Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]

Author Topic: Alchemech Reloaded! Alchemypunk RPG Interest Check and Test Fight  (Read 12541 times)

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Alchemech Reloaded! Alchemypunk RPG Interest Check and Test Fight
« Reply #120 on: January 29, 2015, 04:47:00 pm »

Okay. Do what you need to do, just took base numbers and timed them by 1.25, if you wanted to know. (I had the upgraded number become the base number for each further upgrade)
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 31, 2015, 05:21:11 pm »

It will probably be related to how many points you put into the ability, rather then a strict multiplier. Makes it easier to upgrade if you level up.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 01, 2015, 10:30:09 pm »

Alright! Let the test fighting continue!

Gunfire rings out through the battlefield as Kyle and his men pelt the egg with bullets. A few ping off with sparks, leaving a dent in the thin metal, while others poke holes through it sending metal jumping back. Fortunatly (or unfortunately) while some pierce, none manage to harm the alchemist directly.

While under fire, Ciel puts up another layer of armor around himself. The light pouring through the bullet holes stops, though it seems this shield is even thinner then the last one. Bad rolls, buddy, bad rolls.

Both Deegan and the mech duck to cover, a strong contrast to their former heavy offensive. Deegan makes the first move, covering the exposed side of the mech with thick droplets of acid that seem to do a little damage before quickly dissipating under the flamethrower's heat.

The Mech, instead, opens fire on the building he is hiding in with his large cannon. He misses the shot by a good margin, managing to level some cover a good distance right of the alchemist. The flamethrower burns the remains of said broken cover, making it poor terrain for the alchemist to enter.

Finally, the Alcoholic Avenger says some quick words to his homunculus while making absolutely stunning and well done maneuvers. The enemy alchemist quickly looses sight of its spider like movements as it hops from massive crater to open trench, circling the enemy completely without it noticing. The Wizard informs you the fusion cutters and scramblers will be unusable for several seconds even once you reroute power to them, needing time to reboot.

Rather then taking advantage of the battlefield, the Alchemist decided to change the battlefield itself. Using his impressive transmutation skills, he softens the bonds in the dirt around him, while adding some water from the air, making quicksand like mud in several hundred meters around him. He appears to do more, perhaps underground, but the enemy doesn't manage to see what this is.

Did I get anyone? I tried to keep this one less-fluffy to make it go faster. Does anyone have any other comments so far?

MrVoid

• Bay Watcher
  • Leaning on Lady Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 01, 2015, 10:32:35 pm »

Deegan maintains his current cover, a little closer to an exit if he can get there, but he maintains the acid.
What the fuck is wrong with you guys.

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 01, 2015, 10:36:35 pm »

Averus runs in and ignites the flamethrower, aiming for Deegan and stomping on him if possible.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: February 02, 2015, 12:08:47 am »

"Cease fire and reload! He has to take that shield down eventually!"

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 02, 2015, 01:02:07 pm »

Collapse the ground under him if he gets close. If not, making the quicksand acidic.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 02, 2015, 02:45:03 pm »

Boost across the flat area and back into the craters, clipping the alchemist with my lower left claw.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 08, 2015, 03:11:44 pm »

Deegan fires off another blast of acid at his opponent, finding it somewhat difficult to manufacture around him under the constant heat of the flamethrower that continues to combust anything he forms, but does manage to keep well under his cover while getting closer to the exit.

The giant robot barrels toward him, crushing the destroyed buildings under foot as it does so, flamethrower spewing red-hot flame meters ahead of him. The robot expertly crushes the cover Deegan was hiding behind, though he was far enough to escape the actually feet some debris found themselves lodged in his leg. He managed to escape the cover using the route he had planned ahead of time.

(Sorry, your opponent has yet to make a move Kj.)

The agile mech flies across the ground like a monkey in the jungle, or spiderman in the city. Its destination:The other side, with the man in the middle as a target. The alchemist ducks to the ground and covers his head as the massive war machine passes only a foot or two over him. As he does so, he slams his fist into the ground, causing the land around him to collapse! The agile mech manages to avoid any damage, landing safely on the other side of the reasonably sized pit surrounding the alchemist.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: February 08, 2015, 03:20:22 pm »

If he tries to do another pass bring up the side of the pit he's aiming for. Otherwise make the edges slippery.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: February 08, 2015, 04:36:13 pm »

Launch up into the air, then boost-slam down on him from above.

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 09, 2015, 11:21:43 pm »

Stomp on Deegan. Then burn him to a crisp.

MrVoid

• Bay Watcher
  • Leaning on Lady Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: February 11, 2015, 01:03:27 pm »

Dodge and attempt to turn the ground beneath where he will plant his stomp into a liquid acid.  Attempt to add more combustible acid to his mech.
What the fuck is wrong with you guys.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 25, 2015, 04:41:26 pm »

Sorry for the whole "Not updating the Test Fight ever!" thing. I have been busy and generally not in the mood to write here.

I have seen some issue with how I am doing testing right now, namely while "PVP" is the most entertaining way to playtest it doesn't work very well with how the game is played, being almost completely "PVNPC". Essentially, half the things you already did against other players would have gotten them killed if they where low-ranking NPCs, but their higher stats prevented them from being an accurate representation. I am thinking of continuing "PVP" play-testing, but giving one of you control over a group of "NPCs" while the other keeps control of their character, letting me test the more lethal gameplay.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]