Poll

Where do you settle?

Belorrox 9
- 8 (61.5%)
Sector 1,298,632,091
- 3 (23.1%)
The Mokadorian Nuke-Wastes
- 1 (7.7%)
The Templar Capital(If you want the game to end instantly, Of course.)
- 1 (7.7%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Isolated Colony  (Read 5520 times)

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
Re: Isolated Colony
« Reply #45 on: March 13, 2015, 10:27:33 pm »

post to watch, for now.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 17, 2015, 09:55:44 am »

Oh, That's right, You were Belsmart Finray, Or, Rthulgh, Depending on whether or not your followers are drunk or having a Ritual, So about 50% of the time. You have a big bushy black beard and wear black hat with red feathers in it. You commonly wears black boots and a long coat with brass buckles along it that help hold his single shot laser pistols in place while you wander the ship. You also wear a cybernetic eyepatch that allows him to see in the dark. You Fanatically believe in the Ether entirely in the Ether, in fact you convinced the entire crew that it existed. You fondly remember that you became captain of the dreadnought when you went to the local bar and said "Who wants to go fuck some shit up?" and people cheered, then joined him in stealing the ship and sailing away. Almost a hundred of the Travelers died in the retreat, Leaving scarcely a handful to Feed the Ether. But you'll find a way, Probably.

You decide to name the Dreadnought The Aether's Spear, As it seemed to be the most fitting name. Your ship has suffered Massive Damage to it's Armor, To the point that it's Negligible in a Naval Battle, Your Hull and Cannon Decks also aren't exactly Pristine, But at least your Life Support Systems are intact, Along with your Follower's sleeping Chambers, the Engines, the Boarding Hooks you added on, and, Most importantly, the Airlock that you've re-purposed to be a Sacrificial Chamber.

Your Ship has several parts, the Hull, the Armor, the Cannon Decks, the Life Support Systems, the Sleeping Chambers, the Engines, the Sacrificial Chambers, the Cargo Bay, the Crew Quarters, the Command Bridge, your Boarding Hooks, and of course, the Captain's Quarters. All of which are in various degrees of Falling Apart. Should you restore the Ship to it's full condition, It shall be a Force to be Reckoned with.

You decide to set course to Belorrox 9, For obvious Reasons. You then wait for your ship to arrive.

A Few Weeks Later...

Your ship has Arrived at Belorrox 9 and has landed on a Fortunately Flat area of Rock in one of the more mountainous areas, You can see that the Mountains are filled with Caves, Tunnels and Caverns. Rick, Your only Follower with Prospecting Experience, Is Very excited by the color of the Stone. You'll have an extremely difficult time building anything on the Surface, Thanks to the Snow and Ice, But you could always set up in the Caverns. Your scanners detect a few small Settlements in the mountains, Quite Possibly Prospectors. Your Followers think that they should Find someway to repair The Aether's Spear. Either way, It's your decision to make.

What is your First course of Action?

Spoiler: The Aether's Spear (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: The Fleet (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: The Colony (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Resources (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: GM Note (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 10:24:14 am by Ardent Debater »

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 17, 2015, 10:21:18 am »

Send grunts to scout the area armed with light assault rifles. If it is safe, send the prospector (always accompanied by some guards) to, well, prospect.

Discuss with the ship mechanics about what would be needed to repair the ship and any kind of needs here. Also see if the snow here could be melted into drinkable water.

Later on, we should consider going ourselves to the prospector towns and see what can we find.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 17, 2015, 11:34:52 am »

((Shameful Bump))

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 17, 2015, 12:57:54 pm »

Have about 10 unskilled followers start setting up a camp just within the cavern entrance

Ask the prospector what he's so excited about

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 17, 2015, 02:59:19 pm »

UPDATE 1

You decide to put 10 of your Unskilled Followers to work on setting up a Camp just within the nearest Cave Entrance, They work fairly quickly and will more than likely finish within 2-3 weeks.  The Unskilled Followers start Barricading the Cave Entrance with Scrap Metal. You ask Rick what he's so excited about and he very enthusiastically says,

"Why, There's GOLD in these Mountains, And enough Iron and Coal to last us for Decades!"

You decide to send all of the Ruffians and leftover Unskilled Followers to search the area around The Aether's Spear for any dangers. They each grab a Light Assault Rifle and Templar Grunt Exo-Suit and set out in 7 groups of 8 Scouts.

You deduce that the Snow can be melted down into drinking water, Although The Travelers would prefer Rum, Or failing that, Grog.

You ask the Mechanics what you'd need to repair The Aether's Spear.

"Well, We'll need a Few Electronics for the Engines and Cannon Decks, And Preferably some actual Metal to work with, If you want us to fix the Hull and Armor We could just use Scrap, But it'd take much longer."

They get to work on the Ship's Hull using the Scrap.

Two Weeks Later...

It seems as if though More Food is disappearing than usual...

Your Unskilled Followers have successfully Established a Base Camp in the Cave. By Establish a Base Camp they mean that they managed to set up a Breathable Space in the cave that won't get below 10 degrees, Hopefully.

The Scout Parties return, and have news.

One only comes back with 5 Scouts who tell you that a Few Monsters resembling overgrown Polar Bears ambushed them and Crippled the others and that the rest of the  Scouts ran, Thinking that they didn't have enough firepower to deal with it.

One came back with only 7 Scouts, And explain that one of them fell down a Gorge that was concealed by snow.

One didn't come back at all.

The Rest of them made it without casualties and report that there are plentiful Snow Animals that seem to be good for Eating and Sacrificing.

Upon hearing the Reports one of the Unskilled Followers says that he used to work as an Animal Tamer, But that he mostly just dealt with dogs.

You don't know whether it's safe enough for Rick to go Prospecting so you just have him Mine in the Cave Shelter with a guard of 6 Ruffians.

The War Priests start setting up a Temple in the Cave Shelter using Rocks and Ice.

Your Mechanics make a little progress on the Hull, But it's barely noticeable.

Your Men come to the consensus that the Colony needs an actual name, And a select few ask you to change the Job Designations to something more befitting the Travelers.

Spoiler: The Aether's Spear (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: The Fleet (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: The Colony (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Resources (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 09:55:22 am by Ardent Debater »

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 17, 2015, 04:32:48 pm »

((Bump))

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 17, 2015, 04:59:01 pm »

Set up patrols around the camp, set to work mining metal as well as hunting, and searching for formentable plants.
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 17, 2015, 05:55:02 pm »

Set up patrols around the camp, set to work mining metal as well as hunting, and searching for formentable plants.
((I assume you mean fermentable, as in can be brewed into alcohol))
Send a scouting party deeper into the cave, tell them to just come back if things start to look dangerous

Have a mechanic set up one or two of the plasma cannons as defenses for the camp, somehow I think we're gonna need them

Have a few ruffians watch the food stockpiles and make sure there aren't any alien rats stealing our resources

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 18, 2015, 09:52:52 am »

((The Plasma Cannons are, Somewhat Slow, Anti-Vehicle Handheld Weapons, But if you wanted, Your Mechanics could Modify them to function as Turrets.))
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 09:54:40 am by Ardent Debater »

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 18, 2015, 02:36:39 pm »

((Is this thread going through death spasms?))

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 18, 2015, 03:07:26 pm »

((I assume you mean fermentable, as in can be brewed into alcohol))
Send a scouting party deeper into the cave, tell them to just come back if things start to look dangerous

Have a mechanic set up one or two of the plasma cannons as defenses for the camp, somehow I think we're gonna need them

Have a few ruffians watch the food stockpiles and make sure there aren't any alien rats stealing our resources

+1

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 18, 2015, 07:16:33 pm »

((The Plasma Cannons are, Somewhat Slow, Anti-Vehicle Handheld Weapons, But if you wanted, Your Mechanics could Modify them to function as Turrets.))
Then modify them to function as turrets, we don't want those polar bears to get the better of us

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 19, 2015, 03:05:58 pm »

Then modify them to function as turrets, we don't want those polar bears to get the better of us

+1~
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 20, 2015, 06:54:23 am »

Don't mod them all. One or two siting at the cave to protect it should be enough.
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]