, goths, nerds and roller derby girls on every screen, who all move faster or explode when they die or make you slow or more vulnerable to punch damage or spawn multiple copies of themselves when they die, who would all fire off their specials at the same time while standing on top of you, and effectively one shot you before you could react, and then do a mocking looped animation over your slowly blinking corpse. Something like a pelvic thrust. You'd lose experience every time you die and gaining a level takes a solid weekend of non-stop play. You have to gain max level to learn all your moves. You spend 3 years getting your ass kicked in street fights, learning every evasion trick in the book just to stay alive and fights where Abobo gets involved or there's a boss take 25 minutes a screen to finish. You finally break down and started playing a build closer to the meta and start kicking instead of punching and the game gets about 50% easier.

« Last Edit: March 03, 2017, 12:59:16 am by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: March 03, 2017, 02:55:48 am »

Yeah, it's kinda stupid that everyone's kicks are way better than their punches in RCR:U. Mike is especially egregious.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: March 03, 2017, 07:08:18 am »

DoW: Dark Crusade + Crusader Kings II.

Intrigues in the WH40K universe combined with RTS part during the battles? Crusader Kings II but with DoW's RTS and base building during the battles? Ugh, my imagination is not working today...
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: March 03, 2017, 07:15:39 am »

XCom: UFO Defense and Touhou 11: Subterranean Animism.

Well, the mortality rate for player characters is about the same. :P
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: March 20, 2017, 09:33:55 am »

Fire Emblem and Mount and Blade: Warband.

Let's see...

Turn-Based Strategy:
The characters of Calradia battle it out in turn-based battle. Mounted lancemen are able to couch their lances by moving in a straight line and then attacking their enemy.

Shields can be equipped by units, which protect them from arrows.

The various companions accompany the player character.

The world map is like another Fire Emblem map, except on a larger scale. When two units on that map meet, they enter a map that shows the actual armies proper.

Also, maybe there wouldn't be huge armies.

As a real-time combat game:

The player is accompanied by... Well, it would depend on which continent and which time the game takes place in, but most of the Lords the player meets (not to be confused with the actual rulers of the various nations) aren't very happy with the idea of almost endless war.

Magic is a thing. I'm not sure how it would work, but it is a thing.

Pegasus Knights and Wyvern Riders are things. By default they would hover above the ground, but it would be possible to make them jump much higher than a normal horse, thus enabling them to fly over walls and other obstacles.

Dodging is a thing that everyone can do, though there's a bit of a cooldown to prevent spamming.

Not sure what else to add. Participating in combat with companions builds up support level, blah blah blah.
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 82