Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 17

Author Topic: Forgotten Realms Direforged 2.7M  (Read 78924 times)

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
Re: Forgotten Realms Direforged 2.5Z
« Reply #165 on: January 26, 2018, 02:22:47 pm »

I can now boast of having got to the end of the alphabet for bug fixing subreleases for this release!  ;D This subrelease sees innocent wolverines no longer being clobbered by Toady One's mindless companion adventurers (they remind me of rabid dogs with no leashes!).  Added to that is a fix to the creature variation files to ensure that no animal people get to benefit from the boosted stats and skilled of their animal 'ancestors'. 

Waiting patiently for Toady to add leashes to tie to our companions in adventure mode..... :) ;)
use Umlauts https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Umlaut_(linguistics) and extend it a bit :D
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

GoblinCookie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: February 27, 2018, 09:10:49 am »

It seems that today I have finally got to the light and the end of the tunnel; or there would be light if there were not two more other tunnels to go.  The words for all the vanilla creatures and things are now in, I have divided the words file into the vanilla part and the modded part.  The idea is for me to go through the symbols file for a few days in order to revise, bug-check and reorganise things and after making a backup to use later for my expanded dictionary, get on to the 'second tunnel' which is adding in words for the modded in content. 

Then there is the final tunnel, which is the modifying the actual entities; then the long-awaited 2.6 release is ready to go.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 09:15:28 am by GoblinCookie »

tiff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: April 06, 2018, 02:36:20 pm »

Any updates? This is hands down my favorite mod! I love having tons of races and creatures available. Only thing that could make it better is if you combined it with one of the mods that increases the minerals, gems, and ores.

GoblinCookie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: April 06, 2018, 03:01:24 pm »

Any updates? This is hands down my favorite mod! I love having tons of races and creatures available. Only thing that could make it better is if you combined it with one of the mods that increases the minerals, gems, and ores.

I would really love to have an update, it is just I am half-way into 'biting off more than I can chew', as in the present update is a lot more work than I ever imagined I would even up doing.   ;)

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: April 06, 2018, 05:16:44 pm »

i'd settle for it being included as an option for mephs pack :D
i cannot play without the nice graphics and i'd lose myself in this mod.
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

GoblinCookie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: April 09, 2018, 08:54:02 am »

Do you have an example of any such mods handy?

An option for meph's pack.  That is a graphics replacer, but do you mean meph is doing the graphics or me there?

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: April 10, 2018, 01:39:20 am »

An option for meph's pack.  That is a graphics replacer, but do you mean meph is doing the graphics or me there?
well, he made vordak's Dwarves optional and added "Taffer's Revised" as optional changing many Raws.

GoblinCookie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: April 10, 2018, 06:13:56 am »

well, he made vordak's Dwarves optional and added "Taffer's Revised" as optional changing many Raws.

What's vordak's dwarves?  Is that a graphics pack or a mod?

tiff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: April 10, 2018, 02:13:36 pm »

Do you have an example of any such mods handy?
I use More Stone, Metals, Gem Mod whenever I play, and just merge it with yours using WinMerge (there's a standalone download available on the file depot). Also the Deadly Combat mod. Lots of others, but that's just because I like having many hostile entities available.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 02:15:12 pm by tiff »

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: April 11, 2018, 06:11:59 am »

What's vordak's dwarves?  Is that a graphics pack or a mod?
yes, that's a graphics pack. but taffers revised is a mod.
i only suggest this, because i like your changes, but i need the graphical changes too - and i wouldn't know how to merge those without accidently eating the neighbours cat and burning my house.

GoblinCookie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: April 11, 2018, 07:31:17 am »

I use More Stone, Metals, Gem Mod whenever I play, and just merge it with yours using WinMerge (there's a standalone download available on the file depot). Also the Deadly Combat mod. Lots of others, but that's just because I like having many hostile entities available.

The problem I can see with the stone mod is that the forging of many of the metals are beyond the technology level of the creatures in the world.  I suppose I would have to be selective in my merging as I was with D&D mod but I will keep a note of this for a future release in any case.  Combat is deadly enough as it is in my opinion, so no deadly combat however. 

yes, that's a graphics pack. but taffers revised is a mod.
i only suggest this, because i like your changes, but i need the graphical changes too - and i wouldn't know how to merge those without accidently eating the neighbours cat and burning my house.

Graphics should work fine, the only problem here is that only the vanilla content would be graphical.  That is because graphics only override the default text graphics for particular things based upon their tokens, they don't therefore conflict with anything except other graphics mods.  You should be able to use any graphics pack you like with my mod therefore. 

Eventually I intend to create graphics specifically for all the modded content, which can then be combined with whatever vanilla graphics pack you wish.  But eventually I intend to do a lot of things :).

GoblinCookie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Forgotten Realms Direforged 2.5AA
« Reply #176 on: May 01, 2018, 05:34:04 am »

Well I got to the end of another big time consuming grind. (Nearly) All the words for creatures are now in and I decided to make a new sub-release to integrate any fixes made to the creatures in the process.  I am now delayed by something called the great baby-cull, basically I added in a large number of names for various baby versions of creatures.  That turned out to be a lot of words, that was not the problem, the problem is that the babies often have different symbolism to the adults, resulting in the possibility of a civilization using the words for baby animals but not the adult versions.  Once the babies are eliminated, I will finally get on with the final stage of the next release, the entities and the generation of the actual languages themselves.

tiff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: May 24, 2018, 09:57:11 am »

Minor bug/things working exactly as intended but in a strange way:

The D&D demons and devils just end up getting slaughtered by the procedurally generated ones. It also breaks their pathing into the fort, so instead of a huge wave of clowns rushing in you get a huge swarm of clowns flying around the circus picking off balors one by one. Once they're all dead the clowns just linger and occasionally one will fly up through the opening.

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: May 24, 2018, 12:59:48 pm »

The D&D demons and devils just end up getting slaughtered by the procedurally generated ones. It also breaks their pathing into the fort, so instead of a huge wave of clowns rushing in you get a huge swarm of clowns flying around the circus picking off balors one by one. Once they're all dead the clowns just linger and occasionally one will fly up through the opening.
this shows how badass the clowns are - even D&D infernal creatures of pure evil fear them.

GoblinCookie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: May 25, 2018, 09:39:35 am »

I don't know what controls the generated demons, as in what determines what they are hostile to; I though it was simply being from hell that automatically put you in the underworld demon camp.  In order to fix this I would have to know what is controlling said creatures hostility, otherwise I would surmise that simply removing them from the game is the way to go, since their role is taken up by the 'clowns' anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 17