I am religious and do not believe in free will
- 10 (3.9%)
I am not religious and believe in free will
- 113 (44.5%)
I am not religious and do not believe in free will
- 61 (24%)

Total Members Voted: 249

Pages: 1 ... 250 251 [252] 253 254 ... 521

Author Topic: Railgun and Spirituality Discussion  (Read 562657 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

A very notably obnoxious youtuber, yes.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Never heard of him.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile

Seen one video; seems he's got the Standard Euphoria Package belief-wise.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile

He's not particularly bad, it's just selection bias because he only makes videos about stuff he gets mad about. Reasonable reactions to reasonable things wouldn't make for very good entertainment material.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile

Yeah he's kinda rude.  Not actually as much of an ass as I originally thought, though.

I mostly listen to TheBibleReloaded who are gradually doing a bible study.  They also make fun of Chick tracks and Christian movies.  They're very *crude*, but actually emphasize having respect for Christians and others.  They just make dirty jokes about everyone (especially themselves).

For less crude (and maybe more insightful), AronRa is probably my favorite.
SecularTalk is okay too, but it's very political.  In a way I agree with, but still - that's its purpose, discussing progressive issues related to secularism.  An offshoot of The Young Turks.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G

TheBibleReloaded is pretty funny, actually. Would recommend.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile

hmm... I brought it up because a friend of mine watches him religiously (ironic, is it not?) and totally exploded when I said I was a christian. None of his arguments made any sense, and I guess he realized that because he stopped and were friends again.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

I don't watch his channel regularly, but from what I've seen he seems to appeal to the kind of atheist who would explode if they found out their friends were religious.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Out of curiosity, how many people here watch the amazing atheist?
banana

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile

Ever since I first heard of theamazingatheist, I still have doubts on wheter he's a really insane militant atheist who's starved for attention or some sort of really persisting comedian who's really good at keeping his act. He's done some really weird stuff in the past though (including inserting things into his butt on live video, apparently), which led me to believe he's at least somewhat mentally unstable. But hey, its the internet :v
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G

(including inserting things into his butt on live video, apparently)

I don't suppose the video still exists somewhere?
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile

Let this quote guide your thoughts:
banana
There's also, er, other things, but you don't want to know. I didn't want to know either.
Don't do it
« Last Edit: November 26, 2015, 07:43:32 am by TempAcc »
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Also boiling oil

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

Ever since I first heard of theamazingatheist, I still have doubts on wheter he's a really insane militant atheist who's starved for attention or some sort of really persisting comedian who's really good at keeping his act. He's done some really weird stuff in the past though (including inserting things into his butt on live video, apparently), which led me to believe he's at least somewhat mentally unstable. But hey, its the internet :v
TempAcc believes that butt stuff makes you mentally ill, confirmed.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

TempAcc believes that butt stuff makes you mentally ill, confirmed.
You haven't seen bananas
You could never know
Such butt ravaged madness
Illness of mind and body
Pages: 1 ... 250 251 [252] 253 254 ... 521