Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How highly would you rate the leadership of your Mission Group?

Very highly, perfect commander, fearless and dedicated to The Computer above all else.
Highly, strong-willed and brave, role model
Average: no outstanding traits
Lowly: shirks duty, afraid of battle
Treasonous: cowardly conduct, suspicious actions, unwillingness to pursue leads on commie scum. Should be executed.

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16

Author Topic: Re: PARANOIA [dead] - In which the party is on indefinite hiatus  (Read 21671 times)

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: PARANOIA [Alive] - In which the party encounters a familiar face
« Reply #210 on: March 04, 2015, 09:52:23 pm »

Wellis-R

Wellis mumbles incoherently.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: March 04, 2015, 11:14:35 pm »

"I CAN CRAAWEEEEEN!!!!! ARRRGGAAAA. . . . . MAKEE MY WAYY ON TO THE MEDICAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH THE PAIIIIN!!!"
Reassure myself that I can make it while trying not to pass out from the shear pain of it all.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: March 04, 2015, 11:24:03 pm »

"We can make it."

Despite being stabbed in the leg, see if I can make it to the tech room, and help any more injured/unconscious people there.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: March 04, 2015, 11:49:47 pm »

Ga-R

"Sure, let's go."

Waltz right up to the tech room's door, but don't enter until everyone's there. Use only legal moves and beats. If waltzing is not legal or I'm unsure about it, just walk.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: March 05, 2015, 06:19:10 pm »

Wellis-R

Wellis mumbles incoherently.
"I CAN CRAAWEEEEEN!!!!! ARRRGGAAAA. . . . . MAKEE MY WAYY ON TO THE MEDICAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH THE PAIIIIN!!!"
Reassure myself that I can make it while trying not to pass out from the shear pain of it all.
You manage not to scream too much, and hardly squeal at all when you realise that that blood-soaked white thing is a bone. Good thing it's got all... That... Blood... On....  Iiiiit....

"We can make it."

Despite being stabbed in the leg, see if I can make it to the tech room, and help any more injured/unconscious people there.
You grab the prostate and wailing form of  Wei-R and limp your way to the end of the hall manfully.
Ga-R waltzes past you, performing the Infrared favorite, Bot Lake.

Everyone else hauls, drags, and manhandles the wounded down the hall. The tram rockets off again.

Ga-R

"Sure, let's go."

Waltz right up to the tech room's door, but don't enter until everyone's there. Use only legal moves and beats. If waltzing is not legal or I'm unsure about it, just walk.
You elegantly brush past your wounded fellows, reaching the tech room. As you push open the black-primed doors, you find yourself in a gym-hall-sized room, filled with tables. Each table is covered in neatly-placed devices, chirruping experimental bots shaped funny-shaped weapons, space-age clothing with lots of little lights, sealed containers, and black boxes that go buzz.. Sneekle... Buzz... . At the back of the room, there is a shipping-container sized box, with a guardbot-shaped object covered in a tarp next to it. Around the room, a mixture of eager brainiacs and disturbing-looking scientists are positioned. Each item has a 3-digit tag and some small wriying attached, but nothing else.

A scientist in a lab-pink coat with blue trimmings rustles up to you.
Ah, Troubleshooters! Please welcome to our temporary facility. You are permitted to take any of these brand-new pieces of experimental equipment, as many as you like! Of course," she adds, losing a little of her bounciness, "Youll be responsible for the loss of any equipment you sign for. After you sign for a piece of kit, feel free to ask my technicians about it - some of this stuff they built themselves. Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to requisition a new 76,000 hectare testing facility."

She thrusts a few sheafs of Equipnent Loss Culpability forms into Ga-R's hands and rapidly retreats, leaving you a little befuddled.

A beeping docbot trundles up to the unconscious and injects Wakey Wakey into an artery. They proceed to manhandle, fin bagel, slice and dice We-R's broken leg, splint it professionally as he screams manfully for an entire minute, then sticks a painkiller in him.

A note to players: To pick kit, either pick a 3-digit number, or announce what type of thing you're looking for. Preferably by shape/type (IE: ' Suck-R looks for a long gun that makes snerking noises'. If you have something malicious in mind, feel free to PM.

There is only 1 Big Crate, 000, and 1 Big Bot Shaped Object ,999.

Go wild, it's free.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 06:27:06 pm by Dorsidwarf »
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Kassire

• Bay Watcher
  • The damning skull motif
    • View Profile
Re: PARANOIA [Alive] - In which the party encounters FREE STUFF
« Reply #215 on: March 05, 2015, 08:03:07 pm »

Get hold of a cone rifle along with smoke and available explosive ammunition
All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: March 05, 2015, 08:17:18 pm »

Get a big intimidating melee weapon, some armour, and grenades of various types.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: March 05, 2015, 09:35:35 pm »

Weir-R
I am in the market for a backpack that repairs my pained limbs. . . . Or anything that does that. . . . . Even if it means nanobots and cancer.
I would also like a bit o' power armor, if possible. . . . And I will also take box  029, 092, and 229. AND SAY THAT AS NONSCREAMMY AS POSSIBLE!!!
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: March 05, 2015, 10:14:23 pm »

Joe-R

I would like to take a look at box 754, 345 and 999, talk to the guys who made them to see what they are.

You all seem to get hurt a lot, so I am going to look at something healing.

Join Weir-R in looking at the medical devices as well.

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: March 05, 2015, 11:38:17 pm »

((Am I still being unconscious?))

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: March 06, 2015, 12:06:40 am »

Ga-R

Hand out the Equpment Loss Culpability forms to any team members asking for them, but keep at least one for myself.

Take:
  • Three objects that look like grenades
  • A back-mounted piece of equipment with a hose, that would look like a leafblower, if I had any idea what that was
  • A pistol-gripped object small enough to hold with one hand, hopefully a weapon or a power tool
  • A completely normal pen some researcher must have forgot
  • An object with a small keyboard, a screen interface, and two wires sticking out of it
  • An object that fits onto the sights rail of my laser pistol
  • Objects 616 and 717, if I can in any way carry them with all my other equipment and my hands free (external descriptions, please)

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: March 06, 2015, 12:11:15 pm »

((Am I still being unconscious?))

((Thanks to enthusiastic application of Wakey Wakey, you're not only conscious, but guaranteed to stay so for 72 hours to until death, whichever is sooner.))

Kassire

• Bay Watcher
  • The damning skull motif
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: March 06, 2015, 02:01:39 pm »

Teddy-R
In addition to the rifle and ammunition, also acquire some sort of armor and several grenades of any type
All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: March 07, 2015, 06:35:59 am »

Get hold of a cone rifle along with smoke and available explosive ammunition
Teddy-R
In addition to the rifle and ammunition, also acquire some sort of armor and several grenades of any type
Teddy-R-OOS-2, having just arrived, wanders around until he finds a big gun shaped like a cone rifle. It has CNRFL-II on the side too, which helps. There's some sort of screen on top as well. You snoop around a bit more, and find a backpack full of unmarked cone rifle shells.
As you head back to the place you saw some grenades, you note a full-body suit of armor neatly laid out. You rush over to it, and claim it immediately. Looks like some sort of combat suit, but with pods on the sides. You snag a couple of grenades with the tag "Megan-R-BOM's area denial system".

All equipment is now signed for.

Get a big intimidating melee weapon, some armour, and grenades of various types.
You find, in amongst the aisles, a gigantic circular saw which weighs almost nothing, marked '616'. You grab Armor 322, which is a chestplate with a black box on the front that goes "bwee-oop" periodically. You pick up a box of unmarked grenades.

You sign for it all.

Weir-R
I am in the market for a backpack that repairs my pained limbs. . . . Or anything that does that. . . . . Even if it means nanobots and cancer.
I would also like a bit o' power armor, if possible. . . . And I will also take box  029, 092, and 229. AND SAY THAT AS NONSCREAMMY AS POSSIBLE!!!

You find something which, while not actually repairing your limbs, takes all the weight off them. Specifically, Ripple-Y-CLN-2's exoskeletal control system! When asked, she claims that while on, it projects an energy field that causes all forms of energy weapons to bounce off.
You grab box 029. Upon opening, this is a short knife, the handle of which appears to be made of glass, whilst the blade is covered in DANGER stripes. 092 is a pendant with "Geronimo" scrawled on it in indelible ink. It jingles as you move. 229 is a black box with green dots. There is a button and what looks like a camera lens on the front. It makes a wheezing sound if you shake it.

You sign for this stuff.

Joe-R

I would like to take a look at box 754, 345 and 999, talk to the guys who made them to see what they are.

You all seem to get hurt a lot, so I am going to look at something healing.

Join Weir-R in looking at the medical devices as well.

Box 754 contains a small, toaster-sized bot with spider legs, which introduces itself in a booming voice as Warbot Mark Twelve. and thanks you for releasing it from confinement.
Box 345 contains a long, spindly gun which has two meter-long prongs protruding from a pistol-sized stock.
Item 999 is too high a clearance for an unauthorized (see: sign for it) Red troubleshooter to examine, the scientist next to it explains. Choose whether to sign this one next turn, upon which you'll get to find out what it is.

You find a big case full of syringes. You surreptitiously open it, to find rack upon rack of syringes, with names like "Exsanguination", "Pain", "Brute trauma", and "Bleeding".

All but 999 signed for.

Ga-R

Hand out the Equpment Loss Culpability forms to any team members asking for them, but keep at least one for myself.

Take:
  • Three objects that look like grenades
  • A back-mounted piece of equipment with a hose, that would look like a leafblower, if I had any idea what that was
  • A pistol-gripped object small enough to hold with one hand, hopefully a weapon or a power tool
  • A completely normal pen some researcher must have forgot
  • An object with a small keyboard, a screen interface, and two wires sticking out of it
  • An object that fits onto the sights rail of my laser pistol
  • Objects 616 and 717, if I can in any way carry them with all my other equipment and my hands free (external descriptions, please)
  • You find a small case with 3 grenades it it. The case is covered in pretty trefoil signs. What nice colors.
  • You locate item 111, which is a big tank with a whirly thing attatched to a handheld nozzle. it warbles pleasantly. The back is covered in hooks and pouches.
  • You find a row of 10 identical ones matching that description, and take 2.
  • You obtain a pen. It's Yellow clearance, but you stick a tag on it and pretend it was on a desk. The perfect crime.
  • You find a small canister with a keyboard on the bottom. Some wires stick out of the inside of it. There's no screen though.
  • You obtain a tube which screws onto the end of your laser pistol's Red barrel.

Ga-R head over to item 616, only to find Croc-R cackling and buzzing a giant power saw with that tag. He decides to go grab 717 instead.

717 is a medium-sized pallet with a long lead attatched, on which is some sort of control box.
You're just about unable to carry more items, mostly because you've run out of places to put them, except for the pallet.

You sign for this stuff.

Just waiting for pencil_art to get back and get his toys, then it's big mission time.
[/list]

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: March 07, 2015, 07:16:18 am »

Ga-R

((I'm going to have trouble keeping inventory of my own equipment, to say nothing of the others. Fun. And 717 has wheels, right? If not, I'm going to have to leave it.))

"Well, are we set? Team Leader, should we get going?"
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16