Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Marital status manipulator with UI. Assigns spouses, removes old relationships.  (Read 11978 times)

Raidau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Dwarven Family Affairs
Lets you manually assign new spouses for your dwarves or remove existing romantic relationships (useful when the spouse is dead). Also shows pregnancy info.

Download here

Savegame backup recommeded. The script needs some more testing to make sure it does not corrupt saves, as it changes history data. Please report any bugs you encounter.

Usage:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Installation:

Unzip the archive and place nb_family_affairs.lua in your Dwarf Fortress/hack/script folder

Gays are not supported (yet).
Tested with DFHack 0.40.23-r1 on Windows

Changelog:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 06:10:42 am by Raidau »
Marital status manipulator
Custom item descriprions
Natural Balance Mod (2013-2015) development suspended...

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Could this be done automatically, to remove widowed/dead spouses?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Raidau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Could this be done automatically, to remove widowed/dead spouses?

Sure, that will need some event to be enabled, either onDeath or periodic, I hope it will not hurt performance. But the script needs some testing, i am not 100% sure how legends mode and history events overall will behave after this. Perhaps some more data must be added to the world on marriage.
Custom item descriprions

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Thats pretty cool :)

Maybe I can even adapt it to supress romantic engaments between Warlocks and their ghouls/zombies/skeletons, although I always found them to be a bit fun.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Raidau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thats pretty cool :)

Maybe I can even adapt it to supress romantic engaments between Warlocks and their ghouls/zombies/skeletons, although I always found them to be a bit fun.

Cant you just change orientation for those ghouls and zombies so they are 100% asexual? That would be more natural, so you dont need to delete the relationships over and over. Or target orientation does not affect falling in love in DF?
Custom item descriprions

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Oh yes, I can do that now in 40.x. :D Masterwork is still on 34.11, because lots of stuff requires dfhack scripts that dont exist in the new version.

Raidau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh yes, I can do that now in 40.x. :D Masterwork is still on 34.11, because lots of stuff requires dfhack scripts that dont exist in the new version.

Cant you make their caste genderless? Or that does not matter in 34.11 in terms of forming relationships?

AFaIK histfig links and relations section of units did not change in 40.x, script should work with 34.11
Custom item descriprions

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile

AFaIK histfig links and relations section of units did not change in 40.x, script should work with 34.11
When I was modernizing warmist's spawn script for my own mod, I came across some attributes that were anonymous (UNK1, UNK2, etc.) in 0.34 that finally got names in 0.40.  But the overall structure does seem remarkably stable.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Raidau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Updated the script. Now it accepts more arguments, and that allows you to force marriage and divorce without using the GUI. So I hope the script is useful for modding now.
Custom item descriprions

bahihs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm getting this error message whenever I try to run the GUI:

ptb_ptb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Did you have a dwarf selected before running it?
()==[:::::::::::::>

Raidau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I cant reproduce this... Are you using any mods? Or may be not the latest version of the script? What unit do you select?
Custom item descriprions

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Updated the script. Now it accepts more arguments, and that allows you to force marriage and divorce without using the GUI. So I hope the script is useful for modding now.
It should be. In theory people can run a reaction now to target the worker, yes? How would you go about selecting the second target though?

It's easy enough to get the worker divorced, but how would you determine who the worker marries in case of a forced marriage?

bahihs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I cant reproduce this... Are you using any mods? Or may be not the latest version of the script? What unit do you select?

1. Yes, "All Civs Mod" (only does raw changes to allow playable humans and elves)
2. It should be the latest version (I used the link provided)
3. Male dwarf, either through the units menu, or using "k" and hovering over the unit; both result in that error (EDIT: if it matters, the dwarf has a lover, which is who I am trying to have him marry)

« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 06:49:32 pm by bahihs »

Raidau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It should be. In theory people can run a reaction now to target the worker, yes? How would you go about selecting the second target though?

It's easy enough to get the worker divorced, but how would you determine who the worker marries in case of a forced marriage?

Well, its all up to you to get ID of the second unit with your script :)
Custom item descriprions
Pages: [1] 2