Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 17

Author Topic: Forgotten Realms Direforged 2.7M  (Read 80017 times)

GoblinCookie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Forgotten Realms Direforged 2.3C
« Reply #75 on: August 09, 2016, 03:22:40 pm »

Thanks to the good work of tiff I have now fixed the problem that was causing all the crashes.  There was nothing wrong with what was actually written in the file, this is why the errorlog did not show anything up.  The actual file *itself* was corrupt and by laborious trawling through each of the creatures in the file I determined that the githzerai creature was corrupt, or rather the date corruption *in* the file was located at that point.  I think I can see what has happened here, both githzerai and githyanki entities are layer linked and both were mistakenly using the same entity file prior to 2.3B, however the game does not really appreciate having two layer-linked entities with the same creature.  That is because it creates the creature as a wild animal and then superimposes the entities onto the wild animal groups I think.  This caused it to leave gibberish behind in the file, a kind of accidental virus I guess and the infected file was then passed on to everyone else. 

tiff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 10, 2016, 05:43:52 am »

Hooray! I'm useful!

That explains why sequentially removing creatures from the file (or even leaving it blank) had no effect. I was pulling my hair out trying to figure out which was the culprit. Love this mod; worth the frustration!

Malakor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 10, 2016, 06:25:51 am »

So i got DF Vanilla 43.05 fresh for this, copy-pasted the Mod-files into the folder.
Then i tried to start DF, FATAL ERROR:
Main index file missing/corrupted. The file "index" must be in the "data" folder. Make sure DF decompressed into its folders properly.

Now i have searched for this mysterious "index" file and found it in the data folder.
Dunno what is wrong.
Any suggestions?

GoblinCookie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 10, 2016, 06:44:50 am »

So i got DF Vanilla 43.05 fresh for this, copy-pasted the Mod-files into the folder.
Then i tried to start DF, FATAL ERROR:
Main index file missing/corrupted. The file "index" must be in the "data" folder. Make sure DF decompressed into its folders properly.

Now i have searched for this mysterious "index" file and found it in the data folder.
Dunno what is wrong.
Any suggestions?

That problem has nothing to do with the mod.  It is caused by copy pasting the DF-exe file without also copy-pasting the index file as well for that exe, you need to overwrite the index file in your folder with the index file from your zip file. 

Malakor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 10, 2016, 06:51:46 am »

So if i unzip vanilla df into a new folder, then apply the mod via unzipping it into the df folder and overwrite existing files, it should work?

EDIT:
Did that and same error.
The vanilla version only worked fine.
Does the mod still work if i overwrite it with the vanilla index file?
« Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 07:04:09 am by Malakor »

GoblinCookie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 10, 2016, 11:18:18 am »

So if i unzip vanilla df into a new folder, then apply the mod via unzipping it into the df folder and overwrite existing files, it should work?

EDIT:
Did that and same error.
The vanilla version only worked fine.
Does the mod still work if i overwrite it with the vanilla index file?

Aha, delete the mods index file first, it is not supposed to *have* an index file at all; it seems to have sneaked into the data folder accidentally.  The index file will be from an older version of DF, you overwrote the newer index file with the mod's older one, hence the problem. 
« Last Edit: August 11, 2016, 01:36:36 pm by GoblinCookie »

GoblinCookie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Forgotten Realms Direforged 2.3D
« Reply #81 on: August 10, 2016, 11:37:23 am »

Thanks to Malakor's issues I have released a new sub-release that now lacks the index file and all other superfluous vanilla files as well.  I will try to be more careful not to accidentally add in vanilla files that should not be there in future.

Malakor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Forgotten Realms Direforged 2.3D
« Reply #82 on: August 10, 2016, 06:49:17 pm »

Thanks for the quick fix!
Trying it out now with the Lazy Windoze Pack (PyLNP)!
First going for adventure and then Fort mode.
If i encounter any problems/bugs, i will post it here and try to be as detailed as possible.

Greetings,
Malakor

GoblinCookie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Forgotten Realms Direforged 2.4A
« Reply #83 on: August 30, 2016, 03:55:11 pm »

This is this then, version 2.4A.  The number of bugs I ran across while trawling through the various creatures to add in new creature class tokens as part of making gnome-blight affect all gnomes in the game and not just vanilla gnomes was quite staggering but now they are all gone I hope.  Adamantine smelting is now restricted to a small number of entities while the value of the raw adamantine has been reduced to that of silver bars since it is not that useful to most folks, but it is still very hard so would make a pretty good gate or wall to a fortification even if you could not smelt it.  The AI can now use the stuff potentially as well since I removed [DEEP_SPECIAL] token, since I could never grasp why nobody else seems to use adamantium when there are strand extractors among the migrant waves. 

As promised I added new stuff to the new gnomes to distinguish them from the vanilla dwarves and gnomes, most significant being the guns I added to lantan gnomes.  They were downsized so are less powerful than the guns in the Black Powder mod, but still pack a punch.  Mercury is now a thing in the game and is naturally used to make felt since a whole society of gnomic mad hatters is a cool idea indeed ;).  They also get to make gelatin out of cartilage and also get to wear party hats, so the mercury added gnomes can now have insane party involving eating a lot of jelly and parading around in felt party hats ;D.  Lastly and most boringly the lantan gnomes (and only them) get to make aluminum from bauxite on account of being too technologically advanced to make any damn sense in context. 

GoblinCookie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Forgotten Realms Direforged 2.4B
« Reply #84 on: August 31, 2016, 10:45:31 am »

It seems that the new vanilla gnome and ogre entities were not properly in the new mod because I accidentally edited the files inside the old versions folder rather than the new one.  That should be all fixed now.

GoblinCookie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Forgotten Realms Direforged 2.4C
« Reply #85 on: September 03, 2016, 01:09:35 pm »

With a new release comes happy times playing your own mod and with that comes realization of more bugs hiding in the raws.  Dullahan now actually have the ability to equip items, the reason for this was simply that they lacked the [EQUIPS] token and not anything to do with heads.  I always wanted to do something with the seriously underwhelming Fachan so I gave them natural dodging skills because lacking shields is a major weakness, especially now. 

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 03, 2016, 04:14:59 pm »

With a new release comes happy times playing your own mod and with that comes realization of more bugs hiding in the raws.
Ah yes, that attempt to actually play the game that turns into a grinding bug hunt.

Great work on this mod's huge pile of content.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

GoblinCookie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 05, 2016, 05:29:59 am »

Ah yes, that attempt to actually play the game that turns into a grinding bug hunt.

Great work on this mod's huge pile of content.

Tell me about it........ ;D

While continuing to play through the game I noticed that mephits were not being properly equipped with items even though they can join civs, this I fixed pretty shortly.  Before releasing the patch however I also set out to fix something that was keeping the subterranean cleanup entities (stuff like amphibian men, troglodytes) from using the armour I added in during the previous release along with an clothing at all.  This was the missing [CLOTHING] token in those entities, one has now been added to each of the files in the entity_cleanup_fr folder. 

GoblinCookie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Forgotten Realms Direforged 2.4E
« Reply #88 on: September 17, 2016, 11:22:43 am »

Well this is likely to be the last subrelease for this release being, since with me having discovered the wonders (horrors?) of Rimworld and the people over at Last Dwarves are getting restless for another update.  Coming up next release will be the various forms of D&D dwarves and their adversaries the giants, but since the dwarves are not exactly a hard thing to pull off concept wise there will be probably be time for me to add in enchanted metals along D&D lines, so we end up with +1 iron longsword made out of +1 iron which is made out of regular iron using some kind of reaction that happens at an enchanted smelter.  The old DF dwarves which are referred to as mountain dwarves already will not access to this technology, but the new dwarves will not have the ability to smelt adamantium, so this will balance the two. Rock/Lantan Gnomes will of course have both technologies since if there is a technology anyway they will have managed to steal it or replicate it; beyond that I think that D&D elves should have +? metal technology for sure with the more magically orientated human nations having that technology as well.  It will interesting to see how it plays out when we have the actual magical items in the vanilla game. 

GoblinCookie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Forgotten Realms Direforged 2.4F
« Reply #89 on: October 03, 2016, 06:55:31 am »

Owing to a chronic case of Rimworld addiction  8) :-[, progress on 2.5 with it's dwarves is stalled.  I did however spot a bug with peacocks while playing Last Dwarves and have also decided to revert to the vanilla firearms bullets, which are edged weapons.  So here is 2.4F, which I did not expect to be releasing.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 17