Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18]

Author Topic: You are a board member of The Department of Ordnances[Weapon design][7/8]  (Read 15186 times)

Terra162

• Bay Watcher
  • Slubberdegullon!
    • View Profile
Re: You are a board member of The Department of Ordnances[Weapon design][8/8]
« Reply #255 on: February 10, 2015, 04:28:37 am »

Mr. Krushkov: When we reach France, find someone with connections to France's tank development department.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: February 10, 2015, 07:15:28 am »

Well I'll get back to the PT boat.hopefully we don't burn down anything this time.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: February 10, 2015, 07:29:26 am »

Whoops, thought what I had typed out counted :P

Supervise the PT boat project so they don't burn the place down again(and call the PT boat the Zephyr class), then direct the mg mount team to redo it, paying attention to ergonomics so we can actually reload the damn thing in a reasonable time frame, as well as increasing reliability. If I get the time after that, start sketching a preliminary design for a light destroyer with only two largish guns, some mg mounts, and as many torpedo tubes as can be physically stuffed on the deck.
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: February 10, 2015, 08:44:00 am »

Allright, thats an expanded action from the guy who already had one.

You skim every post or just the ones in semi-serious forum games?
:P
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: February 10, 2015, 08:48:44 am »

Well, not in this case since we're both involved with the project, so having him supervise the others seemed like a thing. :P
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: February 13, 2015, 08:10:01 pm »

Actions are still required from:

Everybody but AfellowDwarf(who looks like it will involve a pre-turn update), Kobold, Terra162, and Stabbyman and tryrar.  Will those who havenot yet posted an action please do so by Wednesday, February 18, as that is the latest I plan to update this. A PM will also be sent to those who havent posted yet, just a note.

Also: A note on the travelers: This turn will see you all in France, the turn after in England, and the turn after in the US, unless you all choose to go to other locations or something.
Highly Opinionated Fool

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: February 13, 2015, 10:18:01 pm »

Maxim Petrovich looked forwarded for opportunities of a technological transfer. Specifically building more production lines.

Terra162

• Bay Watcher
  • Slubberdegullon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: February 13, 2015, 10:28:22 pm »

Edit, I need to not be such an (insert insulting noun).
« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 10:37:10 pm by Terra162 »

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: February 13, 2015, 10:32:15 pm »

Had I sent the message to you? I cant find the message to make certain. If I did, I apologize, If I did not, well...
Everybody but AfellowDwarf(who looks like it will involve a pre-turn update), Kobold, Terra162, and Stabbyman and tryrar.  Will those who havenot yet posted an action please do so by Wednesday, February 18, as that is the latest I plan to update this. A PM will also be sent to those who havent posted yet, just a note.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: February 17, 2015, 12:15:42 pm »

Funk and Evilcherry, you are all that is holding back the update at this time.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: February 17, 2015, 04:08:01 pm »

I'll admit that I've totally lot track of what is going on, both what my character is meant to be doing and what projects we're working on.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a board member of The Department of Ordnances[Weapon design][7/8]
« Reply #266 on: February 19, 2015, 01:20:01 pm »

April of 1932

On the way to Europe...

The Explatory team gets together to discuss their plans in France, their first destination. At their rather ad-hoc meeting, Mr. Krushkov tells the others how he plans to reach out to those in the French tank design industry, and will attempt to find experts (such as exist) in tank design and useage. Mr. Petrovich stated that he plans on contacting those with experience in automation, and Mr. Cessbit reserved his judgement beyond reminding Mr. Krushkov that aslong as they gain permission from the French goverment they have permission to recruit engeneers.

The Adventures of Harold McGerald, Oddball and cargo cultist
 With the suscess of the Ice Cream stand, Harold decides to launch into his next self-inflicted tank, recruiting criminals, such as exist, to join the Inquisition. To this effect, he heads to the main prision in the chain, which is devoted to holding the few native criminals. Of course, complications ensue when he tells the guards his purpose, leaving them laughing even as they order him to leave.
 Not to be dejected, he then procedes to locate a civilian to run his Ice Cream stand, and eventually comes upon one willing to do so; a migrant worker going by a uncomprehensible name, henseforward to be named "Bob". After the military checks Bob's history out some, they let him enter the base to run the Ice Cream stand.

Adventures of NPCs
 On seeing the damage to the workshop, Anya Rodina took charge of the rebuilding effort, assigning most of the new engineers and half the architects (those not working on the factory) to repair it. The fire did not do massive quanities of damage, so they where able to repair it within a fortnight, allowing those working on the Zephyr Class to actually get back to work.

Ivan Titov, meanwhile, got together with Igor Fedorov and decided to design a new, improved multible gun system for the MM1911. The resulting project, under the designation of QMM1911-X is a quad-mount, electronically operated weapon in a lightly armored casement, offering protection from small-arms fire. The project is judged a moderite suscess.

The team working on the GPMTM1932-X, undetered by the loss of their prototype, start working on a new design under the cover of a tarp, and before the month is out they complete it. Powered by a small diesel engine, the resulting six-wheeled vehicle is capible of carrying a rather large quanity of cargo over most terranes, while only weighing two and a half tons. However, the engineers think they can do a bit more work on it, but that wnt take long to do. (Choose two: Armored Cab, Modular Cargobed, Reliable, Easy to fix, Extra Power)

Zephyr Team(and Flint)
 After the workshop is repaired, the team assigned to the Zephyr get back to work. With the basic hull done, they now are working to source the components needed for engines, deck fittings, and similar.

Trent
 With a lull in his work on the Zephyr, and the request for a destroyer, Mr. Trent set off gathering together designs for a 500t light destroyer. Those under his command think that they have come up with an adiquite design, although it still needs approval from the council. Sadly, due to wheight constraints and lack of designs for a 120mm cannon, they donot achheve what was asked, and the resulting dewsign is more like a heavy patrol craft than a destroyer, and with its flat bottom it cannot withstand high seas aswell as other designs.

Mr Trent also directs the team that designed the TMM1911-X to do so again, Which they attempt to do, and fail horribly at. One of them even gets himself hurt in the process.

Factory Team (Including Mr. Eberhart)
The factory is as complete as it can be, barring final tooling. With the workers finishing training and the paint drying, the question is raised as to what the factory is to be tooled for. Sadly, during this time Mr. Eberhart suffered under a freak accicent, leaving him injured and in a coma. By the time May rolls arround he passed away and was buerried in the military graveyard, with honors.

Mr. Bösch
 With the destroyer design team raising complaints that they need a gun, and the
military asking for one aswell, Mr. Bösch procedes to gather together a team to design a single gun for both purposes. However, until the team desides just what to make work cannot continue on.

Spoiler: Current requests (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Current projects (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Current missions (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 02:16:45 pm by Aseaheru »
Highly Opinionated Fool

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: February 25, 2015, 02:36:41 pm »

*Waves hand infront of new replies list in hope of response...*
Highly Opinionated Fool

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: February 25, 2015, 04:07:23 pm »

I'll continue to work on the PT boat, hopefully It'll get done soon.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18]