Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which mod(s) do you use? (Choose up to 3)

Vanilla Dwarf Fortress 40.24
Masterwork for 34.11
Corrosion for 34.11
Dark Ages: Mythos of Rammok
Direforged
Fortbent
Genesis for 40.11
Modest Mod
My Little Fortress
Nchardark
Other (please post)

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Which Mod(s) Do You Use?  (Read 6385 times)

Rex Invictus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Which Mod(s) Do You Use?
« on: January 24, 2015, 04:32:51 am »

Just curious as to what mods people are using.

Feel free to post the reason you're using the mods, too.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: Which Mod(s) Do You Use?
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2015, 05:29:22 am »

This is all going to change once Meph revamps Masterwork for the new version. I hope I won't be behind with The Fall as well :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2015, 08:13:04 am »

My own because I AM THE ULTIMATE AUTHORITY ON HOW THIS GAME OUGHT TO BE

than402

• Bay Watcher
  • DF2014:we all knew it was inevitable
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2015, 08:26:24 am »

I don't play dwarf fortress all that much lately. The last things I played were masterwork, KingMurdoc's elf mode and my own modifications.

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2015, 10:32:41 am »

Since .40.x came out, I've pretty much been riding on Vanilla, but I'm working on a fresh, new mod currently.
So that counts, I guess.
It's not in a generated-world playable state, but is arena-playable.

Witty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2015, 01:59:25 pm »

I haven't been playing with mods as of .40 to help out with bug reporting, but I have started the arduous process of updating my own homebrew mod.
Quote from: Toady One
I understand that it is disappointing when a dwarf makes a spiked loincloth instead of an axe.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2015, 02:11:22 pm »

how is fortbent more popular than modest mod (even if I'm one of the two who voted)

I also picked other because I play most of my own mods.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2015, 03:40:53 pm »

I haven't been playing with mods as of .40 to help out with bug reporting, but I have started the arduous process of updating my own homebrew mod.

I am in much the same boat.  I don't have a lot of time to play lately, and when I do have DF open it's to troubleshoot or improve my minor mod.

As the starter packs mod-manager abilities mature, we should see more players combining minor mods.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2015, 06:55:49 am »

This is all going to change once Meph revamps Masterwork for the new version. I hope I won't be behind with The Fall as well :).
The difference will be that you make a mod for people that like Fallout and DF, while I make a mod for people that like DF. My target audience, so to speak, is larger.

But TomiTaipos updated old Genesis for 40.x deserves some love. He should really make a new thread for it, because currently its hard to understand whats going on, if you are not familiar with it.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2015, 10:53:17 am »

The difference will be that you make a mod for people that like Fallout and DF, while I make a mod for people that like DF. My target audience, so to speak, is larger.

But TomiTaipos updated old Genesis for 40.x deserves some love. He should really make a new thread for it, because currently its hard to understand whats going on, if you are not familiar with it.

To be honest it has nothing to do with Fallout anymore. It's much closer to Genesis than everything, I just make it quite a lot more brutal and diverse.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2015, 11:11:46 am »

Apparently someone other than me voted for Nchardahrk. I'm impressed.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2015, 03:25:09 pm »

Well, no, seems more like you make a mod for people that like DF but haven't actually looked into what it is beyond fortress mode, so they think it's more of a strategy game than it actually is, then they complain whenever anything other than fortress mode is updated because they're under the opinion that the entire game is about fortress mode.

This, I will admit, is a large demographic. Annoyingly, horrifically large.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 03:27:25 pm by Putnam »

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2015, 03:32:12 pm »

This, I will admit, is a large demographic. Annoyingly, horrifically large.
Are you talking about that line you pass on your way to Legends Mode? I always wondered what that was for. :)
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2015, 05:05:00 pm »

My current RAWs folder is a Frankenstein mix of a few minor mods. I have Stal's armory, Button's plant fixes, and PHM: Overgrowth in there, plus a few tiny changes I made myself both to the base raws and to those mods. I'm working on my own thing with a sort of "DF: But in Space!" aesthetic. So far it only exists in a partially written (but very ambitious) planning document, but it's moving along at a steady pace.

I tend to sample other more major mods pretty widely.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 04:06:12 pm by Baffler »
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Badger Storm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2015, 06:32:43 pm »

I use the "animals Storm likes and wants in her games" mod and the "making good regions less boring" mod.  Basically I just add in a few critters, make some critters shearable and others trainable.  I've run into a roadblock recently, because I had the perfect idea for a good wetlands monster but every time I try to add it this egregious bug pops up.  Ugh.
Pages: [1] 2 3