Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: IndigoFenix's Scripts: Updated with soul splitting, fusion, and soul combat  (Read 7466 times)

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: IndigoFenix's Scripts: Updated with soul splitting, fusion, and soul combat
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2015, 04:29:38 pm »

Yeah, it's unfortunate that so much information in the unit is actually just a reference to the raws. Limits what can be done.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2015, 04:31:53 pm »

Would it be possible to hack in a new definition for each constructed creature?
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2015, 04:43:08 pm »

Would it be possible to hack in a new definition for each constructed creature?

Not sure, you would basically need to add in a new caste with the correct material components. But I don't think it would last through a save/reload and would most likely corrupt the game save (from the little experience I had with trying something similar).

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2015, 04:47:08 pm »

It may be possible to do it by both editing the raws in the memory and in the game files.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2015, 04:52:11 pm »

It shouldn't corrupt the save if every reference to the creature is updated properly, although it would be easy to miss something...

Updating the save raws would be possible, but a pain.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2015, 04:54:28 pm »

It shouldn't corrupt the save if every reference to the creature is updated properly, although it would be easy to miss something...

The problem is, if I remember correctly, every time the game is loaded it re-reads the raws from the files. Thus it will have a raw definition for a creature with only 1 caste, but creatures in the game that are caste 2/3/4... You would have to update both loaded in raws and the actual .txt files

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2015, 05:06:37 pm »

Lua has some file IO functions that work fine with DFHack.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2015, 05:21:00 pm »

No, it's basically done.  I had thought that each creature stored a separate list of materials, which is where the whole idea of the script came from.  Ugh, that means that the gnome constructs have never actually been what they were supposed to be.

I wonder if there's a way to simulate a material change with attributes, though.  If you take a creature with body materials that have the properties of copper, and multiply its strength and toughness enough, will it function like a creature made of iron?  Do strength and toughness actually increase the functional "hardness" of the creature's body materials, or do they affect damage differently?  Does anyone know how the collision equations work?

palu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Will these work in 0.42?
Hmph, palu showing off that reading-the-instructions superpower.
The internet encourages thoughtful, intelligent discussion and if you disagree I hate you.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game

DFhack hasn't been updated yet, so not until then, at least.

Once we have DFhack, the simpler scripts should work at least.  Souls might be different now since there's a lot more information to keep track of, and constructcreature apparently never worked in the first place, so that script will need to be redone.

palu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There is an alpha DFHack now, which is why I asked.
Hmph, palu showing off that reading-the-instructions superpower.
The internet encourages thoughtful, intelligent discussion and if you disagree I hate you.

Isngrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

constructcreature apparently never worked in the first place, so that script will need to be redone.
ive been thinking about that,would it be possible to change the caste that is spawned based on the item/materials used in the reaction?

so (assuming the regent in this example reaction is tool_frame with no material requirement)if a gnome brings an iron frame to the workshop the construct script will spawn the intended creature but the caste will be one with an iron frame body part,and any other matching regents that the reaction calls for
« Last Edit: January 09, 2016, 05:35:22 pm by Isngrim »
08:43 PM The wild animals and insects sang a merry tune and the trees performed a dance. I know you're trying to cheer me up, Vishnu, but that was actually a bit creepy.-Rhons
Pages: 1 [2]