Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Request for mod that makes gampley simplier in most cases.  (Read 1536 times)

Qtw

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Request for mod that makes gampley simplier in most cases.
« on: January 22, 2015, 04:30:24 pm »

I want a mod that simplifies gameplay a bit.
i just want these for simpler gameplay.
please do not tell me how to play the game,or i am playing it wrong.
also if possible can they be sepereated in case
if someone else wants some of these,but not all?

#1   Trade caravans come and go without needing a nearby town or existing town.
even if there is no other Village in the entire map.

#2   Expand the village to the entire world.
and to reduce lag only load pieces of the map at a time.
or just have multiple villages in a single world and only load those.

#3  Generation of villages that are outside the visible world.
these are villages that can be interacted with positivly or negativly,
but are outside the world you have access to.
it ties with the first part of the request.

#4  removal of ghosts. but not graves.

#5  Raiders and beasts that are generated in the world can appear in any selected part of the map.

#6   removal of emotions,and personality.
seriously...i don't want them getting sad and killing themselves or mad and killing others.

#7   hunger and thirst point system?
if not done already instead of needing variation of food and drink...just an amount that
is needed.
like one dwarf has 5 hunger points and needs to eat 5 one point items or 1 five point item.
the quality and the type of the item determines its filling.
drinks should work the same.
except water is always a 1 point item as well as raw food.
plus i need a way to balance it...like specific types of food/drink will be better
like mead is usually better than beer and beer is usually better than wine.
also the max hunger/thirst points before death and min hunger/thirst points before eating/drinking
should be configurable.
like dwarves have 12 max hunger points and when it hits 13 they die of hunger.
and they have a 6 min hunger before they go eat something.
and humans have 20 max hunger points and when it goes over they die.
and they have a 10 min hunger before they eat something.

(EDIT)
how about for #1 instead of caravans from outside we get randomly spawned caravans? they show up at random (or chosen) times in specific spots that we designate?
like a market place area that caravans and merchants with random goods or specific types of goods spawn in. and then leave (die and nothing is left behind).

and we can summon the merchants but they take time to appear. for example you activate a certain stall for a merchant,and it summons it like a week to a month later. but i don't want dwarves activating them...i'd rather activate them via menu and have it start right away...but if its not possible without dwarves doing it i can deal with it.

is that doable?
« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 08:28:56 pm by Qtw »

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
Re: Request for mod that makes gampley simplier in most cases.
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2015, 05:16:57 pm »

I think most of those are pretty much impossible, except the parts about removing emotions.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Eldin00

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2015, 05:42:21 pm »

The majority of what you're asking for requires changes to the game far beyond what can be done via modding. Sorry to disappoint.

Qtw

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2015, 06:50:12 pm »

well...thats lame...what about work arounds?
how about for #1 instead of caravans from outside we get randomly spawned caravans? they show up at random (or chosen) times in specific spots that we designate?
like a market place area that caravans and merchants with random goods or specific types of goods spawn in. and then leave (die and nothing is left behind).

and we can summon the merchants but they take time to appear. for example you activate a certain stall for a merchant,and it summons it like a week to a month later. but i don't want dwarves activating them...i'd rather activate them via menu and have it start right away...but if its not possible without dwarves doing it i can deal with it.

is that doable?

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2015, 08:19:08 pm »

Yeah absolutely none of what you're asking for can be done. You can give dwarves the [NO_EMOTION] token which I think removes their emotions I guess, though there might be some side effects. If you want I can give exact instructions on it, but personally I think you should learn how to deal with the emotions yourself rather than just cheating away parts of the game you have trouble with. You could try making a really nice dining hall. From what I've seen nice dining halls were buffed a good amount with the new dwarven thoughts, and they were pretty powerful before. The buff was that dwarves can feel happy about multiple objects at a time so if they pass by 50 nice chairs] they'll get a bunch of happy thoughts from seeing nice chairs. Also I'm a bit confused because the thread title is asking for a mad that makes gameplay simpler, but most of what you're suggesting would add far more complexity to the game. Upon closer inspection it seems that you're third question is already in the game. Worlds generate dwarven, human, elven, and goblin towns and they're all over the place. You don't have much of an effect on the villages when you trade with them, but enemy soldiers are taken from actual site populations so if you defeat enough goblin sieges the goblins might run out of soldiers.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

Qtw

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2015, 08:27:20 pm »

oh...apologies....i was just trying to make it somewhat simpler in some way...but i was wrong...
also what about my workaround thing? which is above your post...is that one possible in any way?
also i am new to dwarf fortress and i came after playing Gnomoria...
i'll just edit my first post to make it easier to find for others...
again i apologize...

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2015, 04:06:40 am »

No, these are all pretty flatly impossible, like, even with workarounds, except #4 ([CANNOT_UNDEAD] added to dwarves) and #6 ([NO_EMOTION] added to dwarves)

Qtw

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2015, 08:28:12 am »

well dang...now i feel like an idiot...sigh....

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2015, 02:13:08 pm »

To be fair, most games are either moddable with the dev tools (not really possible here, since the dev tools is raw C(++) for the most part) or by reverse-engineering the code and injecting more in (minecraft and not much else), which both would allow this kind of thing.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2015, 04:20:35 pm »

There are mods for making the game relatively simpler in other ways though.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2015, 05:02:11 pm »

Accelerated DF being on of them. While not reducing the difficulty, it certainly makes the game simpler. Check out Dorens updated version: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141715.0
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::