Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 17

Author Topic: Forgotten Realms Direforged 2.7M  (Read 79981 times)

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
Re: Forgotten Realms Direforged 2.5AA
« Reply #180 on: May 26, 2018, 04:01:28 am »

well, except that compared to the clowns, the D&D demons are just wild animals.
maybe try replacing the clowns with the demons.
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

GoblinCookie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: May 26, 2018, 06:56:50 am »

well, except that compared to the clowns, the D&D demons are just wild animals.
maybe try replacing the clowns with the demons.

You can't replace the clowns with the demons, since the former are hardcoded.

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: May 27, 2018, 06:26:38 am »

so there is no way of modding the clowns to be like D&D-Demons?
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

GoblinCookie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: May 27, 2018, 07:58:58 am »

so there is no way of modding the clowns to be like D&D-Demons?

Correct.  That is not the problem though, the problem is that I don't know what token I add in order to make non-hardcoded creatures 'identify' as underworld one's. 

GoblinCookie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: June 06, 2018, 07:49:11 am »

I have crossed another milestone towards the next release.  That is I have finished updating all the entity files for the next release, the new word symbols are in and we now have specific animals for a few entities.  In particular golems, both the D&D ones and Knight Otu's gear golems are no longer wild creatures, instead they are a starting pet for certain civilizations, using the new mechanics of the artefact releases.  Golems are also no longer ever made of steel, this is because I personally lost too many adventurers to invincible golems made of steel, the steel golems are now made of iron instead, meaning they can be harmed by steel weapons. 

I have realised that I have no specific word symbol for dragons, but I do have for instance word symbols for gnomes (includes dwarves and halflings), goblins and centaurs.  This is what I will be doing now.  Then I will be adding in names for the various gods that there are, mostly for D&D gods but Armok will be going in as well as a word for the vanilla elven forces.  Then I have to make the languages, this is less trivial than it would normally be because I have to add in lots of new words, but I don't have a means to make new words in the Direforged style.  That means I will have to copy-paste all the Direforged language words and then use DFLanguageCreate to make a new language that sounds like the original direforged languages (Auride, Skyhak, Encar etc). 

Then I will test the new version on an up to date DF version and see how many bugs I have added in and make whatever tweaks need making.  Then I can finally release this giant onto the world. 

GoblinCookie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: June 17, 2018, 10:29:36 am »

I have finished adding in all the gods.  I have also made all the creatures that were messing up the underworld by fighting with the default vanilla demons [DOES_NOT_EXIST] (not the same as removing them), which means they will appear in art but not in the game.  All I have left to do is the actual creation of the languages and the testing of new release, I wonder if I will get my release out before Toady One does?  :)
« Last Edit: June 17, 2018, 12:53:48 pm by GoblinCookie »

GoblinCookie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Forgotten Realms Direforged 2.6A
« Reply #186 on: June 29, 2018, 12:47:11 pm »

The plan was to beat Toady One and release first, but it the bugs had other ideas.   :) ;)

The new version is most about words.  There are now a *lot* of words, which is probably an understatement.  There is also a whole new set of symbols, again a lot of those all of them with references woven into the entity files, so I am not longer restricted to the limited range of symbols that the devs found useful for their vanilla entities.  Grammer is a bit iffy though and it will take some time to iron out the grammatical mistakes given how many words there are.  But since it is all a translation anyway, does grammer really matter anyways?

Next up is well the rest of my life, which had been completed swallowed up by making this release for what seems like the whole of last year.  Next in mod terms is Version 2.7, which will have the much-demanded elves in it, including the drow of course.  There is also the stripped down version of the new expanded dictionary to be created and released at some point, so that other folks can benefit from my wording work too.

GoblinCookie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Forgotten Realms Direforged 2.6B
« Reply #187 on: June 30, 2018, 08:22:37 am »

Fixed a typo by which Dynasties was instead being spelled as Dynastys.

GoblinCookie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Forgotten Realms Direforged 2.6C
« Reply #188 on: July 01, 2018, 12:17:38 pm »

Apparantly the existence of the [NO_THOUGHT] tag on the foul blendecs mean't they could not speak, that is now fixed.

GoblinCookie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Forgotten Realms Direforged 2.6D
« Reply #189 on: July 01, 2018, 03:15:49 pm »

I mistakenly gave lantan and rock gnomes shield guardians instead of brass golems as they were supposed to have, that has now been fixed.

Dwemeral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Forgotten Realms Direforged 2.6D
« Reply #190 on: July 02, 2018, 01:37:31 am »

Edit: NVM,
« Last Edit: July 02, 2018, 02:20:06 am by Dwemeral »

GoblinCookie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Forgotten Realms Direforged 2.6E
« Reply #191 on: July 03, 2018, 03:40:02 pm »

I ran across some of the old style buggy building destroyers that somehow avoided the cull destroying things in my fortress for no reason, in this case it was the sykhak.  This has now been fixed. 

GoblinCookie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Forgotten Realms Direforged 2.6F
« Reply #192 on: July 08, 2018, 07:05:55 am »

Not that many people probably care about diplomatic and trade relations with tower hobgoblin but their arch inquisitors will now turn up at our fortresses for a chat as they were originally supposed to but for some reason they never actually ended up doing.

GoblinCookie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Forgotten Realms Direforged 2.6G
« Reply #193 on: July 11, 2018, 09:33:09 am »

I discovered that I had unintentionally made forest gnomes playable and that owing to having culled the very symbol that Lantan gnomes were required to use for the first name of their civilization, they were unable to form civilizations properly.  This has led to yet another bug fixing subrelease.

GoblinCookie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Forgotten Realms Direforged 2.6H
« Reply #194 on: July 11, 2018, 10:37:19 am »

Removed a couple of misplaced capital letters in the word impetuosity.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 17