Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 17

Author Topic: Forgotten Realms Direforged 2.7M  (Read 80058 times)

GoblinCookie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Forgotten Realms Direforged 2.5K
« Reply #120 on: October 13, 2017, 03:38:17 pm »

With the buggy mess that the new dwarf entity file appears to have been released as being the focus, I started up a gold dwarf fortress which led to a whole raft of new bugs being exposed.  These are now fixed in 2.5K subrelease.  Accidental matriarchy is now no longer the modded dwarf political system due to me using [MAKE_HUMANOID] rather than [MALE_HUMANOID] as a tag for instance :-[ :-[.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 10:32:50 am by GoblinCookie »

tiff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 22, 2017, 12:36:56 pm »

SEVERE bug:

Xill implantation, rather than hitting the target, hits nearly EVERY unit on the map. I thought I was gonna have to deal with my king turning but I just had a mass chestburster scenario wipe out 50+ dwarves and most of my livestock. The Xill children don't survive, either. They all bleed to death. I'm gonna revert my save and see if I can use DFHack to remove the syndrome from everything because godDAMN that was brutal.

GoblinCookie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 22, 2017, 01:57:26 pm »

SEVERE bug:

Xill implantation, rather than hitting the target, hits nearly EVERY unit on the map. I thought I was gonna have to deal with my king turning but I just had a mass chestburster scenario wipe out 50+ dwarves and most of my livestock. The Xill children don't survive, either. They all bleed to death. I'm gonna revert my save and see if I can use DFHack to remove the syndrome from everything because godDAMN that was brutal.

The xill were not originally my fault.   ;) ;)  I got them off the standalone D&D mod that I integrated and I never paid the xill much attention after I integrated them initially.  In any case lots of thanks for the bug report, I will try to figure out what is wrong but I am not sure how to test it, would testing arena work I wonder?

GoblinCookie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 22, 2017, 02:41:04 pm »

An update on xill testing.  The xill implantation is hitting everything on the local map much as tiff discovered, however the actual completion of the syndrome phase in question results in a crash, so that we never see any new male xill hatch out. 

tiff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 22, 2017, 03:14:29 pm »

An update on xill testing.  The xill implantation is hitting everything on the local map much as tiff discovered, however the actual completion of the syndrome phase in question results in a crash, so that we never see any new male xill hatch out.
Strange, I didn't get a crash. Just an obliterated fortress.

GoblinCookie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 23, 2017, 11:22:51 am »

Strange, I didn't get a crash. Just an obliterated fortress.

It is the object testing arena, not fortress mode.  That I cannot use object testing arena to make xills that work like the one's in fortress mode or adventure mode is one of the great annoyances I face.  The differences between the two modes pretty much guarantees that I cannot actually be sure if I have actually fixed any bugs at all, ever. 

GoblinCookie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 23, 2017, 11:51:34 am »

The crash seem to be caused by the syndrome trying to add the crazed tag AND turning the creature into a xill at the same time.  I have not actually fixed any problems yet but swapping the transformation to work based upon injection by xill venom caused the side effects (nausea) to work yesterday, while the side effects do not presently work at all.

GoblinCookie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 23, 2017, 02:16:01 pm »

I have got to the source of the mass effect problem, it is caused by the id of the creature in the creature file and the id in the interactions file being different, causing there to be no specific target for the interactions effect.  The problem is however that the other syndrome effects that are supposed to appear are not appearing, I am getting the impression that syndromes attached to interactions directly rather than to substances are basically extremely buggy and only work partially. 

I think what I will do is get rid of the interaction altogether and make xill transformation an effect of a special poison which I shall give only to the females, which will be delivered like other poisoned are through a normal attack.  It would also make things less overpowering, so we cannot simply be xilled the moment we come into contact with no defense, attacks can be blocked afterall.

GoblinCookie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Forgotten Realms Direforged 2.5L
« Reply #128 on: October 24, 2017, 03:03:49 pm »

I have fixed the xill problem, which presumably extended to the slann as well.  The problem was caused by a mismatch in the targeting letter (A VS C) between the interaction and the creature file.  However rather than fixing that I decided that an interaction based transformation was overpowered anyway and went for a poison based approach instead, replacing the original approach.  The changes are as follows.

Xill females bite things to inject eggs (and also poison), which causes the creatures to turn into xill in 250 ticks, which should mean that a number of xill victims live to turn into male xill.

Slaan claw things to make slaan of the other type (blueVSred).  Blue Slann use a contact based poison that splatters over the body of the creature and turns it into a red slaad.  Red slaad inject their eggs (similar to xill) into the blood to make blue slaad.  The slaan transformation takes a long time 36000, which means the combat should be resolved by the time the transformation occurs.

GoblinCookie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Forgotten Realms Direforged 2.5L
« Reply #129 on: November 12, 2017, 02:58:21 pm »

I have finally done it!  :D :D :D 8) 8) 8)

That is I have finished going through all 128k lines of Amostubel's now defunct expanded dictionary in order to add in all the words I think fit with the game into the mod's words file.  The words file for the next release is now 83k lines long.  Unfortunately the release is still not imminent, the basic idea was to add in all the words that are general concepts and the words that pertain to hard-coded mechanics from the dictionary.  Now, after I have finished polishing my work, adding in new word symbols, deleting some words along the way, making sure there is a word that corresponds to each DF proffession, things like that, I go and go through the files themselves, adding in words for everything that is found within.  I also deliberately abstained from adding in any words pertaining to the names of animals or materials, since I intent to do that later.

The clever idea is to go through the vanilla object files first, making improvements but also carefully checking each item is in fact not something I added in, so as to make a complete word list for the vanilla game.  Then I can make a version that I will later release as a separate mod to improve the word list of the vanilla games, along the lines of the original dictionary's concept.  Once that is done I shall move on to the modded in contact, adding words for cool things like xvarts and gnolls.  Then I go through the entity file of the mod to improve those and make changes to the word symbols file according to the 'needs' for those entities, plus adding words to correspond to their positions if needed.

Also there is the book, as in my very own book.  The book that has a half-made sequel that I really should be writing as opposed to modding this game  ;).  That said the 2.7 version of this mod (the one with the long-awaited elves) will almost certainly be far less work than this 2.6 version with all it's words is turning out to be so I should be able to juggle both I hope.

GoblinCookie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Forgotten Realms Direforged 2.5M
« Reply #130 on: November 12, 2017, 04:59:48 pm »

It seems my previous purge of the building destroyer tags was not as thorough as I had hoped, which I found out about when some wuradi trashed my gold dwarf fortress.  This has led to me releasing another subrelease, 2.5M to fix this issue.

GoblinCookie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Forgotten Realms Direforged 0.9
« Reply #131 on: November 15, 2017, 10:03:26 am »

[Deleted]
« Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 11:35:39 am by GoblinCookie »

GoblinCookie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Forgotten Realms Direforged 2.5O
« Reply #132 on: November 23, 2017, 02:30:59 pm »

The dreaded hour has arrived and gone, the next version of the game is out.   ;)

Actually it could not have arrived at a better time, I am nearly finished with the basic word adding process and am currently checking for/adding in the words for hardcoded things like the buildings; when this is done I can finally get on with the softcoded objects.  The vast raw changes that were the cause of dread such did not happen, the hardest thing was going through the new version of the new trees file to add any of Button's plant fix changes that are not in the vanilla game.  The actual file changes made were mostly to stuff not affected by the mod, however the basic rules for updating apply here.

Delete your original mod folder, backing up any save games.  Then install a fresh version of the vanilla game and overwrite the files with the latest version of my mod; *do not* apply the vanilla update on top of the mod folder.  Lastly put your backed up save games into the new mod file and you are fine to go.  I do notice the latest version has greatly reduced structural stability or increased memory requirements (probably the same thing but not programmer) compared with the former version though, I was only able to get a small world up and running during testing, the others crashed upon world gen completion :(.

GoblinCookie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Forgotten Realms Direforged 2.5P
« Reply #133 on: November 26, 2017, 04:36:27 pm »

While going through the files for the next version I come across a certain rather odd thing.  The reaction tokens for gemstones and the star metal inorganic were apparently missing from 2.5 when they were supposed to be there and I definitely recall adding them in  ??????:-[:-[.  This rather embarassing bug has now been eradicated (I hope) so the enchanted metal reactions should now properly work in fortress mode; everything else seems to have not cared because of (no real economy?).

Kaytavo

• Bay Watcher
  • The Pie Master
    • View Profile
Re: Forgotten Realms Direforged 2.5P
« Reply #134 on: November 28, 2017, 01:28:15 pm »

i think i found a bug... in adventure mode i selected a gold dwarf as my race but now i am stuck at 0.099 speed, if you want i can check my stats and inventory and give you a list or upload the save
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 17